Level 4 travel warning

krittykat

Anyone concerned about the latest travel warning? We are now under a Level 4 travel warning which states "Do Not Travel Out of Country".

Will that affect you decision to cruise (if cruises are not canceled) or do you think this will cause companies to extend the cancellations?

2 hours ago, krittykat said:

Anyone concerned about the latest travel warning? We are now under a Level 4 travel warning which states "Do Not Travel Out of Country".

Will that affect you decision to cruise (if cruises are not canceled) or do you think this will cause companies to extend the cancellations?

No concern at all.  As an adult, I am intelligent enough to make my own life decisions.  Believe it or not, I don't rely on the government to 'take care of me'.  Don't buckle to the media attempting to spread panic and fear.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, krittykat said:

do you think this will cause companies to extend the cancellations?

Obviously. And also NCL will wait to the last minute to say its extending it, so most people go the 100% FCC route and they dont have to refund...

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

How is a travel recommendation today relevant to a cruise later this year or next year?

A travel recommendation causes many reputable companies and smart travelers to promptly and carefully address the impact of any ban on current and future operations. And then, there are companies and travelers who have stated they have no concern whatsoever and will outright ignore any advisory by attempting to travel at a time when many parts of the world are closed, subjecting themselves and the places they try to visit to unnecessary risk. They'll wisely accuse the media of spreading fear, while foolishly ignoring the government and the professional health experts at the CDC and WHO. Below is a very limited summary of how the recent Level 4 ban has affected a few airlines. 

Carnival and Royal appear to be out ahead of this as Carnival is reportedly offering ships as floating hospital. Both Carnival and Royal are reportedly sending crew home within the next week or two. NCL may or may not be working to address how this advisory is going to impact future operations. They still have passengers stuck on Jewel trying to find a debarkation port.

More to come....

American Airlines is implementing a "phased suspension" of additional international long-haul flights through May 6.

Australian airline Qantas and its subsidiary Jetstar will suspend scheduled international flights from late March until at least the end of May.

Air Canada will gradually suspend the majority of its international and US trans-border flights by March 31.

Ryanair said it expects that "most if not all" its flights will be grounded by March 24.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 5

Scheduled to fly Manila to JFK on 4/21/20, logged in to Cheapoair chat to try to move up the flight, after a 2 hour wait was told there are 111 people in front of me.  Was given an 888 number to call so I could be on hold there instead of online.  Cannot call 888 numbers from boondocks, Philippines.  Could be that international flights to the USA will be grounded soon or PAL could cancel international flights.  All domestic flights grounded here until 4/12/20.  Hope the April and May cruises are cancelled,,we might still be in the Philippines. 

5 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

This really has nothing to do with NCL?   Just sayin.  

If you're currently holding NCL tickets for next month it has everything to do with NCL. And no, that cruise hasn't been cancelled yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, krittykat said:

Anyone concerned about the latest travel warning?

I'm trying to understand how it impacts the tickets I hold for an NCL cruise 30 days from today. Is it tantamount to cancellation by the cruise line? Frankly, that would be much simpler than this protracted uncertainty.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BillDz said:

I'm trying to understand how it impacts the tickets I hold for an NCL cruise 30 days from today. Is it tantamount to cancellation by the cruise line? Frankly, that would be much simpler than this protracted uncertainty.

It really doesn't impact anything between you and NCL. Only NCL can cancel your cruise vacation. At this point, operations for NCL are only suspended until April 11. I expect this to change in the next week or two.

This is an advisory, a recommendation, to not travel. And a reminder, that if anyone does travel during this time, they should do so at their own risk and not rely on the US Government for assistance, if it should be required.

Just sit tight for the cancellation from NCL which is forthcoming, in my opinion.

We have a 15 day on the Jade, Rome to Amsterday, scheduled for May 1-16.  NCL just sent me an Upgrade Advantage email to try to get me to bid for a cabin upgrade!

NCL also says they would never sail to a country under a Level 4 travel warning.  If that is true, they can't sail anywhere right now, because the State Dept put the entire globe under a Level 4 warning.  Waiting for them to cancel to claim a refund.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BillDz said:

If you're currently holding NCL tickets for next month it has everything to do with NCL. And no, that cruise hasn't been cancelled yet.

No this has nothing to do with NCL and shouldn’t be posted in this section. 
  This is an airlines restriction not a NCL cruise line issue.   
I have a cruise next month.  And can drive there if needed.  But the cruise will be canceled at some point Once they catch up.   

8 hours ago, Love my butler said:

No concern at all.  As an adult, I am intelligent enough to make my own life decisions.  Believe it or not, I don't rely on the government to 'take care of me'.  Don't buckle to the media attempting to spread panic and fear.

I am not fearful due to this - just thinking that the cruises will not be sailing. If they do sail, not sure there will be a port to stop at.

Edited by krittykat
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

No this has nothing to do with NCL and shouldn’t be posted in this section. 
  This is an airlines restriction not a NCL cruise line issue.   
I have a cruise next month.  And can drive there if needed.  But the cruise will be canceled at some point Once they catch up.   

Uh travel restrictions has everything to do with NCL, enforced or not. It's going to effect Airlines decisions to continue to fly as well as effect cruise lines decisions to sail. My goodness, get a grip. Why does it matter to you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mdsgu said:

We have a 15 day on the Jade, Rome to Amsterday, scheduled for May 1-16.  NCL just sent me an Upgrade Advantage email to try to get me to bid for a cabin upgrade!

NCL also says they would never sail to a country under a Level 4 travel warning.  If that is true, they can't sail anywhere right now, because the State Dept put the entire globe under a Level 4 warning.  Waiting for them to cancel to claim a refund.....

We are booked on this same cruise.  Since travel from the US is now level 4 and NCL has nowhere to visit, they are not able to uphold their end of the contract, so I assume they will have no choice except to cancel.  The way they handle this will certainly help my decision about ever cruising with them again.  This cruise was to celebrate our 50th anniversary 😞

4 hours ago, BillDz said:

That is what I am trying to figure out. I have a cruise on April 12 out of New Orleans. NOLA is becoming a hot spot right now. This is coming from CDC information, not media fear spreading. I am from Washington State where they are discussing a shelter in place mandate.  I am not sure what other states are doing across the country but the West Coast is not the place to live right now.

10 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

Uh travel restrictions has everything to do with NCL, enforced or not. It's going to effect Airlines decisions to continue to fly as well as effect cruise lines decisions to sail. My goodness, get a grip. Why does it matter to you?

I have a cruise for may2. And this has nothing to do with my cruise.    
this is about an airlines issue and shouldn’t be in a NCL area.  

12 minutes ago, krittykat said:

Since I have a cruise scheduled for April 12 with NCL, it kind of does.

I have a cruise for may2.  And it has nothing to do with NCL.  
Its an airline restriction.  Not NCL.