Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, LaceyJenee said:

Just wanted to jump on here and say I was here when this thread was early in the lockdown. I took a hiatus from CC when we canceled our Mariner cruise and have come back to see 3000+ pages. I'm impressed its still kicking.

Welcome back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am looking forward to being served cold water Lobster.  Last night Sharon said by night 6 she usually isn't that hungry and would just eat appetizers. I don't want her to give up the main course for me.  I plan to report on the options .  I think others want to know too. 

Well, I had two entrees tonight -- Lasagna and Lamb Kofta.  Two appetizers, too (a double Caesar salad).  Nobody blinked an eye. 

• Like 10

@Sea Dog You are fortunate that you have doctors that have your best interest in mind regarding your health,namely ,your painful knee issues.

It is interesting to know there are physicians who value alternative methods for knee pain other than knee replacement surgery.

My husband has had knee issues since playing college football. He has seen a number of orthopedic doctors over the years who have the same opinion that he may be a candidate sometime for knee surgery, but since he does not have debilitating pain,it is not an immediate plan for him.

Xrays show a significant amount of osteoarthritis in both knees as well as loss of cartilage.  .

He has been active in sports most of his life,but has given up golf and tennis so as not to stress the knee situation. He has walked or biked daily for years .

But, about a year ago,he found that walking was becoming difficult for him. During Covid lockdown and the days afterwards,he began to put on weight. Difficulty walking concerned him, so he began following a healthy eating plan and modified the distance he used to walk . Over a year later ,he has lost fifty pounds and found that his knees no longer bother him and he is able to go back to his usual walking distance. He has maintained the weight loss for five months ,so far. He is surprised that his efforts have taken him from a size forty-two comfort waist jeans to size thirty seven regular waist jeans. 

He is relieved that he no longer feels knee discomfort when walking . He is hopeful that his weight loss will give him a reprieve from knee surgery.

However, he would consider alternative treatment for knee pain,should the need arise.

We would be interested in hearing about any alternative treatment for your knee pain that you might consider. I am hoping you will continue to post about your left knee situation and any recommendations that both the orthopedic doctor you recently saw for treatment  and your brother may suggest to help you feel better.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

BD Adventure.... 

Oh boy. What a bunch of mis-matched crew.

Seth (is that the name of the replacement guy who is also his own captain?) will certainly abuse his new power. I saw snippets tonight.

The chef (who is really a cook imo) doesn't seem to want to impress the guests. I hope she follows through on her thoughts of quitting. She's a jerk.

The Captain seems a bit touchy. I think if he really let his temper loose....yikes.

And yet I tune in every week.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2023 at 3:03 PM, BonTexasNY said:

I am in the midst of reading a "can't put this" book down.  The Housekeeper by Joy Fielding.  Categorized as a thriller.  Housekeeper ingratiates herself into the lives of an elderly couple she is caring for and the adult daughter who hired her starts to see things...amiss.  Getting ready to read more!

I've now got this on hold at the library. (I'm too cheap to buy every book I want to read!)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LaceyJenee said:

Just wanted to jump on here and say I was here when this thread was early in the lockdown. I took a hiatus from CC when we canceled our Mariner cruise and have come back to see 3000+ pages. I'm impressed its still kicking.

Nice to see you back and hopefully you will stay on Dani's thread now you are posting again.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Oh boy. What a bunch of mis-matched crew.

Seth (is that the name of the replacement guy who is also his own captain?) will certainly abuse his new power. I saw snippets tonight.

The chef (who is really a cook imo) doesn't seem to want to impress the guests. I hope she follows through on her thoughts of quitting. She's a jerk.

The Captain seems a bit touchy. I think if he really let his temper loose....yikes.

And yet I tune in every week.

Its like watching a train wreck. I'm not sure why Seth, a captain, took a job as a deck hand. That seems very odd to me especially since he seems to have such an ego and high opinion of himself. The talk he gave to the deck hands after being made lead I think is an omen of more drama to come. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds amazing.

Are you doing a Live From?.

I don't know. I suspect I'll just post on this thread like I did on my last cruise. However, being a new class of ship for me maybe I'll start a thread especially since it is heavy on sea days so I'll have time to post. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know. I suspect I'll just post on this thread like I did on my last cruise. However, being a new class of ship for me maybe I'll start a thread especially since it is heavy on sea days so I'll have time to post. 

Sending you our best wishes for an awesome cruise.

G&P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea Dog You are fortunate that you have doctors that have your best interest in mind regarding your health,namely ,your painful knee issues.

It is interesting to know there are physicians who value alternative methods for knee pain other than knee replacement surgery.

My husband has had knee issues since playing college football. He has seen a number of orthopedic doctors over the years who have the same opinion that he may be a candidate sometime for knee surgery, but since he does not have debilitating pain,it is not an immediate plan for him.

Xrays show a significant amount of osteoarthritis in both knees as well as loss of cartilage.  .

He has been active in sports most of his life,but has given up golf and tennis so as not to stress the knee situation. He has walked or biked daily for years .

But, about a year ago,he found that walking was becoming difficult for him. During Covid lockdown and the days afterwards,he began to put on weight. Difficulty walking concerned him, so he began following a healthy eating plan and modified the distance he used to walk . Over a year later ,he has lost fifty pounds and found that his knees no longer bother him and he is able to go back to his usual walking distance. He has maintained the weight loss for five months ,so far. He is surprised that his efforts have taken him from a size forty-two comfort waist jeans to size thirty seven regular waist jeans. 

He is relieved that he no longer feels knee discomfort when walking . He is hopeful that his weight loss will give him a reprieve from knee surgery.

However, he would consider alternative treatment for knee pain,should the need arise.

We would be interested in hearing about any alternative treatment for your knee pain that you might consider. I am hoping you will continue to post about your left knee situation and any recommendations that both the orthopedic doctor you recently saw for treatment  and your brother may suggest to help you feel better.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you for your comments and yes I will keep you updated if I go ahead with some of the other treatments. So far the Simvisc is starting to kick in and my pain has dissipated. My brother also said weight loss is crucial to having less pain as the joints don't have to carry as much weight. I've already lost 40 pounds but I really would like to lose another 50. We will see. Congratulations on your husband's weight loss. I am sure he feels a lot better. I know I did after my initial 40. Keep up the great work.

Cheers!

Greg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Whatever you decide is fine with me. It's your vacation so enjoy. I do want to see a pic of your feet! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Its like watching a train wreck. I'm not sure why Seth, a captain, took a job as a deck hand. That seems very odd to me especially since he seems to have such an ego and high opinion of himself. The talk he gave to the deck hands after being made lead I think is an omen of more drama to come. 

My only guess is that he might have been in between jobs or was looking for a job, any job that could bring in some cash. I am sure when the producers found out he was a captain they thought "Oh this could create some drama."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My only guess is that he might have been in between jobs or was looking for a job, any job that could bring in some cash. I am sure when the producers found out he was a captain they thought "Oh this could create some drama."

Well, I think they got that right! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I've now got this on hold at the library. (I'm too cheap to buy every book I want to read!)

I hope you enjoy it.  After you read, please post what you thought of the ending.  No spoiler alerts here.

I also finished The Boys From Biloxi - John Grisham.  I was not a fan of this one and the ending left me unsettled. I seem to remember @Momof3gurlzDeb stating the same.   I'm waiting for the newest Women's Mystery book by James Patterson.  Library doesn't have it yet and I'm too cheap to buy also!

• Like 2

@Sea DogThank you,Greg. I will share your congratulations with my hubby and I am making a note of the name of the shot, Simvisc in case he needs to consult with an orthopedist.

It seems that weight loss is one of the first things doctors mention for many ailments.

I had a concerning A1C test level of 6.1 that put me in the pre diabetes range.

After consulting a nutritionist in November, I have lost ten pounds so far. My goal is 30. The holidays caused a bit of derailment. But, I am back on her suggested meal plan and hope to have a better test result next week.

I am sure that my joints will also benefit from the plan.

But enough health talk.

Looking forward to reading about cruises, travels, kitchen renovations,grandchildren and sunny beach days- all good things to lift the spirits.

Wishing all a pleasant day !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 9