Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, ATG said:

Happy birthday to your daughter.  My son turned 37 on Thursday.  Every Christmas, I think about 1986 when I was 8 3/4 months pregnant.  Getting cookies and the turkey in and out of the oven was an interesting experience.  I was also chasing a 2 1/2 year old who was so excited.  Luckily, Dave was a great help.  I’m sure you have similar remembrances.

Happy belated birthday to your son.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ozark_Kid I just read through your excellent Alaska live  cruise trip review from 2022, again.  I was reading posts about exploring Sitka on foot and your live review was linked.  We will be cruising Alaska in the same month (May) so it was interesting to read about the weather you experienced, as well as your port activities.  Hoping to get an up close eagle photo similar to the excellent one you took.

I may have posted this previously.We cruised to Alaska in May 2008.

We brought winter clothes and they had the highest temperatures to date.

• Like 2

I had a very bad early morning.I woke up with a very bad headache and chills.Nurse Toby took my blood pressure and it was 173/82.

I took my blood pressure medication and 30 minutes later it went down to 159/65 and 30 minutes after that it was normal.
My Cardiologist retired Dec.20 and as of yet I have not found a new doctor.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I may have posted this previously.We cruised to Alaska in May 2008.

We brought winter clothes and they had the highest temperatures to date.

We were in Alaska in July.  A few wore shorts here and there but DH and I wore long pants and long sleeve shirts.  We took hoodies and raincoats and needed them while at the glaciers and whale watching. We took gloves and hats too. I was only hot once and that was In Victoria in bright sun and walking a long distance. Layers are best. Be prepared for anything. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

From me too🎂

+ 1,

sorry a late in birthday wishing to all those who deserve a Happy Birthday wish.

I am late in catching up.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a very bad early morning.I woke up with a very bad headache and chills.Nurse Toby took my blood pressure and it was 173/82.

I took my blood pressure medication and 30 minutes later it went down to 159/65 and 30 minutes after that it was normal.
My Cardiologist retired Dec.20 and as of yet I have not found a new doctor.

Feel better Lenny.

Nurse Toby is a blessing for you. Make sure you give her extra hugs. A back rub or two would be good too.☺️

• Like 4

On 1/6/2024 at 5:46 AM, Jimbo said:

Exactly, I don't watch any regular season hockey it's pretty much meaningless. Just about every team in the league makes the playoffs anyway.

Hockey season starts April 17th.

You aren’t very familiar with NHL hockey are you Jim. 16 of 32 teams make the playoff. When compared to other sports leagues that is right in the middle. 

NFL 14/32

NHL 16/32

NBA 16/30

Even golf is about the same…

At the PGA championship 76/156 make the cut

Baseball is the one exception to the rule in North American sports.  Due to the lack of physical demands on the players the sport commands, they can play 162 games a season rendering an extended playoff season logistically impossible and moot. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ozark_Kid I just read through your excellent Alaska live  cruise trip review from 2022, again.  I was reading posts about exploring Sitka on foot and your live review was linked.  We will be cruising Alaska in the same month (May) so it was interesting to read about the weather you experienced, as well as your port activities.  Hoping to get an up close eagle photo similar to the excellent one you took.

I am glad you enjoyed the review.   I loved going to Alaska.  Before leaving I thought I would not like it as much because I don't like cold.  Looking back it was one of my favorite cruises.

The Sitka National Historical Park is well worth going.   Not a bad walk from the pier too.  Find a map online.

Are you going to Skagway?  Many like doing the train and other excursions, this is another place to explore on your own.  There are several beautiful trails to explore.   After the trails, go downtown and get a Doughboy!  Then go to Skagway Brewing Co.  just for the Halibut.   So good!  I am sure you will love this cruise!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@lenquixote66Feel better, Lenny!  I sure hope you find a good Cardiologist, and soon!

Take care of yourself!

My doctor had other doctors in his practice but did not recommend them .

My Nephrologist treats me for the BP,I plan on asking him if he can refer me to a Cardiologist.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We were married on Valentine's Day. There definitely is a down side.

Ours is Feb 19th and while we’ve not impacted much by Valentines Day, it’s a tough time to travel as it’s usually Feb school vacation week so prices are through the roof.  

• Like 3