Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Indeed the huge figs on our very healthy fig tree were wonderful!  As long as you could get to them before the bugs did!  😮  Once that little hole on the bottom opens up as it ripened...the bugs would crawl into it.  🤢

I am hoping my very large fig tree is ok, the deep freeze destroyed some of my plants , I have some green on it now , it was over 6ft high and wide. 

• Like 2

We had a couple yards left over from last years 20 cubic yard delivery. This past weekend we hit the highly visual spots around the pool just to spruce it up. We still have a little left over but not much. Thankfully we have the equipment here to do the hardest part of the work, the loading and moving. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Uggh...sad.  Luckily no water got inside my sister's home (she lives walking distance from the beach in Vero Beach), but it sure made a mess of her yard and pool.  Tore off the screen enclosure over her pool, as well as many tiles off her roof.  

The house is raised about 5 or 6 feet and we have water marks between 3 and 4 feet high in various rooms.      It was a total gut but is beautiful once again.      A lot of businesses in the area kept markers at the doors or places inside to show how high the water mark was in the shop or restaurant.     Our house is 8 houses from the oceanside beach and 7 houses from the bay and the water was the surge from the bay as the winds churned it up.    We are at one of the skinniest parts of the islands. 

We had winter tenants that leave this weekend and I cannot wait till they are gone as I want to get back done to my happy place.   

I miss my outdoor shower.    

We are good friends with the neighbors and they say the winter renters have been taking very good care of the home.    So hopefully will be all nice when we get there and just have to do the usual clean up and shampoo of bedrooms that have carpeting.   

We are going to stay for the month of June and work remotely from there and then the house is rented for the rest of the season.      

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, George C said:

I am hoping my very large fig tree is ok, the deep freeze destroyed some of my plants , I have some green on it now , it was over 6ft high and wide. 

It should be OK...ours took a hard hit that killed our beautiful coconut trees one year, but the Fig tree survived.  🙂 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The house is raised about 5 or 6 feet and we have water marks between 3 and 4 feet high in various rooms.      It was a total gut but is beautiful once again.      A lot of businesses in the area kept markers at the doors or places inside to show how high the water mark was in the shop or restaurant.     Our house is 8 houses from the oceanside beach and 7 houses from the bay and the water was the surge from the bay as the winds churned it up.    We are at one of the skinniest parts of the islands. 

We had winter tenants that leave this weekend and I cannot wait till they are gone as I want to get back done to my happy place.   

We are good friends with the neighbors and they say the winter renters have been taking very good care of the home.    So hopefully will be all nice when we get there and just have to do the usual clean up and shampoo of bedrooms that have carpeting.   

We are going to stay for the month of June and work remotely from there and then the house is rented for the rest of the season.      

Oh how sad, and gut wrenching that must have been.  Sorry you had to go through all that, and happy it is back to it's beautiful state again.  🙂 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline was poorly on Sunday so we missed Sunday service so went to this morning's service instead.

Hope Pauline is feeling better now.  Sorry to hear she was feeling poorly.  😞 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, George C said:

Our fig trees in Atlanta were major wasp magnets

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I often regret having snowbird renters, but we can at least head over and stay with neighbors 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Did your fig trees produce fruit that was edible?

Mine produced lots of figs, gave many to neighbors. My friend had several and made deserts for his restaurant. Birds do get there share of the figs.

Edited by George C

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

BTW did your Son close on his new home?    Did the suggestions I offered work with his lender?

It all worked out. I did pass your info along. I think he just got overwhelmed. 

Laura saw the place Mother's Day. I hope to go end of June. We bought them their bedroom furniture, and I hear we're on the hook for half of the nursery

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It was sometime in april we had something like 7 to 10 yards delivered.  Every spring we do this, then in fall I get a couple bags and lowes to spruce up front beds before winter.  I always sprinkle Preen for some areas before I lay mulch down.  Ugghh.  Back breaking but well worth it when all done.  

I just noticed in the Lowe's flyer last week that they sell mulch with preen in it.  We are in the same boat as you, we got at least 7 yards.  I expect that to go up 2 more next year once we finish the side of the house where we put on the addition.  We break it up over a few weekends because I can only take so much of kneeling in the mulch spreading it around all the perennials. 

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hope Pauline is feeling better now.  Sorry to hear she was feeling poorly.  😞 

Thanks Pat.

We had some panini's at a garden shop at 3pm on Saturday and Pauline thinks the cheese in her tuna panini upset her stomach as she was sick a few times later on Saturday night.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

We had some panini's at a garden shop at 3pm on Saturday and Pauline thinks the cheese in her tuna panini upset her stomach as she was sick a few times later on Saturday night.

Ughh...poor Pauline.  😞   Upset tummies are no fun.  Happy to hear she is doing better!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It all worked out. I did pass your info along. I think he just got overwhelmed. 

Laura saw the place Mother's Day. I hope to go end of June. We bought them their bedroom furniture, and I hear we're on the hook for half of the nursery

Nice!    

yes, it can be an overwhelming process for first time homebuyers but like I said a good loan officer that knows how to prepare the buyers/borrowers makes it so much easier.    

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I just noticed in the Lowe's flyer last week that they sell mulch with preen in it.  We are in the same boat as you, we got at least 7 yards.  I expect that to go up 2 more next year once we finish the side of the house where we put on the addition.  We break it up over a few weekends because I can only take so much of kneeling in the mulch spreading it around all the perennials. 

Yes  have bought that preen mulch before.    Its more expensive but when lowes has it on sale I usually grab a couple of bags and stock them up behind the shed for later in the year.

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad the "poorly" was short-termed and she's back being "Pauline" 🥰

Thanks Dani.

She thought it was a tuna only panini and thought it strange there was cheese in it when she started eating it but said it tasted okay.

• Like 1