Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We are back from our 2 weeks in FL.  Posting this brief trip report here since these were our “routine” last 15 days.

it felt wonderful to be on a vacation. I think I mentioned mask wearing was a mixed bag. Felt strange at first but we quickly adjusted. Even places with signs saying masks required were not enforcing.  
Someone here suggested Lorelei’s in Islamorada for dinner.  It was great & beautiful sunset. (Pic 1)

Spent 2 nights in Bonita Springs & decided when we do start spending a couple of months in FL in the winter, this is where we’d like to be.  Went to Coconut Jack’s for dinner; they offered us a “waterfront” table 😱. We held out for one a little further back (zoom in on pic 2)

Also a beautiful sunset from Bonita Beach (pic 3)
We had a few hiccups but were able to adjust on the fly. Our hotel in Sarasota (4 nights booked) turned out to be very run down; surprising for Hyatt Regency, we’ve always had great luck with them.  Only stayed 1 night. Tried to get a Disney Resort for the remaining nights using our DVC points but no luck. Was able to snag the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in LBV for the nights we needed & it was great. We did not go to parks, just dinner @ Disney Springs.  
Our last stop, Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast, I had booked an ocean front room.  They could not get A/C to work in the room so we were moved to a large 1 bedroom suite in main building. Still a beautiful view, just a little further back from the beach.  (Pics 4 & 5)

We also realized what we love about cruising. You settle into your cabin and then everything is pretty much at your fingertips.  Want a snack, pizza, ice cream, drink, coffee, heat music, see a show, etc - you just walk to it.  No changing hotels/rooms, driving to restaurants, looking up directions on your gps or phone.  Plus you are transported from one place to another - while you sleep!

Grateful we were able to make this trip but happy to be home.

AD34182B-1494-4122-A2EA-6CFB2F1CB2EF.jpeg

F2672647-691C-41EE-9B94-FB47BA5E4E0B.jpeg

0AAF5DEF-BFD5-41D3-8ED0-049887F0DE03.jpeg

2D12DA7D-E7ED-4508-A73A-BF6F60174096.jpeg

D2551B72-486F-43C2-9F73-C5449B0B64A1.jpeg

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was kind of skipping all over but now I have gone back to the very beginning and have watched everything to Season 3 where they are now in Thailand. Wow I have to visit some of those islands. Just incredible. The episodes of sailing across the pacific were really cool. I don't know if I could of done that. Great stuff. I highly recommend the series even if your not interested in the sailing part, the scenery and the locations are incredible. Jotted down some of the info on some of the resorts they stayed at. One place was 3 bedroom villa with infinity pool for like $50/night. 

I marathon watched the first 3 or 4 seasons of Doodles. Thailand has some amazing scenery.  If I remember one of the frequent posters here on this thread a year ago (was it Mek?) was trying to get home from there.

I watch another YouTuber viewer that spends a lot of time in the Pacific Rim travelling. His main focus is auto sports but he covers beaches, meals and tourist spots and has spent a lot of time in Thailand.

In this episode he rides on a 500HP longtail boat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Don’t know why that one picture is upside down & don’t know how to fix it 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you go in and edit it, you could delete the one photo you could try to upload it again and save the post.  Hopefully it will save the correct way. Others have said that they have had issues with this as of late here on CC.  Or just say you had a bit of drink and thought it would be fun to post an upside down photo. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I was kind of skipping all over but now I have gone back to the very beginning and have watched everything to Season 3 where they are now in Thailand. Wow I have to visit some of those islands. Just incredible. The episodes of sailing across the pacific were really cool. I don't know if I could of done that. Great stuff. I highly recommend the series even if your not interested in the sailing part, the scenery and the locations are incredible. Jotted down some of the info on some of the resorts they stayed at. One place was 3 bedroom villa with infinity pool for like $50/night. 

Sounds like we have something new to watch.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are back from our 2 weeks in FL.  Posting this brief trip report here since these were our “routine” last 15 days.

it felt wonderful to be on a vacation. I think I mentioned mask wearing was a mixed bag. Felt strange at first but we quickly adjusted. Even places with signs saying masks required were not enforcing.  
Someone here suggested Lorelei’s in Islamorada for dinner.  It was great & beautiful sunset. (Pic 1)

Spent 2 nights in Bonita Springs & decided when we do start spending a couple of months in FL in the winter, this is where we’d like to be.  Went to Coconut Jack’s for dinner; they offered us a “waterfront” table 😱. We held out for one a little further back (zoom in on pic 2)

We had a few hiccups but were able to adjust on the fly. Our hotel in Sarasota (4 nights booked) turned out to be very run down; surprising for Hyatt Regency, we’ve always had great luck with them.  Only stayed 1 night. Tried to get a Disney Resort for the remaining nights using our DVC points but no luck. Was able to snag the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in LBV for the nights we needed & it was great. We did not go to parks, just dinner @ Disney Springs.  
Our last stop, Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast, I had booked an ocean front room.  They could not get A/C to work in the room so we were moved to a large 1 bedroom suite in main building. Still a beautiful view, just a little further back from the beach.  (Pics 4 & 5)

We also realized what we love about cruising. You settle into your cabin and then everything is pretty much at your fingertips.  Want a snack, pizza, ice cream, drink, coffee, heat music, see a show, etc - you just walk to it.  No changing hotels/rooms, driving to restaurants, looking up directions on your gps or phone.  Plus you are transported from one place to another - while you sleep!

Welcome Home!  Looks like you had beautiful weather too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you go in and edit it, you could delete the one photo you could try to upload it again and save the post.  Hopefully it will save the correct way. Others have said that they have had issues with this as of late here on CC.  Or just say you had a bit of drink and thought it would be fun to post an upside down photo. 

Thanks, I tried but no luck. I’ll go with the drink excuse since that’s most likely anyway 😂

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It looks like RCI announced loosening of restrictions?  I may have to book something for the Jan/Feb timeframe. Us northerners need our winter getaway.

Better hurry.  We already had Oasis for Jan 2, and added the 9th two days ago to make it a B2B.  Both of those dates have now disappeared, and there are only two January dates left for Oasis sailings.  

I think everyone is ready to get out there again. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Speaking of neighbors 😁

Saturday morning I've texted my next-door neighbor: "Got a nice chunk of cheese cake to share... any 'buyers' "??

She texted right back: "sure". I went in, told her to cut out as much as she wants, and left. Later she texted that the cake was very very tasty. Yayy !!

Yesterday evening, double knock on the door [the neighbors for sure, but I'm still checking through the 'hole' in the door....]. There was the hubby with a big cleaned fish, saying: "got some fish from my brother*, pls. take one". [brother lives in a kibbutz, which has a huge fish farm].

Double yayy !!

Before

20210526_123457.jpg

and after

20210526_131348.jpg

Back from Bella's thread to check on your fish.  Wonderful visual.  Love the garnish and it looks scrumptious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Fantastic photos.

You looked like you were having an amazing time.

Really pleased for you both.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks like a fun trip.  What did you think of Hammock Beach?  I went there on a guys golf trip a few years ago and thought it could be a good couples vacation place. Those are 2 very different types of trips though.  There wasn't much around the resort at the time and you needed to go back across the Intercoastal waterway to get to restaurants (if you didn't want to eat at the resort).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Better hurry.  We already had Oasis for Jan 2, and added the 9th two days ago to make it a B2B.  Both of those dates have now disappeared, and there are only two January dates left for Oasis sailings.  

I think everyone is ready to get out there again. 

Have suitcase will cruise!

We have the Millenium in July out of SXM. Oasis in end of July (which is in ? status currently). Anthem in November and January. Princess in Feb. Waiting for Memorial day sales.

But I am not rushing to book the rest because of a sellout....plenty of cruiselines, lots of fish in the sea.😉. Wherever there is room, we will go.

• Like 3