Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@lenquixote66 Lenny- Was the concert you saw in 2008 one that included Denny Laine,Todd Rundgren and Christopher Cross? We saw it at Westbury Music theater in the Summer of 2008. The show was entitled “It Was Forty Years Ago Today.”.

i read about a show at Westbury this past Saturday night. Denny Laine was in it again and the title has been upgraded to “It Was Fifty Years Ago Today.”.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

You should have seen that show , I had recommended it to my friends in Long Island, we had first row vip seats , there also was Jason Scheff from Chicago and Joey Molland from badfinger . They each did a couple of there hits then they did songs from Rubber Soul and Revolver. We got our picture taken with them and a autographed poster, pretty sure I had posted both earlier. 
image.thumb.jpeg.e2ba8150ef9f472f082c40e1b88ed176.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Lot's of people wish Baseball was a non contact sport, but it can still be pretty dangerous no matter where you are on the field.

I played softball and fast pitch softball for many years for my township and Jr High and High School teams.    I had twisted my ankle and banged into the metal stake they used to hold bases down with while I was sliding into 3rd base.    Healed nice but years later every now and then that ankle bothers me.     Hopefully that won't be the case for Owen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ll explain in my response to Jim how the accident happened.

From what we have read this type of force for kids is typically from car accidents or falls from great heights. Hard to believe that playing football and hockey (contact sports) has never brought about this type of injury. You know, baseball a non contact sport so it should have been ok. 😉

Thanks OB. You have always been supportive of us on this thread, as well as our home with our journey with Allie. 

I’m now on my next adventure with mom. I’m in a waiting room while they are doing her EKG. 

image.thumb.jpg.43e6ba1f42afc9a3e94c94743d6e87e7.jpg

Sending our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your mam Andrew.

Graham.

• Like 2

We had a beautiful day at the beach yesterday.     Spent several hours on the beach - walking, reading, napping - just pure relaxation.       We then grilled up some filet mignon and my SIL made crab cakes with some jumbo pick n peel shrimp (our own version of surf and turf) with steamed asparagus and baked potatoes.     Enjoying time with my Brother and SIL.     They went golfing this morning and we are doing a little work online.     Cloudy right now but should clear up for another wonderful day. 

Heading out to Viking Village soon to pick up some sea scallops for dinner.   I plan on making mushroom risotto with pan seared scallops.    

• Like 10

@lenquixote66 Lenny- Was the concert you saw in 2008 one that included Denny Laine,Todd Rundgren and Christopher Cross? We saw it at Westbury Music theater in the Summer of 2008. The show was entitled “It Was Forty Years Ago Today.”.

i read about a show at Westbury this past Saturday night. Denny Laine was in it again and the title has been upgraded to “It Was Fifty Years Ago Today.”.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

The concert that Toby and I went to was in Brooklyn and outdoors.It was also Arlo Guthrie ,Melanie and about 30 other singers and musicians.

I have the program somewhere in my house.Toby was sitting directly behind Dee Snider but had no idea who he was.I was whispering to her or so I thought till he turned around .He and a friend ,Toby and I had an interesting conversation .

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a beautiful day at the beach yesterday.     Spent several hours on the beach - walking, reading, napping - just pure relaxation.       We then grilled up some filet mignon and my SIL made crab cakes with some jumbo pick n peel shrimp (our own version of surf and turf) with steamed asparagus and baked potatoes.     Enjoying time with my Brother and SIL.     They went golfing this morning and we are doing a little work online.     Cloudy right now but should clear up for another wonderful day. 

Heading out to Viking Village soon to pick up some sea scallops for dinner.   I plan on making mushroom risotto with pan seared scallops.    

Very glad that you had a nice day yesterday.We had vegan crab cakes yesterday as my youngest child is Vegan.We also had vegan shrimp but did not serve it.

• Like 2

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

If you like the music of the singers and bands that played at Woodstock in 1969 you can Google Retro69.It is my friend Elliots band .Every year they appear in concert at Bethel Woods.In 2019 they were on stage with Arlo Guthrie.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@LuckynanaOur very good wishes to your Erin !

Fairfield was/is known for their nursing program. My hubby was there when the school became coed in the Fall of 1971. Most of the girls were in the nursing program then. One of his friends had a successful nursing career at Lenox Hill Hospital.

Tell Erin- Go Stags! 😀

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you for your good wishes, MJ!  My Dad was in Lenox Hill Hospital after his accident put him in a Coma, and where he passed away.  We were very happy with Lenox;  the nurses there were very professional, as well as very compassionate.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I found out what they did. 2 sedations, 2 casts after two “realignments”, and 3 X-rays.  From what Lisa understood it was a dislocated wrist, and multiple fractures.  She heard the, pop the wrist back in and watch them do both alignments. He still has a temporary cast, until he sees the fracture clinic at our local children’s hospital. The DRs at the hospital we were at today hoped that we would hear from them tomorrow with the reference. 

5EEA7980-6BCE-47F2-AFBB-52028AC88EC9.thumb.jpeg.30c761cb198d17c93b9894739bc4ad6f.jpeg

• Poor Owen!  He's already been through a lot already last night.  I hope he at least was able to get a good nights sleep last night and isn't hurting too very much today.😢
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Today was HOT ‐ near 100 F. We packed a picnic supper and went over to Lake Harriet for the Sunday evening free band concert.

First we did a walk around the lake, slow and lots of breaks in the shade. We did about 3 miles and finished just in time for the band. They were pretty good. Lots of brass.

By the way...can anyone find the yellow ducky hiding among the pretty sailboats?

I love brass bands!!!  When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, I used to go to a club in the next town over, where there was a brass band, lead singer was Clay Cropper.   Man, they were great!  One of my daughter's had "It's A Wonderful World" as her wedding song...

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have them.  I can post later if you are curious.

Today I have 5 hours with my mom at the hospital for her pre-op for her hip replacement in early July. 

5 hours sure seems like an awful long time for your Mom's pre-op tests.  You must be exhausted!

How is Owen this morning?

1 hour ago, George C said:

You should have seen that show , I had recommended it to my friends in Long Island, we had first row vip seats , there also was Jason Scheff from Chicago and Joey Molland from badfinger . They each did a couple of there hits then they did songs from Rubber Soul and Revolver. We got our picture taken with them and a autographed poster, pretty sure I had posted both earlier. 
image.thumb.jpeg.e2ba8150ef9f472f082c40e1b88ed176.jpeg

NICE!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That sounds like pure bliss!

• Like 2

I plan on making mushroom risotto with pan seared scallops.    

I hadn't had mushrooms in awhile so last week Sharon picked me up some.  I sauteed mushrooms, onion greens and bell pepper in olive oil then scrambled in some eggs.   Sooo good.   Caden saw it and I talked him into trying his 1st mushroom and he liked them.  Later I made a pizza with mushrooms and he really liked it.

• Like 5

It sounds like a wonderful day spent at the beach yesterday!  Was it not windy??  It was quite windy here;  we put the awning over the deck which made it quite cozy,  but after a while we had to retract it when the wind got really crazy.  Your menu sounds divine!!!!  Jim wanted tacos, so tacos it was!!!

Have a great time with your DB and SIL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

My Woodstock claim to fame is I have a cousin who was there. I am quite happy that I was not.

My 21st Birthday fell on the Woodstock Weekend.  I debated going to Woodstock, or the Osprey bar in Manasquan.  Manasquan was the winner, and a great time I had celebrating there!  Even more special, was part of the band that I knew from Florida was there playing next door.  Good times,,,good times!!😁

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hadn't had mushrooms in awhile so last week Sharon picked me up some.  I sauteed mushrooms, onion greens and bell pepper in olive oil then scrambled in some eggs.   Sooo good.   Caden saw it and I talked him into trying his 1st mushroom and he liked them.  Later I made a pizza with mushrooms and he really liked it.

You can't go wrong with mushrooms!😉

• Like 1

So sorry this happened to Owen.  Wishes for his recovery to be as painless as possible.

Andrew, you might not have had the Father's Day you envisioned but you were where you had to be.  With your son. That says it all.  You and Lisa are great parents.

@Sunshine3601Debbie, please keep those beach posts coming.  They put me in a wonderful, carefree place in my mind.

107, 108 temps later this week.  Oy!

I'm still in rehab, a bit of pain but haven't had to take my "happy pills" in over 24 hours. PT is tough, strengthening my good leg and arms to take over when I have to stand, move without putting any weight on my operated ankle.  8 more weeks of this and then I start PT when I can finally put weight on both legs.  I have no idea when I will be sent home but glad to be here to get as strong as possible.  

Hope every man who made a positive impact on a child's life had a fabulous Father's Day yesterday.

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Mushrooms are my first choice in pizza toppings.  I'll often add other stuff, but not instead of mushrooms.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My 21st Birthday fell on the Woodstock Weekend.  I debated going to Woodstock, or the Osprey bar in Manasquan.  Manasquan was the winner, and a great time I had celebrating there!  Even more special, was part of the band that I knew from Florida was there playing next door.  Good times,,,good times!!😁

I think you chose wisely.🙂

• Haha 1