"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is horrible.  Some people just dont know what to do and think they should not get involved.  So wrong!!

Reminds me of a story.  Several years ago I was forced to go to a coworkers birthday dinner.  I had felt sick all day but agreed to go for at least a drink.  I had a cocktail and nibbled on some appetizers but didnt feel well so I said I had to leave.  As I walking out the door I fainted/passed out and was laying in foyer area of restaurant.  I was told people coming in walked right over me and were told by hostess I had too much to drink.  My friends rushed to me and told the hostess I was sick not drunk and to call 911.  

I got to hospital and had a fever of 104.5 and was severely dehydrated.  Had some sort of virus.

After I felt better I went back and blasted the hostess and her boss for their behavior and lack of concern.   Never went there again.  No one at my office did either.  

I was happy to hear they went out of business 2 years later.

I am very happy that you are here to relate that story.

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Lenny - I take 10 mg of Norvasc every morning for high BP.  When I first started taking it, I would occasionally get dizzy when standing up too quickly...especially at night when getting out of bed.  That has mostly leveled out now but I still sit on the side of the bed for a few seconds before standing up just to be careful.  The good news is that Norvasc works well for me as my BP is now normal (122/72 last checked) and I don't have any other side effects.  With less stress after retirement, focusing on eating less sodium, and slowly working my weight down, I'm hoping to work my way off any BP meds.

Thanks for writing this.I am on 2.5 mg .I took it this morning .It lowered my BP from 202/86 to 149/73 two hours later.When I took my BP in the afternoon it was back up to 182/82 .Two hours ago it was 154/83.

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Wishing good health thoughts to you.  Hoping good results with your cardiologist.  

Thank you.I have a visit scheduled for my Neurologist on Tuesday but it is expected to snow here.

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The hospital gave him a medicine that Columbia(transplant doctors) said he cannot take.  They switched his medicines to different doses and times.  I know he takes coward, metoprolol and amlodipinc bcsylate.

Thanks very much.

One of my neighbors is taking the first dose of the vaccine Sunday in a school in Staten Island.

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never called him because my BP spiked up to over 200 again and I started a BP medication.I will call him tomorrow.

Take care, be careful.  I'm sure your doc will get it regulated.  Sometimes it takes a couple days to get full effect if new meds.  Please Keep us posted.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

They look lovely.  My dining room chairs need re-caning and they wanted a fortune to do them.  I am on the prowl for chair covers.

I remember the days when people had plastic seat covers on all their chairs.

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We just celebrated our 40th anniversary earlier this month.

I am just saying make sure you are 100% before you do things.  Don’t just go.  I know it is hard.

Belated congratulations to you.

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife is a retired RN,she takes good care of me.Tomorrow is our 54th.wedding anniversary.

Congratulations not many make it that far anymore

37 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am just saying make sure you are 100% before you do things.  Don’t just go.  I know it is hard.

Congratulations to you too, Mrs Gut and I het 40 in August,the woman deserves a medal

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Inside 1 of our 2 conservatories.

IMG-20200517-WA0006.jpg

Love the burgundy and gold colors. I’m guessing it takes a lot more to heat in the winter? I have always liked a lot of glass to make a room bright and cheery.

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My blood pressure went through the roof shortly after my hip replacement.  I always had low blood pressure so was quite a surprise.  They put me on metoprolol and now it seems too low but I have to check with the Doctor.  My therapist said between the PTSD from my mom’s death and the operation it was too much stress.

So sorry to hear about your mom and your PTSD. Was she also another covid death? There have been so many especially in New York and here in Florida. 😥

Edited by ReneeFLL
1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks for writing this.I am on 2.5 mg .I took it this morning .It lowered my BP from 202/86 to 149/73 two hours later.When I took my BP in the afternoon it was back up to 182/82 .Two hours ago it was 154/83.

Hope they get it under control soon. That has to be scary.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife is a retired RN,she takes good care of me.Tomorrow is our 54th.wedding anniversary.

Congratulations 

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Happy Belated Congratulations. 🥂

31 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Congratulations to you too, Mrs Gut and I het 40 in August,the woman deserves a medal

Happy Early Congratulations. 🥂

On 1/20/2021 at 10:34 PM, GUT2407 said:

Not much fun is it, my most embarrassing was off the toilet in the shopping centre, the disabled toilet doubles as a baby change room and the door must automatically unlock after a period of time, this poor lady and her three kids walk in to find me naked from the waist down, crying my eyes out, barely able to speak (yep I had sneezed) she and security, rng an ambulance and refused to leave, even though I am pretty sure her youngest soiled their diaper, until the ambulance was there, and even then remained in the vicinity till Mrs Gut arrived, unfortunately I was in no fit state to get her details to properly thank her.

Sorry to hear of this terrible experience for you. Glad the people stayed until your wife got there.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:51 PM, A&L_Ont said:

I agree. Many of us have gone through some tough times over these months.

Late last week my cousin, in Alberta, had a growth in his brain removed.  It tripled in size since it was discovered in late December. The surgery went well and they got most of it. That being said even with continued therapy he has been given 2 years.  

He isn’t barely 40 with two kids and a wife. He came out of the surgery still able to speak and has mobility.  Having lost my dad to melanoma cancer, specifically an inoperable brain tumour, I fully understand what lies ahead of them.

It is gut wrenching, and we all know that feeling. 

That has to be horribly scary for him and y’all. Sorry your family is affected by this.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy 54th wedding anniversary to you both Lenny.

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Love the burgundy and gold colors. I’m guessing it takes a lot more to heat in the winter? I have always liked a lot of glass to make a room bright and cheery.

So sorry to hear about your mom and your PTSD. Was she also another covid death? There have been so many especially in New York and here in Florida. 😥

Thanks.

We don't use it much in winter but it soon warms up when we put the heater on.