Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Lenny I think it was just one with us, but I know you cruised more than once with our mutual friends from PA. They had mentioned it.

8 times with our mutual friends.It would have been 9 but I had to cancel a cruise.

More than once with you and RJ.On one our mutual friends introduced you .On the second you raffled off the surprise package that I won.I took pictures of you and RJ on that you and gave them to you on the next cruise.

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are back to possibly cancelling.  We are supposed to sail Monday, so can cancel under cruise with confidence up until midnight Seattle time on Friday. ☹️

I hope everyone is okay🙏

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, no... WHY?? I've thought your siblings are willing to help 😢

I took my Mom for a series of MRI scans yesterday and one of them shows a cyst on her spine.  They are doing that scan again tomorrow but with contrast this time.  She has an urgent referral to neurosurgery.  If she finds out she is having surgery next week, I am not sure I want to be so far away just in case there is an issue.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I took my Mom for a series of MRI scans yesterday and one of them shows a cyst on her spine.  They are doing that scan again tomorrow but with contrast this time.  She has an urgent referral to neurosurgery.  If she finds out she is having surgery next week, I am not sure I want to be so far away just in case there is an issue.

Sending prayers for your Mom.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Welcome @Mrs.H..

I have posted on a Floataway lounge thread for 3 years and the posters have never met but we are all good friends.

Dani's thread is friendly and you will be welcomed warmly.

I'm Graham and my wife is Pauline.

Lenny is well liked on here.

Graham.

IMG_20220416_114952.jpg

I met many people who post on CC on cruises and we have become good friends.I also have a very good friend who posts on CC who is also my neighbor.He and his wife only cruise on Princess and he posts on the Princess threads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

Ok, where's all the Brooklyn people? 

I was reading some posts while I was on a zoom meeting earlier this morning.

I was born and raised by the Verrazzano Bridge.   We were so close, there was a time they knocked on my father's door and said we had to move since the highway was going to go thru our house. (eminent domain)  Dad started looking for a new house, but they moved the highway over by a block, so we never got to move.  We were able to see the bridge from our kitchen and bathroom windows.

Love to hear from others on where they hung out in Bay Ridge.

I see Len mentioned Crazy Country Club with the warm beer and louse food.  lol

George C grew up in Bushwick,not close but still Brooklyn.I ,as you know lived in Canarsie .

My friend Danny was a waiter in the Crazy Country Club .I hung out at Peggy O’Neills .My wife and I met in Staten Island as you know ,we had our first date in Bensonhurst .She grew up in Coney Island and went to Lincoln.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Absolutely Gorgeous Cat!    Looks very sweet too.  I see a scar on her nose and makes me sad to think he/she lives on the street. 

Growing up I only knew one other Debbie and now I know several🤩

I have a friend named Debbie who I have known since the first grade.

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

8 times with our mutual friends.It would have been 9 but I had to cancel a cruise.

More than once with you and RJ.On one our mutual friends introduced you .On the second you raffled off the surprise package that I won.I took pictures of you and RJ on that you and gave them to you on the next cruise.

Maybe it was two Lenny.

Oh no!!! Sorry about that.....Why did I raffle off your prize? I feel awful now. I know that RJ has me give away everything we ever get in gift exchange or raffle. He says that he does not want to buy the house next door just to store all the "collectibles" and feels someone else will need it more than we do. 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

George C grew up in Bushwick,not close but still Brooklyn.I ,as you know lived in Canarsie .

My friend Danny was a waiter in the Crazy Country Club .I hung out at Peggy O’Neills .My wife and I met in Staten Island as you know ,we had our first date in Bensonhurst .She grew up in Coney Island and went to Lincoln.

This is all Newyorkese to me!🤣

• Haha 4

My Mom was born in Ridgewood, Brooklyn side.  Moved to 5th Ave around 83rd Street.

My husband was born and raised in Brownsville. YIKES!

I hung out in Brownsville too.I met a couple on a cruise in 2017.He grew up in Brownsville and she is East Flatbush.They got married and moved to Maryland.We became good friends on that cruise.

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sorry to hear about this. I hope everything works out. Prayers for your mom and you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We tested negative!  We are waiting to hear our cruise friends results.   Out of gas so I am trying to push mow with the electric mower.   

Great news! Hope your friends are negative as well. I can’t remember if you said you’re doing a review or not, but I hope you at least share some of your trip here.  Have a safe & wonderful trip!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Mom had the name Robert Jr. picked out for me so when I was born, (Shore Road Hospital/Bklyn),

they asked my Mom 'what is it' and she said "a boy" and they asked again and she said "a boy' so they slapped her and she said "a girl" which was her 3rd girl.  She said she liked the name Debbie and Gayle and they didn't put Debbie on birth certificates, but I think she saw the name on a nurses uniform and went with it after deciding on a name for 7 days.  lol   

That's a funny store.        

My Mother was a school teacher so she had trouble picking out a name.     I was almost Kimberly but at the last minute they decided it was too sing songy with our last name so I became Debra officially but always use Debbie.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Welcome, I am a NJ native, most recently Hunterdon County, but moved south almost 5 years ago.  This is definitely a great group, I try to keep up but it's hard at times with so much great conversation.  Don't comment a lot but try to like posts to let others know we are here.  By the way I am April.

I have friends who were born in NJ and now live in LI ,others still live in NJ.

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WestDeck restaurant - great food, great drinks and absolutely gorgeous sunsets!   

We usually take 1 large case each and then one small case with shampoos, conditioner, lotion, etc. then we each have a back pack with our essentials (phone chargers, camera, meds, laptop, etc. ).    Always easy to pack for warm weather but I guess you have lots of sweatshirts, coats, etc. to be prepared for the Alaskan weather.   

Yes, WestDeck.  I have it noted somewhere.  It looks great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had at least 6 pages to wade through and was happy to see we have a new resident. @MRS. H Debbie welcome to our wonderful group.

I'm Bonnie, husband is Jack.  He grew up in Israel, I lived in Williamsburg, Bklyn for the first 2 years of my life, then Grand St in Manhattan and now living the life in a suburb of Dallas.  My brother in law lived in Brownsville for many years and then moved to East Flatbush very close to Tilden H.S.

So happy to have you join us.

Lenny, hope you can get the new chair soon.  It brings more freedom for you which will be much welcome I am sure.

I have 9 more 1 hour online courses to take for my new job so I won't be on CC much.  Now y'all behave yourselves, hear???

I lived very close to Tilden.Kids living on my block went to Tilden and others went to my HS.Kids living on your BIL’s block went to Tilden or my HS .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 for your mam to be okay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thinking of you and your mom and hoping for non surgery outcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I lived very close to Tilden.Kids living on my block went to Tilden and others went to my HS.Kids living on your BIL’s block went to Tilden or my HS .

They had dh's siblings going to different schools.  Halfway through hubby was switched.

Back in the day they were going to bus me to Lafayette, which was far away from me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

YAY!    Are you doing the Happy Dance while mowing?   

😂 Happy Dance pushing a lawn mower."  😂 When I was done I looked like someone squirted me with a hose!  At least this year I will not wear flip flops!  It was 91° feels like 101°. As some here who have had bad travels, my happy dance will be done at boarding!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mrs. H. said:

My husband lived (and survived) in the Tilden projects and when to Tilden HS an Carnasie HS.

I believe I told you that I was born in Crown Hts,went to Wingate then moved to Canarsie.I know 6 people now who went to Tilden.I met a guy on a cruise in 2018 who was wearing a Tilden tee shirt.I was wearing a Born in Brooklyn tee shirt.We became good friends on that cruise even though he did not know anyone that I know who went to Tilden.

• Like 1