Carnival Sunshine refused 100s of passengers

nursldyjen

23 hours ago, Radiioman46 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but all the conditions that were in that email and especially, the condition for being 70 or older are here to stay. People are saying that these are just temporary, but usually when mandates are implemented, they never get revoked. 

If they stick to these requirements I guess my days of cruising is over. I take diabetic meds and my A1C has been less than 6 for years.  I’m in my early 50’. This just sucks. 
I have all this FCC plus 2 more cruises booked in the future with non refundable deposit. 
I hope they will give me cash refunds if this is why I can’t cruise 

Edited by Bases5

7 hours ago, footballbabe3 said:

Thank the people that have started to sue Carnival. Now they are putting it in your medical doctors hands. What do you expect. It’s all over the internet the new rules. 

Ummm, are you sure that is the reason?

19 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

If they stick to these requirements I guess my days of cruising is over. I take diabetic meds and my A1C has been less than 6 for years.  I’m in my early 50’. This just sucks. 
I have all this FCC plus 2 more cruises booked in the future with non refundable deposit. 
I hope they will give me cash refunds if this is why I can’t cruise 

An interesting point, but let’s take a step back.  Do cruise lines want you to stop cruising?  No.  These were put in place due to the  current environment, when it ends we will have to see.  

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 3:20 PM, 48traveler said:

Now my doctor reuses to issue a letter   Something's gotta give here

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 4:10 PM, adventuredancer said:

none of the doctors i work for would issue a letter like this. they have flat out refused. so now when people call in and ask, we can just go ahead and say no.

When I first read about the cruise lines requesting the letter certifying good health of us over 70,  I knew that NO doctor in their right minds would sign such a letter. 

If cruise lines permanently ban everyone with any chronic condition (high blood pressure, diabetes, COPD, heart condition, etc.) even if those conditions are controlled with medication, then their business would effectively dry up. I highly doubt these restrictions will stay in place once the pandemic is over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

If cruise lines permanently ban everyone with any chronic condition (high blood pressure, diabetes, COPD, heart condition, etc.) even if those conditions are controlled with medication, then their business would effectively dry up. I highly doubt these restrictions will stay in place once the pandemic is over. 

I hope you are correct.   I pretty much have them all but feel pretty darn healthy.   I hope to cruise again one day

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm actually thinking it is all the lawsuits against princess that made cruiselines start this cya letter stuff.

I too blame the lawsuits 😞

Who knows.  I had thought this was part of the directive that came out from the Cdc mandate.  

First off, 'only an opinion',,, cruise lines will welcome everyone back when this virus gets under control, especially when a flu shot is developed for it!

Without the elderly, there would be no cruising, or very little!

There's a virus every year, its just this one is easier to catch, and they think its deadlier! Better safe then sorry! Gamble with money, not life!

Second, if you were not able to cruise before the shutdown because of medical restrictions,

yea there might be a chance you might not be able to when the cruise lines start up again, at least for a while,

and if it stresses you out waiting, cancel!

Give those running things time to figure out where this all ends up!

Until then, stay healthy!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crusinpsychRN said:

Don't think this is possible.

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks! It was posted on Carnival as both types. Now are they going to continue this after the virus is gone? Million dollar question.

It's interesting to go back and read this thread now not even two weeks later and marvel at how much things have changed. Two weeks ago, people were upset that those over 70 (who have been established to be most at risk from this virus) had to provide a fit to cruise letter. Now, almost all schools are closed, people can't find TP anywhere (allegedly), entries metropolitan cities and states are on shelter in place order, the "non-essential" workforce is working from home, businesses are laying people off. Crazy how much the situation and people's attitude toward it changed. 

Hell, four weeks ago we were packing to take our 5 year old on her first trip to Walt Disney World. We went and had an amazing time. Would I go today if given the chance?? Doubtful under the current conditions.