Surprise, surprise points just posted for my cancelled cruise

I just looked at my account and 7 points were just added for my cruise on Anthem March 15 that was cancelled.

It’s one of two things;

A very nice gesture by Royal Caribbean or the intern that was responsible for the $18 a day drink package is now running IT for C&A.

For now I’ll go with the nice gesture until they take them away.

• Like 12
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah, I figure that will happen one day. 

Especially now that RCI is now likely or soon will be aware that cruise points has been credited for a cancelled cruise. We didn't get these for our cancelled Oasis TA cruise last Spring.

I wouldn't have posted this on this board.  😉

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

I return from my non-Anthem Cruise tomorrow. I’ll let you know if/when my points appear 😜😜

BTW, Royal’s app has been killing me all week, sending me daily notice of my My Time dining reservations 😩😩😩

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just looked at my account and 7 points were just added for my cruise on Anthem March 15 that was cancelled.

It’s one of two things;

A very nice gesture by Royal Caribbean or the intern that was responsible for the $18 a day drink package is now running IT for C&A.

For now I’ll go with the nice gesture until they take them away.

I hope you had a great cruise.  😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Especially now that RCI is now likely or soon will be aware that cruise points has been credited for a cancelled cruise. We didn't get these for our cancelled Oasis TA cruise last Spring.

I wouldn't have posted this on this board.  😉

If I didn’t post someone would have or it would show up on FB.  It’s not like they weren’t going to find out.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I return from my non-Anthem Cruise tomorrow. I’ll let you know if/when my points appear 😜😜

BTW, Royal’s app has been killing me all week, sending me daily notice of my My Time dining reservations 😩😩😩

mac_tlc

Mine were right on schedule...6 days post cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was also scheduled on the 3/15 Anthem cruise.  I did not cancel the cruise (they did), and I just looked at my C&A account and +14 points were added.  It would be a nice gesture on Royals part, but I hope this isn't a mess up with their computer system.  Meaning, you got the points, so you took the cruise, so no FCC for you.  Time will tell.  Still haven't seen a refund on that $18 a day drink package I purchased online.    

• Like 1

Certainly would be nice to think that they will award points to cancelled cruises for people who waited until RCCL had no other choice but to cancel on them.  I was supposed to made Diamond on the 2nd night of my cruise on April 16th 😞

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What's interesting about this to me...what if Covid-19 never happened and you were just a no show.  Would you still receive points anyway?  Maybe you get the points as long as you paid, whether you show or not??

You do not get the points if you are a no show

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

First March break in 14 years that we’ve been at home.  I gained more weight than I do on a cruise.😮

I was wondering if RCCL would be gracious enough to grant points for cruises they cancelled on us.  Guess this answers my question (for now).  I could not make any use of their 125% FCC offer (I would have actually got back less than I paid for my previous cruise due to how they split up the FCC among guests and how often we cruise).  I was hoping they would at least give us credit for "taking" the cruise when it was them who cancelled on us.  Fingers crossed they do not claw back the points.

First March break in 10 years for us we were stuck at home.  As for weight, I am the opposite of you.  I usually gain a pound per day on the cruise, but I have actually lost 15 pounds in the past 15 days (not eating as much since I am busy doing home renovations and skip lunch each day).

• Like 1

Was hoping to get first crystal block on 4/19 Harmony cruise.  Plus $18 drink package at slightly over soda price.  Would MUCH rather go than sit waiting for refunds of planner purchases.  Still haven't gotten to Coco Cay.