Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

TSOTD is Abbey Road from the Beatles collection.For years I did not wear it.I just kept it as a collectible item.Several years ago I wore it on a cruise.

I was sitting outside and a guy approached me wearing the same shirt.He sat down ,we introduced ourselves and proceeded to have a long discussion on The Beatles as well as the British influence on Classic Rock.He was from the UK and surprised that I shared his opinion on many British singers and groups.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Rabbit Rabbit 🐇 White rabbit for the first of the month.

It is cloudy here and 63°F.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Wishing everyone a happy and fulfilling day.

White Rabbit is one of my all time favorite songs .If you want to hear somebody sing it who in my opinion is better than Grace Slick google Melissa League.There is a video on You Tube of the band she is in .I saw her sing it live several times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Ryan was awarded Honor Roll and President's Education Academic Award for receiving a grade no lower than 90 in 7th grade in all marking periods and no lower than 90 in 8th grade for the first 3 marking periods.  He makes us so proud!

IMG_20230601_083235122~3.jpg

Congratulations :A fine looking family

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am starting to feel assured that it really is your  birthday 🎂.   @Ocean Boy Hope you are having a great day!  Happy Birthday!

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Best wishes for a very Happy Birthday.

Thank you both very much!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, wishing your daughter lots and lots and lots of health, good news and a lovely celebration 🌺

And, of course, happy belated birthday to Ricky 😘

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and wishes for good health.  Susan is taking her to an appointment today, and next week, she will move to phase 3 of her treatment for the next six months.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday to your lovely daughter Mark.

giphy.gif

Thank you for the birthday wishes for my daughter.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your amazing Daughter as well as your SIL. 🌷

And of course Ricky living like a King with what looks like a plate of Lobster.  😻

Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I think Ricky was feasting on shrimp in that photo.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Birthday to @h20skibum Mark’s daughter and to @Ocean Boy!

After last weekends cookout, we realized we need to find a way to provide a shaded area around the pool for the grill and a table for food & drinks.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I like the looks of the grill cover.  

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday to @Ocean Boy , @h20skibum Mark's daughter, SIL.  May all of your birthday wishes come true.  

Thank you for the birthday wishes for my daughter.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wishing your daughter a very Happy and Healthy Birthday, Mark!

Happy Birthday wishes also to Ricky, as well as to your SIL!

Thank you for the birthday and health wishes.

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

@Ocean Boy  Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!  Might we get an ocean pic?🎂

@h20skibum  Happy birthday to your crew too!🎂

@Momof3gurlz  That looks like a good alternative and will keep Andy busy for a few, I think. 😆

@Luckynana  Congrats to your Ryan!  So nice to see you and Jim and your smiling, proud faces!🙂

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

+1

Thank you

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

OB, I wish you the happiest of birthdays 🎉

Mark, hug your daughter from me and Ricky too!

Aussie, those pictures are amazing!

Thank you, I will.

31 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy Birthday, OB @Ocean Boy, have a wonderful day!

@h20skibum, Mark, Happy Birthday to your daughter and your sister-in-law.

@Luckynana, Maryann, your grandchildren are just amazing with all their achievements.  I see Ava as a lovely young lady.  Jack and Ryan as fine young men.  

@Momof3gurlz, Deb, I love the idea of the overhang in your backyard for the BBQ setup.  So great that Handy Andy will be able to put it together.

@aussielozzie18, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.  They are awesome.

My mom celebrated her 96th birthday Sunday 5/28.  We all celebrated with her with all her children and grandchildren, and great grandchildren.  

Thank you for the birthday wishes, and happy belated birthday to your mom.

24 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea Happy Birthday to your mom.  How wonderful that she has reached 96 and was surrounded by so many of her family to celebrate.

@h20skibum Happy Birthday to your daughter.  Wishing her a long happy life & the current treatment to be a distant memory.  Happy Birthday to your SIL too.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, and wishes for the current treatment to be a distant memory.  That is what we are all wishing for.

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This was the first thing I thought of too.  Jefferson Airplane was the first big concert I attended.  I saw them later when they change their name to Jefferson Starship. Great memories!

Happy Birthday to your daughter and SIL.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Ryan was awarded Honor Roll and President's Education Academic Award for receiving a grade no lower than 90 in 7th grade in all marking periods and no lower than 90 in 8th grade for the first 3 marking periods.  He makes us so proud!

Congratulations to Ryan on a great accomplishment.  I love his hair.  

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Our oldest grandson Andrew had his band concert this week in which he had a brief solo. His Mom snapped this picture just before it started. This year he moved from clarinet to saxophone, which his Mom also played throughout Jr and Sr high school.  IMG_4128.thumb.jpeg.73f219ac34a5fdb79b28588a1c8897d1.jpeg

Andrew is looking good for his band concert.   I am sometimes surprised how good some of them sound.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@Luckynana, Maryann, your grandchildren are just amazing with all their achievements.  I see Ava as a lovely young lady.  Jack and Ryan as fine young men.  

@Momof3gurlz, Deb, I love the idea of the overhang in your backyard for the BBQ setup.  So great that Handy Andy will be able to put it together.

My mom celebrated her 96th birthday Sunday 5/28.  We all celebrated with her with all her children and grandchildren, and great grandchildren.  

Happy birthday to your mom, what an achievement!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Lovely photo.

My hair was the same length and style when I was Ryan's age.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good evening.  Took advantage of an evening of nice weather to head into Circular Quay straight after work to view a little of Vivid Sydney - our annual light, ideas and music festival.  Took me a leisurely fours hours to walk a loop from Circular Quay to The Rocks to Barangaroo to Darling Harbour to stop and view some of the installations along the way.

Started with the Sydney Opera House, which never disappoints. 
The illuminations on the Opera House’s sails this year spotlights the paintings of the late Australian artist Jon Olsen and his enduring fascination with Australia’s nature & landscapes.

1DDD2529-EA6D-4A3A-B582-69583A191220.thumb.jpeg.6c2f51fcb48c8d2e9c6258327832d1b9.jpeg

B09CCBC1-B302-4F09-BA96-36DFD5A6250B.thumb.jpeg.13e183242cb5b7ac82ad301e74c769c8.jpeg

174276AA-9F7A-4DB1-8CE8-48B7E74DBDBD.thumb.jpeg.dfdb57ff4d140e1f2c1ab210bef712b9.jpeg

7A6A4C20-B695-4E4B-895A-3C07F80ADD71.thumb.jpeg.c7d9db4b1d5aa9a60a351b60f47b0406.jpeg

0C259E89-1899-455A-911B-40AE41FD9E61.thumb.jpeg.26d341c755cf0be6c2d5be1a6c0d2caf.jpeg

F6A0BA91-8708-47F9-8A68-766513A2EE78.thumb.jpeg.7833112b0ea50d7d5cbf9bfa7f6940c4.jpeg

B4E8C286-15A9-4EA7-A45A-3A708B1138A7.thumb.jpeg.9c6fa703687af90ed03742f8ddaf8c10.jpeg

C2B865B5-D0A3-4DEE-BAD8-6C1639AA2F1F.thumb.jpeg.fc711fd4b27bb320878a1a3b00b40cd6.jpeg

2093ABFB-304B-4AFE-B4F5-5AEF1C62CCF9.thumb.jpeg.73bb1fffeb6500b04421f0d7eb892d0d.jpeg

Amazing photos.

Sydney is on our cruise wish list.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy belated 96th birthday to your dear mam.

IMG_20230601_191201.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Our oldest grandson Andrew had his band concert this week in which he had a brief solo. His Mom snapped this picture just before it started. This year he moved from clarinet to saxophone, which his Mom also played throughout Jr and Sr high school.  IMG_4128.thumb.jpeg.73f219ac34a5fdb79b28588a1c8897d1.jpeg

First of all, your grandson Andrew is adorable!!!  Secondly, I love the Saxophone!!! Andrew must be very talented to be given a Solo during his school concert.  You all have to be so proud!!!!!  Congratulations Andrew!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photo.

My hair was the same length and style when I was Ryan's age.

Mine is the same length and style now.  Does that mean I am still young at heart?

I know, having a lot of hair is a rarity for an old guy, my age. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 8

On 5/30/2023 at 8:17 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if that means a shorter season or more content with less film on the edit room floor?

What it means is that they want me to sit and watch tv for 3 hours on top of my 30 minutes for Jeopardy. That’s insane!

If I record anything on tv, I never get around to watching it. Woe is me!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well done Ryan!

Thank you, Aussie!

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations to Ryan on the well deserved awards!  I love the handhold/handshake he and Jim are sharing. 

Thank you, Deb!!

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday to @Ocean Boy , @h20skibum Mark's daughter, SIL.  May all of your birthday wishes come true.  

@Luckynana Maryann, it's always a pleasure to read and see pictures of your grandkids wonderful achievements.  

The same with yours, Bonnie!

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Congratulations!

What a lovely picture. I am so happy to put a face to name.

Thank you, Arzeena!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Then walked under the Harbour Bridge and came across this amazing installation at Pier One. It was a combo of water, video projection & sound.  Amazing.  (Couldn’t find the info sign in the dark for this one) and my photos don’t do it justice.D290438A-1091-4916-800D-9F0A00527DE7.thumb.jpeg.aecda65928ea035737e7f6de7ee16e88.jpeg

DDC258E8-3358-40C6-A6B5-FA5D9C0E0BF4.thumb.jpeg.de46735dc37886f85390d34bea6704d3.jpeg

128FA394-7EC4-4882-AC42-3CD949CC44BB.thumb.jpeg.78ad4ec0b97e4b724daeb2f75ad6405e.jpeg

75FC6DCE-CC40-4281-876A-B89D7A6BD868.thumb.jpeg.5d4b03e05d30951af5e98c4279d1fc3b.jpeg

Your pictures are always so awesome, Aussie!  What an incredible area you live in.  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m like a toddler running after an ice cream truck. 
the faster I run, the farther away it gets!

So to those with kids, grandkids, and great grandkids graduating, Congratulations!

To the young ‘uns going to a prom, I  hope your dreams were fulfilled

To those who have a mother celebrating a birthday, I hope you know you’re lucky to still have her. 
To you guys fortunate enough to celebrate starting a new year, Happy Birthday, and many happy returns of the day!

And  now I need to get going, and fall another half dozen pages behind!!!❤️❤️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1