Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

It is automatically moved over. Create an account on Celebrity's website.

How does it work, when I create an account does it ask for my C&A # or do I need to use the same email? Next I will have to figure out what ships I would enjoy most.  I do like the longer itineraries I am seeing.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is great news!  I am sure you will love it.  We were able to move up to a GS the last two cruises.  The only downside I see is we are getting spoiled.  
In October we found out a week before the cruise and Sharon said it all was refreshed by the next day showing our new tags.  The January cruise we upgraded on board.  
We put in bids for a GS for our May cruise but as of right now they are showing non availability.  You never know, maybe there will be some cancel.

It took about an hour for the new tags to show up. Now I need to cancel Voom. I keep thinking they’ll send a Planner email with Voom on it but no luck. Everything but Voom. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I love my Vitamix, it crushes ice beautifully.  Not sure which model I have but I also purchased the food processor that goes with along with it.  So one base, two appliances.  

I need to watch videos on it.  I saw that you can make soup in it.  Set it on high and blend for 10 minutes and it heats up.  I never heard of a blender that did that.  I noticed a "dry mixer" option that can blend grains and I think it said coffee.  I am thinking if this blender can make ice drinks easy, maybe I will drift away from the almost nightly milk shake.  If that happens I can recover from overeating on cruises quicker!  😂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It took about an hour for the new tags to show up. Now I need to cancel Voom. I keep thinking they’ll send a Planner email with Voom on it but no luck. Everything but Voom. 

You should be able to get on your account now and cancel the old voom.  When you board and get to your room there should be a paper showing your passwords and how to do it.  Am I remembering correct that you are getting on Anthem Sunday?

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I would have had a heart attack if I had stayed for the Saturday Baylor UNC game.

My Baylor Bears nearly pulled off a huge comeback, but it was not to be. I'm going to enjoy the last few days of being current National Champions and hope for better days next year.🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I need to take the time to call Celebrity and get my RC status moved over.  From what I understand they offer discounts for balconies/suite when you reach a certain level.

We always take advantage of the one free upgrade on the same category. Next cruise -- we paid the rate of C3 for a C2 SR. You have to mention it at the time of booking, not after.

What is Captain's Club and how do I join?

Captain's Club is Celebrity Cruises' recognition and rewards program. There are currently six tiers: Preview, Classic, Select, Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith. The more you sail, the more rewarding your experience becomes. To enroll click here.

If you are a Captain's Club member but not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, and plan on sailing with Royal Caribbean, or you are a Crown & Anchor member but not a Captain's Club member and plan on sailing with Celebrity Cruises®, please call the Captain’s Club at 1-844-418-6824 if within the U.S. to enroll in the equivalent tier.

I've done it online, since calling from Israel wasn't feasible.... just have your C&A number ready.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You should be able to get on your account now and cancel the old voom.  When you board and get to your room there should be a paper showing your passwords and how to do it.  Am I remembering correct that you are getting on Anthem Sunday?

Now, when you get onboard, get to your login screen, enter you name and stateroom number, and it knows what you are entitled to. If I bought it before, it knows, if not it knows what C&A discounts I have.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We always take advantage of the one free upgrade on the same category. Next cruise -- we paid the rate of C3 for a C2 SR. You have to mention it at the time of booking, not after

When you take advantage of this do you get to pick the room you want?

Refrigerator

I like the corner angle as you get a full wall cabinet.  Also frees up that corner cabinet space that is usually wasted space. 

However, be sure that enough space is between walls and door to fully open the door. My brother had to pull the refrigerator out from the wall by about three inches to get the door open.  When his Samsung failed, he solved that issue with a smaller basic refrigerator. 

I had a Samsung with double doors on top, a small drawer and a bottom freezer … with what turned out to be less interior space than a my old side by side … minus of course a coffee maker.  It, like my brother’s, had an electronic malfunction.

My new LG is side by side with a peekaboo door for easy access to inside door shelves which I love. There is an ice maker but not in the door. Three Samsungs and one GE that had electronic failures sent me back to a basic refrigerator.  My LG refrigerator would not fit as shown as it seems to stick out further from the wall … I know it is deeper although same width as the old Samsung. 

I did see an LG version at Best Buy with ice in the door and a second, exotic, round cube ice bucket. Think I’d have liked that one. 

I bought a condo where the kitchen is at the back of the living room. While there is natural light due to sliding doors in the living room, the kitchen always seems gloomy and lights are required basically any time of day. The cabinets are dark and original owner picked a granite top that is speckled. It shows every drop of water. Much preferred corian from my old house although the cats scratched the surface which isn’t an issue with the granite. 

I’ve enjoyed your deer photos and remodeling ideas. I also know exactly where you are located as my brother has a place 30 minutes south of you. 
Judy

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When you take advantage of this do you get to pick the room you want?

Of course. I'm picking the room the room I want. The "catch" is that I use an online agency based in Miami. It has a very user friendly site, where you can see all the available cabins. So I just send an email to my TA, telling her: "I want this cabin # (for example balcony E3), which is eligible to an upgrade". Therefore I'll pay the rate of an E4. Somehow, I've paid an C3 rate for a C2 cabin, even though [see below] it is "supposed" to be excluded in Edge class.... Go figure, and I'm not going to argue with X.

Hope I explained myself clearly....

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a super category upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages.

For sailings departing prior to April 12, 2023: Captain's Club one-category upgrade excludes categories: 12, FV, SV, C1 and Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. On Celebrity Edge categories 12, 9, 7, 6, IO, 1B, 1A, SV, ES, E1, C2, C1, A1 are also excluded.

For sailings departing on or after April 12, 2023: Captain's Club one-category upgrade excludes categories: IS, ES, SV, SC, PO, DO, DI, DV and Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W.

This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to Exciting Deals, Interline, travel agent or employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings.

The Captain's Club program terms are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Offers vary by tier, see benefit grid for full details. Captain Club benefits may not be available with other sales and promotions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I usually over research things.  I researched 360 cameras for about a year now, my next computer/laptop even longer. I started researching a new mixer just a couple days ago.  I made a peach smoothie in my Ninja mixer last week.  I mixed it pretty long but there were still tiny chunks of ice.  In less than one week of research, I just ordered a new mixer. I hope it works out.  If it does, maybe I can pull the trigger on a 360 camera.  Btw, it’s a Vitamix 5300. If you had a bad experience with one just let me find out in a few days.  I am hoping for a smooth smoothie.

Okay , so are you married and if you are how long did it take to find your spouse and propose / accept ? 

Edited by NHProud
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, happicruzer said:

Refrigerator

I like the corner angle as you get a full wall cabinet.  Also frees up that corner cabinet space that is usually wasted space. 

However, be sure that enough space is between walls and door to fully open the door. My brother had to pull the refrigerator out from the wall by about three inches to get the door open.  When his Samsung failed, he solved that issue with a smaller basic refrigerator. 

I had a Samsung with double doors on top, a small drawer and a bottom freezer … with what turned out to be less interior space than a my old side by side … minus of course a coffee maker.  It, like my brother’s, had an electronic malfunction.

My new LG is side by side with a peekaboo door for easy access to inside door shelves which I love. There is an ice maker but not in the door. Three Samsungs and one GE that had electronic failures sent me back to a basic refrigerator.  My LG refrigerator would not fit as shown as it seems to stick out further from the wall … I know it is deeper although same width as the old Samsung. 

I did see an LG version at Best Buy with ice in the door and a second, exotic, round cube ice bucket. Think I’d have liked that one. 

I bought a condo where the kitchen is at the back of the living room. While there is natural light due to sliding doors in the living room, the kitchen always seems gloomy and lights are required basically any time of day. The cabinets are dark and original owner picked a granite top that is speckled. It shows every drop of water. Much preferred corian from my old house although the cats scratched the surface which isn’t an issue with the granite. 

I’ve enjoyed your deer photos and remodeling ideas. I also know exactly where you are located as my brother has a place 30 minutes south of you. 
Judy

Guess your Brother lives on the other  south side of Wytheville. We love the area, it's very nice.

Yes getting the fridge is key as far as the doors go, it will be 36x36, not counter depth. I guess as long as they measured right and get it in the right place the doors shouldopen okay I hope !

Our countertop will be quartz so no water drop problems, maybe just dust problems because my wife is set on black with speckles.

Corian countertop are fine, my parents had that in their house, but not the wow factor my wife is looking for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Last nights concert with Todd Rundgren, Christofer Cross, Jason Scheff ( former Chicago lead singer) Joey Molland of Badfinger and Denny Lane from wings and moody blues , was one of the best concerts we ever attended and we go to lots of concerts.. almost all the songs were Beatles mostly rubber soul and revolver.

below is us with Todd Rundgren, Jason Scheff and Joey Mullond

image.jpeg.99239b826aff6b84c087d416573a4d55.jpeg
image.jpeg.cd86b8d81b422c51d0060096934737b5.jpeg

image.jpeg

I saw Denny Lane at a Hippiefest concert about 15 years ago.My wife was sitting directly behind Dee Snider of Twisted Sister.We had an interesting conversation with him about music before the concert began.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

My Baylor Bears nearly pulled off a huge comeback, but it was not to be. I'm going to enjoy the last few days of being current National Champions and hope for better days next year.🙂

This will hopefully be the year for Gonzaga.I was shocked that Auburn lost considering that they had two great players.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Internet is working great !  I have no idea why CC won't let me upload sunrise photo, let me upload our towel buddy

The newbie cruisers are doing awesome.  They slept in and we are all hanging out on sundeck now.   Perfect day,, wasn't expecting this warm on day 1.   Pool, sun deck, solarium all packed.   Love the vibe😃

Awesome!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So…Royal Up came through!

We went from a Jr Suite to a Grand Suite a few doors down from where we were. 

Even quicker to walk to Park Cafe for my beef on weck. 

This is our first suite since QM2, and I’m 

looking forward to a few benefits!

Congratulations Mimi and Dick on your Grand Suite, and all the benefits that come with it.  Have the best cruise ever!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Since I booked with a TA, I don’t know how I could cancel Voom online.  
If it was in the Cruise Planner email, I could do it there. 

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I love my Vitamix, it crushes ice beautifully.  Not sure which model I have but I also purchased the food processor that goes with along with it.  So one base, two appliances.  

I saw a food processor that go with some Vitamix blenders.  It looks really nice.  I am not seeing one that will work with my model.

We’re sailing on Harmony on Sunday. I could cancel after we board, but I’d rather get it out of the way. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw Denny Lane at a Hippiefest concert about 15 years ago.My wife was sitting directly behind Dee Snider of Twisted Sister.We had an interesting conversation with him about music before the concert began.

I had never heard of Denny Lane before this concert but he along with the rest of them sounded great , I guess he was the reason they did a couple of wings songs .

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Since I booked with a TA, I don’t know how I could cancel Voom online.  
If it was in the Cruise Planner email, I could do it there. 

Just go into your Cruise Planner in your Royal Caribbean account. Click on order history (upper right corner) and cancel it there. I don't think TA's are generally involved in Cruise Planner purchases. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We’re sailing on Harmony on Sunday. I could cancel after we board, but I’d rather get it out of the way. 

You should be able to cancel it.  Sign into your online RC acct.  Go to Plan My Cruise.  On the upper right hand side click on your initials.  Then click on Order History. Then click on Details. You should see your internet order. Click cancel.

• Like 1