Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, George C said:

We had two cats that were 90 percent indoor but went outside, occasionally they would climb a tree and there only way down was to jump on my shoulder. When they passed our new kittens wanted nothing to do with going outside we could leave our front door open and they would just stay inside, which is great since we have bobcats and coyotes in the area . 

Jade wants nothing to do with going outside either. When an outside door opens she runs in the other direction. My previous cat Lila, on the other hand, would be ready to escape through any previously closed door that happened to open. She also figured out how to operate the lever door knobs in the house. She had no appreciation for closed bathroom or bedroom doors.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The other thing about the Floataway Lounge is you can only see it if you're logged in.  Not a problem for any of us but could affect some lurkers and those stuck in an infinite Monopoly loop like M8. 

Doesn't matter to me where this thread is located.  I keep it open in a tab so I can always quickly get to it.  I can understand the logic behind moving it...this isn't really a Royal specific thread and the mods want to keep things organized.  That said, I'd rather just see it stay where it is.  If we stay here, I'd expect this discussion to come up again every few months. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sincerely hope not.  If that happens, I am sorry but I won’t be posting there.  

Can I ask you why? Unless you are paying attention would you even notice which forum the thread is located in when you click on it? Not that I am advocating for a move. I am just curious.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can I ask you why? Unless you are paying attention would you even notice which forum the thread is located in when you click on it? Not that I am advocating for a move. I am just curious.

Connecting to cc is going smoothly atm but in  the past it’s been glitchy.  Guess I am concerned that finding that forum & posting is going to be tricky.  I only look at the Aust & NZ forum and this thread when I go on cc.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Connecting to cc is going smoothly atm but in  the past it’s been glitchy.  Guess I am concerned that finding that forum & posting is going to be tricky.  I only look at the Aust & NZ forum and this thread when I go on cc.

If you set your preferences to subscribe to the treads you post to they will show on your list when you log in. You don't have to search for them even if they move to a different forum. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m trying to play catch up again, but got distracted by the humor thread in its new spot in Floataway lounge.  They’re really letting it all loose over there!  
Some have mentioned they wouldn’t follow or post in this thread if it were moved to Floatway. I’m just curious why? 
Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?  There are quite a few in my neighborhood, some with this color flower but more with a yellowish cream color flower.  IMG_9096.thumb.jpeg.6cd66cea1b4a4929a4538b439e5ca64a.jpeg

IMG_9095.thumb.jpeg.f0635ad8378d688b6e9b5efd8eb8de9e.jpeg

Yes @Jimbo is correct, a dogwood!  This is a very nice one!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I would accept whatever Dani @dani negreanu wants her thread to be but I'm sure she would like it on the main Royal Caribbean boards. 

However, occasionally someone does pop in who doesn't seem to appreciate what we have going on here and they don't seem to be able to just move on gracefully.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Some have mentioned they wouldn’t follow or post in this thread if it were moved to Floatway. I’m just curious why? 

I was curious why, too.
I enjoy this thread so much and am a part of it like family, and will follow and post on this thread (just like the Bella thread) wherrrrrrrre ever it is!😁here or there!
Think: Am I going to stop talking to my family just because they had to move somewhere else? I understand a bit inconvenient, not on page 1, etc etc, but still existing, not gone for good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I was curious why, too.
I enjoy this thread so much and am a part of it like family, and will follow and post on this thread (just like the Bella thread) wherrrrrrrre ever it is!😁here or there!
Think: Am I going to stop talking to my family just because they had to move somewhere else? I understand a bit inconvenient, not on page 1, etc etc, but still existing, not gone for good.

Thank you😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The other thing about the Floataway Lounge is you can only see it if you're logged in.  Not a problem for any of us but could affect some lurkers and those stuck in an infinite Monopoly loop like M8. 

Doesn't matter to me where this thread is located.  I keep it open in a tab so I can always quickly get to it.  I can understand the logic behind moving it...this isn't really a Royal specific thread and the mods want to keep things organized.  That said, I'd rather just see it stay where it is.  If we stay here, I'd expect this discussion to come up again every few months. 🤷‍♂️

It doesn’t matter to me either, although if someone asked for my preference I guess I’d say leave it where it is.  I was just curious why some might object to a move. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have posted on a floataway thread for 3 years.

I post about 3 times a week on that thread where there are around 8 regular posters.

On here I can post easily several times a day.

For those interested in Post Count, posts are not added from Floataway lounge to your post count number.

I post more in the Floataway than anywhere else.If anyone wants my points they can have them.Having said that I do not understand why there are points on some threads but not on others.Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never been. Anything in particular that attracts you to the island?

Nothing in particular, it is just beautiful.  For those who just stay in the port area, it may not be great. But it has a lot to see. Every time we go there there is something more to discover. The first time I went, I had read a lot of bad reviews on CC about the port, the language, them not accepting USD, etc etc. But when I went in person, I honestly found the reviews to be very exaggerated ( or perhaps subjective is the right word to use) and each time it grew on me. It is now one of my favorites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Nothing in particular, it is just beautiful.  For those who just stay in the port area, it may not be great. But it has a lot to see. Every time we go there there is something more to discover. The first time I went, I had read a lot of bad reviews on CC about the port, the language, them not accepting USD, etc etc. But when I went in person, I honestly found the reviews to be very exaggerated ( or perhaps subjective is the right word to use) and each time it grew on me. It is now one of my favorites.

There were hundreds of movies filmed in Martinique.

• Like 1