Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So it looks like masks are not required at all times in the UK. I think outside is fine if social distancing is practiced. 

M8

Masks Not required outdoors.

We have always followed all the guidelines and use viral gels and wipes all the time when we are outside our house.

I caught Covid19 at the eye infirmary when they were doing close up investigation of my eyes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I caught Covid19 at the eye infirmary when they were doing close up investigation of my eyes.

I'm doing annual eye check-up, since my late mother had AMD. This year I've decided to skip it, since it involves such a "close encounter" with another person....

Sorry it happened to you, Graham. Glad that you survived "unscatted".

It seems that I've reached the right decision to give the check up a miss....

• Like 1

My eye doctor stopped all exams for a couple of months over the summer.  I needed to get my annual exam done so that I could get more contact lenses.  He usually will not extend an eye prescription without an exam.  This time, he ordered 6 months worth of lenses over the phone with no exam at all.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Masks Not required outdoors.

We have always followed all the guidelines and use viral gels and wipes all the time when we are outside our house.

There was some discussion on the 90% thread about your exposure and the procedures used by the eye clinic to prevent the spread of COVID19. No need to respond here as we don’t want to turn this thread into a COVID19 discussion. 

M8

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

When we were looking after Pauline's late mam who had Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia Pauline bought several pairs of pyjamas and dressing gowns for her mam from Primark.

Her mam died October 2018 aged 96.

Graham.

Yes, primark does have nice pjs gowns and robes at great prices too.  That's great she lived to be 96 hopefully she didnt have the medical challenges til late in life.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There was some discussion on the 90% thread about your exposure and the procedures used by the eye clinic to prevent the spread of COVID19. No need to respond here as we don’t want to turn this thread into a COVID19 discussion. 

M8

My Dh has been to his eye doc twice since covid began and both times they tape his mask to his face to make sure no gaps since they are close up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We went to the Big Talbot State Park yesterday to check out the Boneyard Beach.  The beach is filled with large trees that were eroded from a small bluff and now lay on the beach as drift wood.  Very cool place.

Those photos are amazing. Very cool place. 

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We went to the Big Talbot State Park yesterday to check out the Boneyard Beach.  The beach is filled with large trees that were eroded from a small bluff and now lay on the beach as drift wood.  Very cool place.

Beautiful!  Looks a lot like parts of St. George Island on the bay side.  🙂  Hurricane Michael added to a lot of those "bones" on the beach as well.  

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just found out my 103! Year old Aunt died.  She was the last of my father’s eight siblings.  She always used to carry on about dying young, yet she outlived all her siblings. Life is amazing

Sorry to read this, but yet I amazed to read about her age. Life truly is amazing. 

Someone a while back asked about the wood fire place mantle we had in storage at the farm. I’m finally getting around to posting some photos of a fireplace covering that was also came from our head office when it was used as a house.

It is a Century Home we purchased in the early 80s after it had been a victim of arson.  We gutted it and turned it into an office, while holding onto some items. 

I blew off the dust but it does give you the idea of what it looks like. It’s cast and fairly detailed but not very large. 

5AC32FA1-281C-43A6-ABAD-C2136B5D94CE.thumb.jpeg.5ae0b72668758b2e6f06e2bf6ab17186.jpeg

898C1747-C3C4-4AB0-AD20-51ECF3551A5E.thumb.jpeg.51274112ed5cdf3ef0af51f61e95b1ff.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm doing annual eye check-up, since my late mother had AMD. This year I've decided to skip it, since it involves such a "close encounter" with another person....

Sorry it happened to you, Graham. Glad that you survived "unscatted".

It seems that I've reached the right decision to give the check up a miss....

Thanks Dani,good decision for you to give your eye check a miss.

I had to go back to have a pre op assessment on Monday but used viral gel after everything I touched.

I showed the nurse my positive covid19 test results and she said I wouldn't need another test for 3 month's.

My anti platelet medication finishes on December 20th which is 1 year after my stent was fitted so expect my vitrectomy to take place end December early January.

Graham.

• Like 1

Sorry for your lose but 103 is pretty amazing.  My GG (great grandmother) lived to be a 103.  I was around 12 when she passed and didnt understand how old 103 was till I got older.  I'm sure she had an amazing happy life with lots of love to be able to live to a 103!!!  God bless her

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just found out my 103! Year old Aunt died.  She was the last of my father’s eight siblings.  She always used to carry on about dying young, yet she outlived all her siblings. Life is amazing

Sorry to hear about your aunt Marietta.103 was amazing.

Graham.

My Dh, Eric, just got off the phone with his Brother who has been in hospital with covid for almost 2 months.  He is doing much better and has been moved to physical therapy/rehab wing for covid patients.  They are doing rigorous workouts to rebuild his strength as well as breathing exercises.  They told him if he continues with regimen he should be able to walk out the front door and be home by Christmas!!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have a 105 year old great aunt in NYC.

She'll probably outlive me

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

Rory.

You asked about Mask wearing outside and have often said you look after yourself.

I had an expensive medical grade mask on at the eye hospital and followed all the guidelines.

The hospital staff were wearing disposable masks and no visors and this caused me to catch covid19 and as I had a heart attack less than 1 year ago as well as controlled HBP this could have been deadly for me.

I was lucky I didn't need to go to hospital but was still very poorly.

Graham.

• Like 3