Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 3/23/2021 at 1:28 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Was anyone else into Dallas? J. R. Was the ultimate villain.

I lived in Dallas at the time and we were hooked on it. I have a picture of me somewhere of me in front of the Southfork Ranch.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:33 PM, davekathy said:

I liked J R a lot better than Major Anthony Nelson. 

Same here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well, I must be in a positive thinking mode the last couple of weeks.  Over that time I have booked 13 cruises, trying to build up the bookings again after so many cancellations  😮 

Four of them due to invite from Cruise Wizard Gary, and this last two today,..... due to my sister wanting 65th birthday celebration with big sister along.  And of course, replenishing our lost bucket list to Australia again.  

Guess I figure if I start tossing enough against the wall again....something might stick again!  😉 

I certainly hope you get to go on all those cruises Pat.

I have booked 4 new cruises this last week.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 7:02 PM, George C said:

For old British tv I grew up watching the great Diana Riggs play Emma Peel on the avengers. I personally am addicted to old 50’s and 60’s westerns like Gunsmoke and Have gun will travel among others.

Ace likes those shows also. Maybe that’s all he watches?

On 3/23/2021 at 7:39 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Have you watched Yellowstone?

When was it on, I don’t remember it.

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well, I must be in a positive thinking mode the last couple of weeks.  Over that time I have booked 13 cruises, trying to build up the bookings again after so many cancellations  😮 

Four of them due to invite from Cruise Wizard Gary, and this last two today,..... due to my sister wanting 65th birthday celebration with big sister along.  And of course, replenishing our lost bucket list to Australia again.  

Guess I figure if I start tossing enough against the wall again....something might stick again!  😉 

Not a damn thing wrong with having your glass full and wearing rose colored glasses. 🍷😍 2021 is wiped out for us but looking forward to 2022. Cruising will happen and when it does, keep your legs and arms in at all times and enjoy the ride. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I certainly hope you get to go on all those cruises Pat.

I have booked 4 new cruises this last week.

Me too for both of us!  I think we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...or so I hope so.  Hope springs eternal I guess.  😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Ace likes those shows also. Maybe that’s all he watches?

When was it on, I don’t remember it.

I used to read lots of Western Books.

I have watched most of the Western films including

Shane,Fistful of Dollars,Outlaw Josy Wales,Alias Smith and Jones etc as well as most Western series Bonanza,High Chaparral,Gunsmoke etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not a damn thing wrong with having your glass full and wearing rose colored glasses. 🍷😍 2021 is wiped out for us but looking forward to 2022. Cruising will happen and when it does, keep your legs and arms in at all times and enjoy the ride. 

Yup...total agreement here.  Sooo ready for that ride!   

Agree 2021 is toast....though I am still holding out that glass of full wine of hope for my Harmony cruise first two weeks in December.  🍷 

Maybe...just maybe it's close enough to 2022 by then to count.  😉 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have six booked, one on courtesy hold while I wait for an FCC from Royal and I'll book at least two more once Navigator out LA is released next week.  I'm ready to get on a ship.  Almost every aspect of my life is back to normal pre-pandemic ways.  With the exception that it harder to get a seat at a restaurant during peak times and wearing masks when going into retail establishments.  I should be vaccinated sometime next month and am chomping to get going.  The only reason I'm not booking Adventure this summer is I'm so busy with work I can't see a way to squeeze a whole week out of my schedule until December when I'm scheduled to be on Liberty.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

DS took this pic on his way to the "Seder" at our home (Passover Dinner)

People traveling with their share of pots and pans for the family dinner....

Cars.png

Not being completely familiar with the Jewish traditions I'm sorry if this question is dumb but I thought you weren't supposed to drive during Passover or on the Sabbath.  Or is that just for the ultra-orthodox folk?

Just now, Tree_skier said:

I have six booked, one on courtesy hold while I wait for an FCC from Royal and I'll book at least two more once Navigator out LA is released next week.  I'm ready to get on a ship.  Almost every aspect of my life is back to normal pre-pandemic ways.  With the exception that it harder to get a seat at a restaurant during peak times and wearing masks when going into retail establishments.  I should be vaccinated sometime next month and am chomping to get going.  The only reason I'm not booking Adventure this summer is I'm so busy with work I can't see a way to squeeze a whole week out of my schedule until December when I'm scheduled to be on Liberty.

I am up to 23 booked now, but still not where I was before the shut down...though I am enjoying some degree of hope again.  😊

Have a lot of "land lubber" trips booked until my possible next cruise on Harmony in December.  Now that it has been six weeks since we have received our second vaccine shots, we are daring to climb out of our hermit hole a bit now.  

We still wear masks in public, to make others feel more comfortable.  Kind of become habit now anyway.  😉 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, island lady said:

☺️  Can't take it with us.  No intention of leaving inheritance money on the table after we pass on either.  😄 

I told my daughter that she'll be lucky if we leave enough money to bury us.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haven’t posted for a few days. Last Sunday we put out the front porch furniture. 

Didn’t take Lucy long to find it. In fact Friday she slept in it from 9am to 3:30pm. 

869DB30C-00A9-43F0-8CF7-3336B300C4E8.thumb.jpeg.3ee9bcad1e975dab60a80ff2835cfa15.jpeg

A couple days later. 

F695E438-5124-4DD1-BC63-A0672B976285.thumb.jpeg.357fe3db2f940951d2f498bd5cc331db.jpeg

• Like 12

Dani, I love your fish and balls photos! They are two of my fave Passover foods. That and matzoh with sweet butter. What are those white discs around the fish? Horseradish??  Loved the pot (as in pan) in the car photo.

Hope you are having, now, even as I type, a wonderful sedar!

Farmers have started to scratch the land. We in fact have 50 acres of spring grain and hay planted and rolled already. It is early for this part of the world. 

This photo reminds me that the gravel needs to be swept off the lawn. 

A39B7FCF-702B-4205-B988-ECAC117326FA.thumb.jpeg.261ce10095e0edd868a83f9b1df3db5c.jpeg

• Like 4

I spent Thursday afternoon cleaning up the road side ditches of branches and garbage. One positive of the pandemic, very little garbage and empty beer cans to pick up. Just one bag of garbage for a few miles of ditches.  Normally it is multiple bags and recyclables.  

I poked this guy with a stick along the way, and asked him if he was OK?  No answer back.   

A1071391-17BB-4B0F-BC86-040BA1613638.thumb.jpeg.f83bd18459502e6a8f35b645a8daa815.jpeg

It was dusty on the land. 

• Like 5

On 3/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, singinalot said:

just got word my financing officially cleared and our offer for the house in FL was accepted 😭😭😭

oh and they already have a renter for us

things could still go wrong but one step closer! it has not stopped snowing here all month. over it.

Hope things continue to go smoothly for you.

On 3/24/2021 at 7:56 PM, reallyitsmema said:

I am sure that @A&L_Ont is celebrating this today. 🤪

I was thinking the same thing. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Not being completely familiar with the Jewish traditions I'm sorry if this question is dumb but I thought you weren't supposed to drive during Passover or on the Sabbath.  Or is that just for the ultra-orthodox folk?

No dumb, because even for "us" it is complicated....

To put it simply -- there are those who travel on Sabbath/Passover, and those who don't....

You don't have to be ultra-orthodox to keep Sabbath -- it's a matter of choice.

Actually, not so much, since there is no public transportation from Friday afternoon [when Sabbath starts] until Saturday afternoon [when Sabbath ends]. Exceptions -- mixed cities (where there is also a vast non-Jewish population).

So even if someone would like to travel to see family/friends/tour and he doesn't own a car -- he "keeps Sabbath...".

Roughly, 70% of the population travels on Sabbath.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I spent Thursday afternoon cleaning up the road side ditches of branches and garbage. One positive of the pandemic, very little garbage and empty beer cans to pick up. Just one bag of garbage for a few miles of ditches.  Normally it is multiple bags and recyclables.  

I poked this guy with a stick along the way, and asked him if he was OK?  No answer back.   

A1071391-17BB-4B0F-BC86-040BA1613638.thumb.jpeg.f83bd18459502e6a8f35b645a8daa815.jpeg

It was dusty on the land. 

Is that a nice sandy beach?

53 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What are those white discs around the fish?

Thanks, Bonnie. Hag Sameah 🌺

Those are thin slices of potatoes and halves of boiled eggs.

And, just for you,  the chopped liver with horseradish. All the dishes, apart from the matzo "balls" were made by DH.

Not much of a "seder" -- just DS and us...

The married son is with his wife's very extended family. We'll be traveling tomorrow to see them with our pots and pans...

Before

20210327_195313.jpg

and after

20210327_195624.thumb.jpg.55c4ecc90f0a2511b26cff2a95c201e8.jpg 

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2