Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Diana says good morning from a new spot to explore…. Driving DH to a Mohs surgery appointment this afternoon.  Have my Kindle and a jacket in case the place is 🥶

636FA8D9-50A2-4A77-BFE2-4624FDD5CE94.jpeg

I hope all went well with your DH today.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We had lunch in our local garden centre before buying some plants for our back garden.

IMG_20230323_122847.jpg

IMG_20230323_123000.jpg

Looks delicious!  I think everyone is just "itching" to get started with their gardens ☺️

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for all of the Happy Birthday wishes 😊 

Looks like RC wanted to make it a special day for me too.  Today they sent out a notice that they are dropping the pre-cruise testing for the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise in May!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!!!!  I HOPE IT'S BEEN A GREAT ONE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Great that precruise testing has been dropped for your cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Well, this Covid Virgin (me) is no longer a virgin.  Tested Positive this morning, and spent most of today in bed.  This cough is annoying.

Carol was neg earlier today 

☹️ hoping you have a mild case, it is going to get us all at some point.  Had our turn last year, so far both of us still good.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh, no Maryann!  I hope it stays mild for you and anyone else.  
Also hope @derorim has a mild case.  Glad your knee is better. If it’s not one thing it’s another!

Thanks Deb.  Safe travels to you and Andy as you head home!

24 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh no, Maryann.  Keep hydrated, continue to rest. I hope it doesn't last much longer.

Thanks Bonnie .I also hope you and Jack avoid what's going around in your town!

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you my best wishes Maryann for a quick recovery.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221224_110439.jpg

Thank you, Graham!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, akcruz said:

☹️ hoping you have a mild case, it is going to get us all at some point.  Had our turn last year, so far both of us still good.

Thanks, April.  I certainly can't complain..3 years and 5 cruises before it got me..lol!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If all goes as planned we will arrive Sunday afternoon.   We will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian village Waikiki .  Our Assistant TA, Sharon,  😃  is setting it all up.  Then when we get there she will say let's go and I know then for sure what we are doing.  😆  

Maybe we can figure out sometime to meet up.  I now Monday will be a busy day for us.  So Sunday afternoon or before we board.   We are cruising with two other couples. 

That’s where we’re staying at.  Which tower are you in?  We are in the Grand Islander. We’ll be around Sunday afternoon but you will be busy checking in so we can play it by ear or do a quick meet up somewhere onsite.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Well, this Covid Virgin (me) is no longer a virgin.  Tested Positive this morning, and spent most of today in bed.  This cough is annoying.

Carol was neg earlier today 

Maryann, thankfully, you didn’t get it right before or during the cruise. That cough can be annoying.  I hope it gets better soon.  How’s JIm?  You both take care. Drink lots of water.  Hugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who have been following my DNA saga, the results are in!

giphy.gif.bdef60ec6ae1ef0b5f52e33686ea5d14.gif

(For those who haven't been following along, the TL;DR version is: I was placed for adoption at birth, found my birthmother in the 90s, and recently took an Ancestry .com DNA test to search for my birthfather.  Tracked down (deceased) grandparents, found a (possible) half-brother, did a sibling test that was "inconclusive", and just did a DNA test with the other possible father, Bill, one of three brothers born to the grandparents.)

Drumroll.....

maury-povich-you-are-the-father.gif.4adc089842d192e4cd56263a443c5bfa.gif

So, R is my cousin instead of my half-brother.  He tried calling Bill, but got his voicemail.  (The ONE time he doesn't answer his phone, are you kidding me??? LOL)

I'm at peace now.  This was the best possible outcome.  Bill is still living, and is ready, willing, and able to accept me as his daughter.  And after over half a century of not knowing, I have a biological father.

• Like 41

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

(For those who haven't been following along, the TL;DR version is: I was placed for adoption at birth, found my birthmother in the 90s, and recently took an Ancestry .com DNA test to search for my birthfather.  Tracked down (deceased) grandparents, found a (possible) half-brother, did a sibling test that was "inconclusive", and just did a DNA test with the other possible father, Bill, one of three brothers born to the grandparents.)

Drumroll.....

So, R is my cousin instead of my half-brother.  He tried calling Bill, but got his voicemail.  (The ONE time he doesn't answer his phone, are you kidding me??? LOL)

I'm at peace now.  This was the best possible outcome.  Bill is still living, and is ready, willing, and able to accept me as his daughter.  And after over half a century of not knowing, I have a biological father.

Yay! what an amazing story and outcome.  So happy you found him and all is well. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Ozark_Kid Happy Birthday John! I hope those grandkids are spoiling you today. 

I soon, next 1/2 hour, will have all 7 grandkids here!  I love ❤️ it when the whole family gets together.   My MIL and SIL is also here.  

Sharon made one of the family favorites tonight.   Curry and Roti.   We like substituting beef for the chicken. 

image.thumb.png.d7f56a333077a86bd3b61769521e0042.png

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Drumroll.....

Congratulations Deb!  It's been a long, long, journey for you.  Thank you for sharing with us.💕

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Maryann, thankfully, you didn’t get it right before or during the cruise. That cough can be annoying.  I hope it gets better soon.  How’s JIm?  You both take care. Drink lots of water.  Hugs.

Thank you, Helen.  You are so right!  Jim seems fine, so far.  Thank you for asking.🥰

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations Deb!  It's been a long, long, journey for you.  Thank you for sharing with us.💕

Thanks to everyone who has been along for the ride!

I never dreamed that people would be interested, but I'm happy to share my story.  Adoption has been in the dark for way too long, time to bring it out into the light!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That’s where we’re staying at.  Which tower are you in?  We are in the Grand Islander. We’ll be around Sunday afternoon but you will be busy checking in so we can play it by ear or do a quick meet up somewhere onsite.

Not sure which tower, just know it's an ocean view.  Sharon said said she can't see it on the reservation.  We had just got a new Chase card and the points covered the Hilton hotel and the one night near LAX.  I'm sure we will figure it out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brillohead said:

That is the greatest news!  I am so happy for you, Debbie to have finally reach this incredible, happy ending to your search.  I hope you and your father will get to spend a lot of time together to get to know each other, to make up for lost time. I am in tears of joy,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I am so happy to hear this, what a weight lifted.  Also glad to hear you are being so well accepted by all. Congrats on the new family.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1