Surprise, surprise points just posted for my cancelled cruise

2 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Was hoping to get first crystal block on 4/19 Harmony cruise.  Plus $18 drink package at slightly over soda price.  Would MUCH rather go than sit waiting for refunds of planner purchases.  Still haven't gotten to Coco Cay.

I feel your pain.  We also lost the $18 drink package that we had for April.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

First March break in 14 years that we’ve been at home.  I gained more weight than I do on a cruise.😮

That's called the Quarantine 15. Something like the Freshman 15 when a student gains 15 pounds his first semester away at college.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just looked at my account and 7 points were just added for my cruise on Anthem March 15 that was cancelled.

It’s one of two things;

A very nice gesture by Royal Caribbean or the intern that was responsible for the $18 a day drink package is now running IT for C&A.

For now I’ll go with the nice gesture until they take them away.

It will be caught. Ive been down that road before myself

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just looked at my account and 7 points were just added for my cruise on Anthem March 15 that was cancelled.

It’s one of two things;

A very nice gesture by Royal Caribbean or the intern that was responsible for the $18 a day drink package is now running IT for C&A.

For now I’ll go with the nice gesture until they take them away.

Hey!  We were also on your cancelled cruise of 3/15 on the Anthem.  I just checked and we did NOT get points for that cruise.  On their website where the points are usually detailed for each completed cruise has our reservation ID instead of a 7.  You did though, good for you!  We too missed the $18 package on that cruise, plus for 2 more cancellations. (so far)  Sigh.  

Odd though (like everything else lately), that Anthem cancelled cruise shows  up as a completed cruise. 

Edited by CruiseKeeper

9 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

That's called the Quarantine 15. Something like the Freshman 15 when a student gains 15 pounds his first semester away at college.

LOL I lost my 15 night TA for May 2nd, I will take the Quarantine 15 

I actually lost 8 points little over 2 or 3 years ago when Royal changed their Website 

Never got it back , still not happy with that. 

10 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Hey!  We were also on your cancelled cruise of 3/15 on the Anthem.  I just checked and we did NOT get points for that cruise.  On their website where the points are usually detailed for each completed cruise has our reservation ID instead of a 7.  You did though, good for you!  We too missed the $18 package on that cruise, plus for 2 more cancellations. (so far)  Sigh.  

Odd though (like everything else lately), that Anthem cancelled cruise shows  up as a completed cruise. 

Might be too early for the points, doesn't it normally take 5 days after the cruise to show up ? 

But now that I think about it that would have been around March 26th 

I was scheduled for the March 14 Adventure of the Seas which Royal cancelled at the last moment and I have not received any points. Someone else asked the question of whether you took the FCC 125% or did you ask for the refund? I asked for the refund (not received, nor any email indication of anything) . Maybe you took the FCC and with that they are giving you the points?  If so, nice bonus, however  I personally will be pissed if that is the case because if I knew in advance of the additional perk it would have swayed my thinking. 

2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I was scheduled for the March 14 Adventure of the Seas which Royal cancelled at the last moment and I have not received any points. Someone else asked the question of whether you took the FCC 125% or did you ask for the refund? I asked for the refund (not received, nor any email indication of anything) . Maybe you took the FCC and with that they are giving you the points?  If so, nice bonus, however  I personally will be pissed if that is the case because if I knew in advance of the additional perk it would have swayed my thinking. 

I don’t know about Ken who got the points, but we went for the 125% and got no points.  

26 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Did you cancel beforehand or did Royal cancel you?  We were cancelled by Royal and have taken the 125% FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you cancel beforehand or did Royal cancel you?  We were cancelled by Royal and have taken the 125% FCC

We cancelled the day before they cancelled.  Maybe that’s it.  We cancelled thru our TA and gave her the 125% instruction.  I never did get a cancellation confirmation from our TA or RCI, so who knows.  

Another question...we are booked on the June 21 Oasis 6 day to Canada.  We’ve received this email from RCI:

Although this would lead us to believe our cruise to Canada is cancelled, a call to our TA says it’s not cancelled (yet) and in fact, RCI is still taking reservations for this cruise. I wonder what the deal is.  

But right now, we need to take a break — to take social distancing
seriously and give the world time to recover. That’s why Royal Caribbean®
has decided to extend our pause on all global sailings. We hope to be able to
get back to making memories begi‌nning Ma‌y 1‌2‌, 20‌20. Due to port closures,
Alaska, Canada and New England sailings will st‌art o‌n Ju‌ly 1‌, 20‌20.
Booked guests have been notified directly if their sailing is
cancelled, and we’re sorry for this change in plans.

2 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

We cancelled the day before they cancelled.  Maybe that’s it.  We cancelled thru our TA and gave her the 125% instruction.  I never did get a cancellation confirmation from our TA or RCI, so who knows.  

Another question...we are booked on the June 21 Oasis 6 day to Canada.  We’ve received this email from RCI:

Although this would lead us to believe our cruise to Canada is cancelled, a call to our TA says it’s not cancelled (yet) and in fact, RCI is still taking reservations for this cruise. I wonder what the deal is.  

But right now, we need to take a break — to take social distancing
seriously and give the world time to recover. That’s why Royal Caribbean®
has decided to extend our pause on all global sailings. We hope to be able to
get back to making memories begi‌nning Ma‌y 1‌2‌, 20‌20. Due to port closures,
Alaska, Canada and New England sailings will st‌art o‌n Ju‌ly 1‌, 20‌20.
Booked guests have been notified directly if their sailing is
cancelled, and we’re sorry for this change in plans.

If you cancelled the day before Royal did I am sorry to tell you that you will only get the 100% FCC that is offered under the cruise with confidence policy.  Royal is making no exceptions on this.  I have spent hours on the phone today fighting for my clients who had to cancel before Royal did due to the travel advisory that Canada issued and they won’t budge.  It is 100% FCC only. 

7 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

I’m not sure what’s up with those cruises.  They have cancelled the Alaska ones and said in their release that it also included cruises that stop in Canada yet many of the Canada / New England ones remain.  I don’t have clients sailing on any of those so I haven’t asked. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We were supposed to be on the March 14th Radiance cruise that was cancelled after muster.  We took the refund.  The cruise shows in our history but no extra points.  Wasn't expecting any.  Will wait and see.

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We were supposed to be on the March 14th Radiance cruise that was cancelled after muster.  We took the refund.  The cruise shows in our history but no extra points.  Wasn't expecting any.  Will wait and see.

How many days was the cruise supposed to be?