P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone a little cloudy here and the window cleaner has just woken me up , had a lay in after my virtuosa cruise which we didn’t enjoy one bit ( except for one lunch 😉) I won’t go into any details about the cruise except it was very very busy.

We rested our ears yesterday unpacked and sat catching up on a few programs, washing day today and then tonight I’m off to see Olly Murs in hopefully what is a good seat because my husband got us VIP tickets not knowing what he really done and just thought all the tickets were that price , so hopefully near the stage and our ears will be ringing again tonight 😂 have a wonderful day everyone.

• Like 15

25 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone a little cloudy here and the window cleaner has just woken me up , had a lay in after my virtuosa cruise which we didn’t enjoy one bit ( except for one lunch 😉) I won’t go into any details about the cruise except it was very very busy.

We rested our ears yesterday unpacked and sat catching up on a few programs, washing day today and then tonight I’m off to see Olly Murs in hopefully what is a good seat because my husband got us VIP tickets not knowing what he really done and just thought all the tickets were that price , so hopefully near the stage and our ears will be ringing again tonight 😂 have a wonderful day everyone.

Pauline said she is over the moon for you and hope you have a wonderful time.

I hope you have a fantastic seat and fabulous time Sandra.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner last night 

IMG_20230430_172535.jpg

IMG_20230430_174144.jpg

I'm now thinking Chops Grille, or at home but dining out?  I spy a side dish too, so I favour Chops! It's like a game, where can Graham be eating today? Coast and in-car McDonalds or somewhere fancy. Love it Graham - always makes me smile 💐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'm now thinking Chops Grille, or at home but dining out?  I spy a side dish too, so I favour Chops! It's like a game, where can Graham be eating today? Coast and in-car McDonalds or somewhere fancy. Love it Graham - always makes me smile 💐

Thank you @mrsgoggins.

I always appreciate your kind words.

Graham.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I love all your foodie pics too Graham, keep them coming

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline said she is over the moon for you and hope you have a wonderful time.

I hope you have a fantastic seat and fabulous time Sandra.

Thank you graham I’m sure we will and your dinner last night looks lovely, love a good steak.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Perhaps Miller and Carter. I think Chops plates would be a giveaway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

My friend was on that MSC cruise, she said it was very crowded and they struggled to find a seat in bars etc so I don’t think she’ll be going with them again either. I’m not seeing her for a month but I’ll find out more then, they enjoyed the ports as they did WW2 tour at Cherbourg and also found a DDay museum at Portland.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

Afternoon, I’ve had a lovely couple of days. We went to Broadstairs and stayed overnight. On Sunday we went to Ramsgate before we went home mid afternoon. We were so lucky with the weather, we were sitting outside in short sleeves.

Unfortunately I had a rubbish sleep because our room had an annoying noise from vents all night. It was a shame as the hotel was lovely and we had a great breakfast with the nicest poach eggs I’ve ever had.It also had a free car pack which is a rare thing in Broadstairs. In future we’ll go to our usual hotel and pay for parking!

IMG_8343.jpeg

IMG_8332.jpeg

IMG_8271.jpeg

IMG_8263.jpeg

IMG_8254.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

IMG_8265.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

My friend was on that MSC cruise, she said it was very crowded and they struggled to find a seat in bars etc so I don’t think she’ll be going with them again either. I’m not seeing for a month but I’ll find out more then, they enjoyed the ports as they did WW2 tour at Cherbourg and also found a DDay museum at Portland.

Im sorry to say it’s the worst cruise I had in 23 years, lovely fantastic looking ship etc but  yes you could never get a seat anywhere , not enough staff, it was a chore to get a drink I waited 50 minutes one day and eventually gave up , too many stag, hen , parties etc but that was understandable due to it only being a 3 day cruise 5,013 people on board .

Loved how quickly the embarkation and debarkation was , loved how the lifts worked, and the singers in the theatre were good .

• Like 7

Just now, Purdey16 said:

Im sorry to say it’s the worst cruise I had in 23 years, lovely fantastic looking ship etc but  yes you could never get a seat anywhere , not enough staff, it was a chore to get a drink I waited 50 minutes one day and eventually gave up , too many stag, hen , parties etc but that was understandable due to it only being a 3 day cruise 5,013 people on board .

Loved how quickly the embarkation and debarkation was , loved how the lifts worked, and the singers in the theatre were good .

What a shame! My friend is an experienced cruiser so she’s not put off cruising itself. She had a 10.30am embarkation time which is mad! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

That’s a shame. Short cruises always tend to have issues because of the big parties, too much booze etc.

We have now done several MSC and really enjoyed them though full disclosure only in the yacht club.

If it’s not for you then it’s not for you, we all have our preferred niche

• Like 2

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after 1 night pre-cruise stay in Southampton and a 1 night post cruise stay in York.

We were on a 3 night cruise on MSC Virtuoso.

The highlight of the cruise was by far meeting and

Having lunch with the lovely 

Sandra @Purdey16 and her husband in the Minuet restaurant.

We had a 10am check in and were on the ship by 10.45am but our cabins were not ready until 14.15pm.

The ship was lovely but a typical 3 night booze cruise.

We had a large aft balcony cabin.

I booked a 2 night speciality restaurant on line.

I did a status match with our Princess Elite loyalty and got their top Diamond loyalty status.

The benefits of Diamond:-

Bottle of prosecco and canapes in our cabin on embarkation.

1 free night speciality restaurant meal for 2 worth £90.

We had our cabin till 09.30am on disembarkation day while everyone else had to be out of their cabins by 07.30am.

IMG_20230427_195424.jpg

IMG_20230430_195531.jpg

IMG_20230427_140512.jpg

IMG_20230427_140433.jpg

• Like 22

Graham I’m glad you’ve posted now you’re home I didn’t want to say anything in case you weren’t going straight home and I know you like to keep private when you’re away, it was really lovely to meet you and Pauline that lunch time and being sat next to each other by chance you were both just as lovely in person as you are on here .

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Graham I’m glad you’ve posted now you’re home I didn’t want to say anything in case you weren’t going straight home and I know you like to keep private when you’re away, it was really lovely to meet you and Pauline that lunch time and being sat next to each other by chance you were both just as lovely in person as you are on here .

Thank you so much Sandra.

We both enjoyed chatting to you and your husband at lunchtime in the restaurant and you were both so lovely and friendly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon, I’ve had a lovely couple of days. We went to Broadstairs and stayed overnight. On Sunday we went to Ramsgate before we went home mid afternoon. We were so lucky with the weather, we were sitting outside in short sleeves.

Unfortunately I had a rubbish sleep because our room had an annoying noise from vents all night. It was a shame as the hotel was lovely and we had a great breakfast with the nicest poach eggs I’ve ever had.It also had a free car pack which is a rare thing in Broadstairs. In future we’ll go to our usual hotel and pay for parking!

IMG_8343.jpeg

IMG_8332.jpeg

IMG_8271.jpeg

IMG_8263.jpeg

IMG_8254.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

IMG_8265.jpeg

Nice photos Sue and a lovely photo of yourself.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1