The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

Since no one is actively cruising on Celebrity right now (save for some folks on Eclipse heading back to the States from South America), how about a thread to remember happy moments from past cruises during this depressing time. Let’s post our favorite photos from our past Celebrity Cruises. A few requests though...

1. Post photos from onboard ship or at any port during the cruise.

2. Post photos one at a time, and no more than three per day, just so we can get a variety of photos from different members and don’t flood the thread with many photos in one post.

3. Include some explanations about what you’re posting; what ship, when you took the cruise, what port, etc. And if you have a nice story to go along with the photo even better.

I’ll start...

This is a photo I took in January of 2017 in St. Lucia while on a Celebrity Eclipse cruise. My family group had booked an excursion with Spencer Ambrose Tours to visit Sugar Beach. On our way there by boat from the cruise port we made a stop at the town of Soufriere where I captured this shot of a boat in the harbor with the backdrop of Petit Piton, one of the two famous peaks of St. Lucia.

Looking forward you seeing everyone’s photos!

F4D26433-60F7-48DA-8476-4B32EF59AAE7.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Jun 18 2007 Millennium 12 night sailing, Venice to Barcelona. 

As the family was getting dressed for our formal night dinner, I was standing out on our balcony and watched this wonderful sun set over the Strait of Messina during a humid, idyllic evening.

Strait of Messina.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What a great idea. Here is a photo on the American Bar in Amsterdam......oh, funny I picked a ‘bar’!! The place Is right out of the 1930’s and the young men are playing some fine Jazz. I expected Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre and Humphrey Bogart to come strolling through!

8F2360F4-0CDB-43FA-AD6E-A91910A1F0E8.jpeg

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

What a great idea. Here is a photo on the American Bar in Amsterdam......oh, funny I picked a ‘bar’!! The place Is right out of the 1930’s and the young men are playing some fine Jazz. I expected Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre and Humphrey Bogart to come strolling through!

8F2360F4-0CDB-43FA-AD6E-A91910A1F0E8.jpeg

Love the art deco look. Will have to check that out next time I'm in Amsterdam.

And try the American Bar in Prague, even more art-deco! I won’t put a photo of it so I can add more later tonight!! In fact, I’ve started during a search for ‘American Bar’ for various cities and you’d be surprised how many come up that are really fantastic and are look very ‘local’ and are popular with the residents.

Den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

And try the American Bar in Prague, even more art-deco! I won’t put a photo of it so I can add more later tonight!! In fact, I’ve started during a search for ‘American Bar’ for various cities and you’d be surprised how many come up that are really fantastic and are look very ‘local’ and are popular with the residents.

Den

Will note that for future Prague visit too. Just a reminder though, let's please keep this to photos from Celebrity cruises, on ship or ports. I don't think Prague is a Celebrity port? 🙂

53 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Great idea. As this is a Celebrity thread, I thought it appropriate to wave the flag.

This was our welcome-back-to-the-ship greeter in March 2016 after spending our day in Oranjestad, Curaçao.

P1040251.thumb.jpeg.e323921572c49a2a970eb73d9e490701.jpeg

I thought for sure this was a brochure from Celebrity at first glance.

Great photo!

• Like 2

At a Peruvian Horse Show in Lima, Peru.  Last year on the Eclipse from Chile to San Diego.  My hubby and I were so surprised at how interesting this actually was!  We had recently lost his grandfather who was a true cowboy with a paint horse ranch, and it was amazing how these cowboys, a world away, reminded us of him.

DSC01206.JPG

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Fourmeco, I wonder if we were on the same cruise. . . . I took this photo of The Eclipse as we walked back on our overnight in Curaçao in March, 2016.

No, we only had the day in Curaçao. Our overnight was in Barbados.