P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Not sure if you can help me rather than starting another thread. 

Taking a friend on her first cruise with us in May. Want to get her something for her cruise.

Knowing her well just wondering if we can buy OBC for someone as a gift rather than having to buy a gift? Help

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Taking a friend on her first cruise with us in May. Want to get her something for her cruise.

Knowing her well just wondering if we can buy OBC for someone as a gift rather than having to buy a gift? Help

You can, a friend of ours did it for our retirement cruise. Probably need to speak to guest services?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Most certainly as long as you got their cruise number , name, and if you can cabin number, phone guest services up and book it , I’ve had it done to me with flowers and champagne.

• Thanks 1

Been busy today with packing for our very first MSC cruise tomorrow, it’s only for 3 nights, to Portland and then Cherbourg and back Sunday morning, just to try the ship out for maybe future bookings etc , it will probably be as we all know it a booze cruise but il ignore that !! .

On another note I had a email today from my cruise agent about a deal on queen Mary 5 days inside cabin £199pp to celebrate the king’s coronation to overnight in Liverpool, we so much wanted to do it but commitments to have grandchildren this week killed it , thought it was a good bargain, what do you think ? It’s on may 2nd if you want to search it out , 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Been busy today with packing for our very first MSC cruise tomorrow, it’s only for 3 nights, to Portland and then Cherbourg and back Sunday morning, just to try the ship out for maybe future bookings etc , it will probably be as we all know it a booze cruise but il ignore that !! .

On another note I had a email today from my cruise agent about a deal on queen Mary 5 days inside cabin £199pp to celebrate the king’s coronation to overnight in Liverpool, we so much wanted to do it but commitments to have grandchildren this week killed it , thought it was a good bargain, what do you think ? It’s on may 2nd if you want to search it out , 

Good luck with the MSC cruise, we have always enjoyed them, if you like Mexican food Hola is great, brilliant way to have a crack at anything on the menu. We got the email for the QM cruise, brilliant price, only £299 for a balcony. This cruise is a last minute thing after the crossing to US was cancelled because of an engine issue.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Alas we are still stuck to school holidays so can't do these one offs .. one day

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I've had a severe case of shingles and believe me when I say that if you can have this jab have it.

It is a nasty illness and I know that I could have been worse.

I remember when my dad had shingles, I’d never known him to be so ill and he was only in his 60s at the time 

11 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I remember when my dad had shingles, I’d never known him to be so ill and he was only in his 60s at the time 

I had it in 2019 .. caused by stress to be honest looking back. Was 55 ... it was horrible and like I said I was lucky that it was not as bad as it could have been. Still get stabbing jabs in my side when tired and stressed . Like electric shocks ... 

I

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Good luck with the MSC cruise, we have always enjoyed them, if you like Mexican food Hola is great, brilliant way to have a crack at anything on the menu. We got the email for the QM cruise, brilliant price, only £299 for a balcony. This cruise is a last minute thing after the crossing to US was cancelled because of an engine issue.

Looking to do that for a lunch time all you can eat , but what would you recommend for boarding day lunch avoiding the buffet , we’re are only Bella so no posh restaurants for us .😤

Good morning everyone, another early morning thanks to the birds cheeping.  The only good thing about being up so early is that the washing is already done and out on the line, hopefully it will will dry on the wind before the rain arrives.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 4

Good morning everyone it’s a bit dull here this morning and dry for now but the heavy rain is due about 2 o’clock here but I’ll be on the ship then so no walking out on deck and doing that high walkway which I wanted to do , il leave that for Friday while we’re docked in Portland so no movement to make it difficult.

Have a lovely day and weekend everyone.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Looking to do that for a lunch time all you can eat , but what would you recommend for boarding day lunch avoiding the buffet , we’re are only Bella so no posh restaurants for us .😤

I don't know if anything other than the buffet is open boarding day. To be fair we found the buffet very good and we very rarely go to the buffets. However we were aboard for 11:30 so it was quiet. 

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I don't know if anything other than the buffet is open boarding day. To be fair we found the buffet very good and we very rarely go to the buffets. However we were aboard for 11:30 so it was quiet. 

I thought the buffet was very good too, I think MSC do the best pizza. Hope you have a lovely time

Michelle 

• Like 1

A dull, dreary day, not raining at present, but more is forecast. The local news is full of the fact that we are short of water and the hosepipe ban has been extended further, also advising everyone to conserve water.

Another day on the phone trying to get an answer or find out what is happening re my oncology assesment/appointment. So wish me luck!!

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 9

Ah yes Brian, the lovely octopus on toast (yeurgh). Actually it was that offering that drove us to the buffet for the the rest of the cruise; and I must agree that the pizzas were excellent. You know what happened to us on that cruise Brian and I received a voucher from MSC which would have bought me another cruise at today's prices had I used it. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes. It's all very well having principles - as long as they don't come back and bite you on the a**e! Have a good day. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

A dull, dreary day, not raining at present, but more is forecast. The local news is full of the fact that we are short of water and the hosepipe ban has been extended further, also advising everyone to conserve water.

Another day on the phone trying to get an answer or find out what is happening re my oncology assesment/appointment. So wish me luck!!

Hope you all have a good day.

Good luck Pam! I really have everything crossed that you get an answer today. Jane xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another brilliant bowling match in the Ladies League tonight we played with one player short so gave away 21 points before we started but fortunately  were on our home green so we still managed to win 124 to 96.  The captain has texted me to cobgratulate me because I had the best personal score tonight ( 21-1).

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Another brilliant bowling match in the Ladies League tonight we played with one player short so gave away 21 points before we started but fortunately  were on our home green so we still managed to win 124 to 96.  The captain has texted me to cobgratulate me because I had the best personal score tonight ( 21-1).

Couldn’t your short player play marbles instead? Similar sort of game but with smaller balls.😇

• Haha 5

Good Morning Chaps and Chapesses ( probably not allowed to say that now but it's Friday and I don't care).

I do hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. Josy is our new Olympian and well done to her for yesterday. Pam - any luck with your phone calls yesterday? Where's Kalos?

I really wish I could have gone on the Coronation Cruise and congrats to everyone who has booked. 

I need the sea so have booked for Southwold again; going next Friday for 10 days. I've booked a cottage with a massive TV so I can watch on Saturday and there is a big village green party on next Sunday for more celebrations. Apologies to everyone who doesn't care about the Coronation but I'm an unashamed royalist.

If there are still any Queen fans out there I can highly recommend "The Show Must Go On" - which follows the collaboration with Adam Lambert who has a stunning voice - on Netflix.

Best wishes to all as always. Jane xxx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1