Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So here is yesterday’s “odd situation” to add to the others on this Allure cruise so far. After waiting an hour in the My Time line at the MDR, which was packed due to formal night, we got all the way to the host stand only to have him loudly announce that the dining room was completely full. He said that everyone in line needed to leave and come back in an hour!!! I expected to wait a while, but I did not expect that! Never had that happen before and we always do My Time.

We kind of stood there for a minute trying to decide what to do, since we wouldn’t make our show time if we waited an hour to eat. When we mentioned this to the host, he magically found a table (weren’t they just 100% full???) and we were seated almost immediately. We were so confused about all of that and were asking each other “what just happened?!” SO WEIRD.

So far sounds like a great cruise with several hiccups. We never did my time dinning .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So here is yesterday’s “odd situation” to add to the others on this Allure cruise so far. After waiting an hour in the My Time line at the MDR, which was packed due to formal night, we got all the way to the host stand only to have him loudly announce that the dining room was completely full. He said that everyone in line needed to leave and come back in an hour!!! I expected to wait a while, but I did not expect that! Never had that happen before and we always do My Time.

We kind of stood there for a minute trying to decide what to do, since we wouldn’t make our show time if we waited an hour to eat. When we mentioned this to the host, he magically found a table (weren’t they just 100% full???) and we were seated almost immediately. We were so confused about all of that and were asking each other “what just happened?!” SO WEIRD.

Definitely weird and out of the ordinary but glad to hear it worked out well for you😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Aqua show last night was amazing. Andrew was impressed with the high divers. Today, we explored the ship, rode the carousel and the zip line. Brian and I were pretty proud of ourselves. 😂 One and done for us!!

IMG_4384.thumb.jpeg.cf8b44ff7b126d32742a84e4d21d6f45.jpeg

IMG_4422.thumb.jpeg.5c9f4c7e19e555af003a2e6802befb7b.jpeg

IMG_4393.thumb.jpeg.04bf3d24830ada60160aec0f10cbaa82.jpeg

It's fun - but one and done is the same for us.    Looks like you are having some great weather.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’m just wondering how your planning for your Greenland cruise is going .  I have a friend who is cruising to Greenland and Iceland from Southampton in September.  I’ve mentioned to you before that another friend found the excursions in Greenland lacking . 

I canceled the cruise you’re on for a Pacific coastal and there is only one excursion in Santa Barbara and you have to call to book it . There are no excursions in Astoria and the Los Angeles ones are very expensive.  It is a good thing that I lived in LA for 9 years and so familiar with area and Santa Barbara. 

We disembark in San Diego ( home port ) and many continue on through the Panma Canal. 

Since many are doing a weather report here’s mine for San Diego: 

Temperature : 85° F 

Humidity.      : 54% 

We were never booked on the Pacific Coastal Cruise like some were before the Panama Canal cruise back to Tampa from San Diego. We had just the Panama Canal Cruise which we canceled for the Greenland Cruise out of Bayonne, NJ.

So  since this will be our first cruise since Covid, we are going to ease back into cruising. Not super excursion packed cruise which is fine with us.

We got the Liberty Trust Hotel booked in Roanoke for one night on the 12th of September. It was a bank turned into a hotel, pretty neat. We booked this hotel because it is also just about a half block away from Train Platform in Roanoke. So it will be super easy getting on the train there.

On the 13th we will board the 6:20am Amtrak Train to Newark(Penn Station) in Newark. Arrival in Newark 3:00pm.

We have the TRYP by Wyndham Newark Downtown booked on the 13th, our cruise leaves the next day on the 14th.

First stop is Halifax, My Wife and I have a private 7  hour tour booked with a local tour guide.  He is an tour guide that the cruise lines use. But he can work for himself if he likes, he just tells the cruise lines he is not available.

Next port, Nuuk, Greenland, have an excursion booked through Royal.( Fiord Safari Boat Tour.)

Next port Qaqortoq, Greenland, another excursion booked through Roya l(Qaqortoq Town Walk)

Next Port Nanotalik, Greenland, Royal only has to tours listed for that port and both are Sold Out. (One is a walking tour and the other was a boat tour. Not really interested in any of those. So there we will just get of the ship and wing it.

We also hoping to see the Northern Lights on  one the nights in Greenland....... 🙂

Last Port is St. Johns , Newfoundland , there we will be doing a Royal excursion( St. Johns Highlights and Museum Tour).

Then at the end of the cruise, we will be renting a car and staying at our Son's house in Northern NJ for 1 night and another night we will visit my 2 Sisters and some other relatives and friends in South Jersey. 

We will then drive back home to Virginia on Saturday..........about a 7 hour drive.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Nine years ago today we lost my mom to an awful accident.  She was 91 and in great shape, still driving and going to Atlantic City with us.  She, easily, would have made it to 100😢

I am so very sorry, Marietta.  (((Hugs))) 🌹

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Aqua show last night was amazing. Andrew was impressed with the high divers. Today, we explored the ship, rode the carousel and the zip line. Brian and I were pretty proud of ourselves. 😂 One and done for us!!

IMG_4384.thumb.jpeg.cf8b44ff7b126d32742a84e4d21d6f45.jpeg

IMG_4422.thumb.jpeg.5c9f4c7e19e555af003a2e6802befb7b.jpeg

IMG_4393.thumb.jpeg.04bf3d24830ada60160aec0f10cbaa82.jpeg

Good for the 3 of you!!!!  It makes sense to have to wear sneakers on the Zip line..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good for the 3 of you!!!!  It makes sense to have to wear sneakers on the Zip line..

I always wondered what the need for the helmet is on a zipline on a cruise ship is for?

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

our family has been through a lot but, hopefully, things will be better.  We have helped each other get through our tough times.   We have been blessed with four great kids and six wonderful grandchildren.

Marietta, hopefully you can "bear" another round of hugs from me too 🥰

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We were never booked on the Pacific Coastal Cruise like some were before the Panama Canal cruise back to Tampa from San Diego. We had just the Panama Canal Cruise which we canceled for the Greenland Cruise out of Bayonne, NJ.

So  since this will be our first cruise since Covid, we are going to ease back into cruising. Not super excursion packed cruise which is fine with us.

We got the Liberty Trust Hotel booked in Roanoke for one night on the 12th of September. It was a bank turned into a hotel, pretty neat.

On the 13th we will board the 6:20am Amtrak Train to Newark(Penn Station) in Newark. Arrival in Newark 3:00pm.

We have the TRYP by Wyndham Newark Downtown booked on the 13th, our cruise leaves the next day on the 14th.

First stop is Halifax, My Wife and I have a private 7  hour tour booked with a local tour guide.  He is an tour guide that the cruise lines use. But he can work for himself if he likes, he just tells the cruise lines he is not available.

Next port, Nuuk, Greenland, have an excursion booked through Royal.( Fiord Safari Boat Tour.)

Next port Qaqortoq, Greenland, another excursion booked through Roya l(Qaqortoq Town Walk)

Next Port Nanotalik, Greenland, Royal only has to tours listed for that port and both are Sold Out. (One is a walking tour and the other was a boat tour. Not really interested in any of those. So there we will just get of the ship and wing it.

Last Port is St. Johns , Newfoundland , there we will be doing a Royal excursion( St. Johns Highlights and Museum Tour).

Then at the end of the cruise, we will be renting a car and staying at our Son's house in Northern NJ for 1 night and another night we will visit my 2 Sisters and some other relatives and friends in South Jersey. 

We will then drive back home to Virginia on Saturday..........about a 7 hour drive.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I hope you have a wonderful and stress free cruise . Be sure to take lots of photos especially of puffins if you encounter any . My friend and I went on vacation to Halifax and missed out on seeing my favorite birds . We hired a driver and toured Cape Breton besides renting a car to do our own sightseeing.  
I hope , you’ll let us know about your cruise when you return. 

Thank you , again ! 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We got the Liberty Trust Hotel booked in Roanoke for one night on the 12th of September. It was a bank turned into a hotel, pretty neat. We booked this hotel because it is also just about a half block away from Train Platform in Roanoke. So it will be super easy getting on the train there.

We also hoping to see the Northern Lights on  one the nights in Greenland....... 🙂

Sounds like a great plan.    Hopefully you both will love being back onboard on a ship and at sea again.    Looking forward to some pictures, especially since this is one of my bucket list cruises.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night Jim and I celebrated our 52nd Anniversary by having dinner at our local Japanese Restaurant.  We had such a lovely chat with a young mother and her two teenagers who shared the table with us, her son is 17 and her daughter is 13.  

Our daughter,  who was born on our 1st Anniversary, enjoyed her Birthday dinner in Paris (lucky girl).  Our daughter, SIL and 2 granddaughters have been in Paris visiting our grandson who has been taking Summer Classes in Paris this month.  

• Like 26

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Last night Jim and I celebrated our 52nd Anniversary by having dinner at our local Japanese Restaurant.  We had such a lovely chat with a young mother and her two teenagers who shared the table with us, her son is 17 and her daughter is 13.  

Our daughter,  who was born on our 1st Anniversary, enjoyed her Birthday dinner in Paris (lucky girl).  Our daughter, SIL and 2 granddaughters have been in Paris visiting our grandson who has been taking Summer Classes in Paris this month.  

Happy 52nd Anniversary🌷💕

54 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thats is really weird and completely unacceptable.

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happiest of Anniversaries wished to you! Cheers to Maryann and Jim.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Anniversary Maryann and cheers to many more!!!❤️🍾

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Happy anniversary!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy 52nd anniversary 🍾

Thank you Marietta.  I'm so glad that Charlie is home from the hospital.💕

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy 52nd Anniversary🌷💕

Thank you, Debbie!🥰

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 3  @Luckynana  Maryann & Jim 💐🥂

Thank you so much, Dani!🌹

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Happiest of Anniversaries wished to you! Cheers to Maryann and Jim.

Thank you Greg!  It's good to hear that Linda is doing so well with her hand!😍

39 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy Anniversary Maryann and cheers to many more!!!❤️🍾

Thank you Jennifer!  Are you still travelling?🥰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Anniversary to you and Jim 🎉🥂💖   Happy Birthday to your daughter 🎂🎈