Carnival Stock

billco

16 hours ago, brisalta said:

If you want to be silly about it then why not have all cruises be 28 days and only sea days. That should provide enough pre-paid quarantine time

Nothing silly about it. How many times recently have you heard " 14 day self quarantine"  Do you really believe that all people actually do that? Mandatory quarantine is the only way to make sure some selfish person does not go out and infect others.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, brisalta said:

If you want to be silly about it then why not have all cruises be 28 days and only sea days. That should provide enough pre-paid quarantine time

That sounds great to me providing they can check out every person boarding prior to sailing.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:46 AM, caribill said:

Most cruises are 7 days or less. If you contract the virus on one of these cruises, you will be home before symptoms present themselves.

While we will take a 7 day cruise we don't normally like to do so. We have one booked next May but only because we start an 18 day out of FLL and, since we have to fly there anyway, we booked a 7 day Western Caribbean as a pre-cruise cruise. We booked a 7 day in 2018 as well but, again, it was an add-on before a 19 day cruise. I guess a lot of folks do take 7 day cruises (and I've even seen where a few have referred to them as "longer cruises" 😵) there are a lot of folks who find 7 days way too short - especially if one has to travel very far to and from the port of embarkation/disembarkation.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Thrak said:

While we will take a 7 day cruise we don't normally like to do so. We have one booked next May but only because we start an 18 day out of FLL and, since we have to fly there anyway, we booked a 7 day Western Caribbean as a pre-cruise cruise. We booked a 7 day in 2018 as well but, again, it was an add-on before a 19 day cruise. I guess a lot of folks do take 7 day cruises (and I've even seen where a few have referred to them as "longer cruises" 😵) there are a lot of folks who find 7 days way too short - especially if one has to travel very far to and from the port of embarkation/disembarkation.

I hear you brother. The life is good and the good life is even better. 😃

11 hours ago, Wellydancer said:

Thank you Sweetp12.

We're in the UK.  I'll give Stake a look.  

🙂

If you are in the UK, then you can buy the UK Version of Carnival. Its dual listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchange. I don't know the symbol on the London Exchange, but here is a link. Shares closed at about GBP 8.74 today. 

Edited by drowelf

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

7 days? Forget about it. You only leave the terminal & there sending out questionnaires about  disembarkation. 

And we don't travel very far either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

7 days? Forget about it. You only leave the terminal & there sending out questionnaires about  disembarkation. 

And we don't travel very far either. 

We are with you! We love the longer cruises with all the sea days. Thus we have over 20 TA and TP's under our belts. The longest so far was 40 days. Total of 55 cruises. A few 3 -5 days for fun when they are super cheap and a few 7 days over the years.

Maureen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Nothing silly about it. How many times recently have you heard " 14 day self quarantine"  Do you really believe that all people actually do that? Mandatory quarantine is the only way to make sure some selfish person does not go out and infect others.

Woosh...

4 hours ago, drowelf said:

If you are in the UK, then you can buy the UK Version of Carnival. Its dual listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchange. I don't know the symbol on the London Exchange, but here is a link. Shares closed at about GBP 8.74 today. 

Thanks for your reply.

I think I've found exactly what I need now.

11 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

After reading many of the posts I would never think I am reading a thread titled "Carnival stock."😀. I think this has gotten way off topic.

Sorry about wandering off topic. I have a bad habit of leaving the original topic without thinking about it.

12 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

After reading many of the posts I would never think I am reading a thread titled "Carnival stock."😀. I think this has gotten way off topic.

It's all cruise related and we are all needing some conversation in our self-isolation time so does it really matter!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

It's all cruise related and we are all needing some conversation in our self-isolation time so does it really matter!

It only matters it the moderators give you a warning...which they will do if the thread gets out of control. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

It does to me. When I click on a topic, I do so because I am interested in the topic. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, billco said:

It does to me. When I click on a topic, I do so because I am interested in the topic. 

I guess that's too much to ask 😞.  Sounds like some use any thread aa a coping mechanism. Not much can be done about it but I am glad it makes them feel better.

On 4/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, frugaltravel said:

Not bad but if they waited till today it would have been a 50% gain 😀

Yup, when the stock goes down significantly, you can make a lot money on the rebound.  Personally, I think the stock is going to be very volatile, but if you hold it for several years you will probably make 400-500% on your principal.

15 minutes ago, Syracusefan said:

Here is the latest CCL stock forecast for the next 12 months which ranges from $30.50 to $59 per share. 

https://money.cnn.com/quote/forecast/forecast.html?symb=CCL

Actually the range shown is $5 to $59 with the median being $30.50

Most of the Analysts have CCL as a hold.

It also projects Q3 as a return to near normal revenues. So if you believe Q3 will be near normal CCL is the stock for you.

Edited by npcl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Found this interesting: Carnival Cruise Line Limits Capacity on Select Voyages in May and June 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5259/

That's a good one. 😄Looks like they want to keep the stock price from tanking even more. 

I suspect they'll have a hard time finding anyone who wants to sail during that period of time when they don't have any solution to the problem except keeping away from one another.

To me it seems like almost a guarantee of getting sick.

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Found this interesting: Carnival Cruise Line Limits Capacity on Select Voyages in May and June 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5259/

If my family lived in Florida, I think we would definitely take advantage of some of the discounts that they will be offering.  That said, my family is relatively healthy and we have no underlying health issues.