Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I learned some things about cats, this week, that I didn’t know.  

You may remember a few of my photos of Ricky, who lives with my daughter and her family.  Ricky, is arguably the strangest cat I have ever encountered.  Never once has he ever nipped or scratched anyone. 

IMG_0901.thumb.jpeg.c4c571d45de3848d0541603c8c4bb7fb.jpeg

This week, Ricky became very lethargic.  Not interested in food, wouldn’t play, and was not himself.  When they took him to the vet, they diagnosed him as anemic, and sent him to a facility in Ohio to have his blood typed.  Once typed, they had to find another facility that had his blood type to do a transfusion.  

I never knew there were such things as cat blood donors, or transfusions for cats. There is no such thing as a universal donor blood type for cats.  

They said that Ricky would not have survived another day if they had not acted so quickly.  He should be coming home today, from Akron, where he finally ended up for his transfusion.  

I know everyone will be overjoyed to see him return home.  They just wish he wasn’t bringing that $$$$ bill with him.  

How scary this must have been for everyone.    Thankful he was able to get the treatment he needed right away.  😻  

Here's hoping that whatever brought on the anemia is a one and done.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Oh, we will be getting medallions for our January cruise.  Our last sailing on Princess was 2017, and they were just introducing them on one ship but not the one we were on.

I am looking forward to seeing if they can really do everything they advertise they can do.   I would hope so, especially since we will be on their newest ship.  Sitting by the pool and ordering a drink or food with it, and them delivering it to your lounger sounds fantastic. 

Speaking of medallions, evidently they will be giving out Pioneer Medallions at my 50 year college reunion this summer.

I loved the medallion. Opens door when it senses you by it. Locked doors when you walked away out of the room. Everything hands free, ordered from venues to room or where ever else we were. And it was quite fast. This was on the Enchanted Princess. The hands free comes in great use when juggling plates of cheese and crackers brought from the buffet for some balcony enjoyment during sunset!😁

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now, for the important question.  Has anyone done the “Swimming with Pigs…” excursion at Nassau?  I just booked it this morning for the seven of us.   I already have an idea how this will go.   

My granddaughter will probably try to latch on to one and ride it like a dolphin.

Her brother will be a little more cautious and will wait to see if one eats his sister before getting close to one.

My CA grandson will probably try to keep away from them at all costs

As for the four adults, who knows how that will go?

At least it didn’t say I was too old to book this one.

So, has anyone done it, and how was it?

There are many youtube videos you can look at to get an idea.

I am with your California grandson.......no no for me. Cute and sweet and awwwww factor and all, but they do poop in the water with you. And I don't think they let you ride them.

Look at the videos to get an idea.

To summarize: My Eeeeeeew factor was a bit higher than my Awwwww Factor.😆

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not only 21 points, she had 9 rebounds.  That's pretty good for a 6 footer.  

I agree that it was definitely a foul. If the foul was called half way through the game no one would be complaining or even remembering the foul. If the foul wasn't called and UConn scored Iowa State fans would have had a legitimate complaint.  Why should a foul be ignored with 4 seconds left? 

9 out of 10 games that foul is not called at  the end of a game. It was probably only called because they wanted to make sure Clark made the finals so they can get the highest  TV rating  as possible.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now, for the important question.  Has anyone done the “Swimming with Pigs…” excursion at Nassau?  I just booked it this morning for the seven of us.   I already have an idea how this will go.   

My granddaughter will probably try to latch on to one and ride it like a dolphin.

Her brother will be a little more cautious and will wait to see if one eats his sister before getting close to one.

My CA grandson will probably try to keep away from them at all costs

As for the four adults, who knows how that will go?

At least it didn’t say I was too old to book this one.

So, has anyone done it, and how was it?

Our Son Chris and Donna were going to do this last year but after Donna read about a couple of girls getting bit in the butt by an aggressive pig they cancelled their excursion. 

Some tips listed online:

1.  Do not feed the pigs on the beach, only in the water.

2.  Do not bring any kind of food with you to the beach

3.  Do not put your head under the water near the shoreline (you don't want to swallow the water since this is where they go to the bathroom...#1 and #2).    If anyone has open cut or abrasion make sure properly bandaged and clean up after you leave the area to avoid any possible infection.

A.   They say it is better to swim with them further out from the shoreline for cleaner water, if            possible.

4.  Do Not try to mount a pig, remember these are wild pigs and can be a bit aggressive if they are having a bad day

5.  Do not chase them or provoke them, again they can become quite aggressive 

6.  Do not run on the beach, you could end up with a bunch of pigs chasing after you

Follow the instructions given by tour guide on how to feed and play with the pigs and everyone should have a great day!

• Like 6

On 4/4/2024 at 11:57 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Anniversary Everyone.

Little late on the wishes, I've spent the last 2.5 days in the bathroom or bed with stomach flu.    Broke my fever this morning and slowly getting back my strength.   

So far everyone that was here Sunday for Eric's BD and Easter is fine.    Going to try to make it to the office tomorrow.  

Stay well😊

Sorry you've been feeling ill Debbie, get well soon 😊 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our Son Chris and Donna were going to do this last year but after Donna read about a couple of girls getting bit in the butt by an aggressive pig they cancelled their excursion. 

Some tips listed online:

1.  Do not feed the pigs on the beach, only in the water.

2.  Do not bring any kind of food with you to the beach

3.  Do not put your head under the water near the shoreline (you don't want to swallow the water since this is where they go to the bathroom...#1 and #2).    If anyone has open cut or abrasion make sure properly bandaged and clean up after you leave the area to avoid any possible infection.

A.   They say it is better to swim with them further out from the shoreline for cleaner water, if            possible.

4.  Do Not try to mount a pig, remember these are wild pigs and can be a bit aggressive if they are having a bad day

5.  Do not chase them or provoke them, again they can become quite aggressive 

6.  Do not run on the beach, you could end up with a bunch of pigs chasing after you

Follow the instructions given by tour guide on how to feed and play with the pigs and everyone should have a great day!

Good advice. I don't think I would enjoy an excursion like that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Around 6:00 pm, I felt an aftershock. This time, it felt like a sonic boon from a jet. Or dynamite blasting way off in the distance. House trembled for a few seconds & that was it.

If it wasn't for this morning quake, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.  Someone mentioned it was a 4.0 magnitude.

I heard that the late afternoon was in Suffolk County,NY.

My wife was playing mahjong last night in one of the clubhouses in our development and several people received phone calls from relatives during the course of the game that there were rumblings where they live,all on the eastern end of LI.

I live in Nassau County and everything was fine here last night.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Bad passing. Terrible shot percentage, no offensive rebounds...

That can happen in any game with any team.I played two seasons of organized basketball .My team had several very good players but had some very bad individual performances.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

0 for 6 from 3 for Clark.................little different when you have a great defender covering her.

First time in her college career she has failed to hit a 3pt shot in the 1st half of a game.

Don't think it really matters who wins this game anyway, South Carolina is way to good.

Carolina beat Indiana University by just 4 points earlier in the tournament.

They can be beaten .Even the best players occasionally have bad games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Carolina beat Indiana University by just 4 points earlier in the tournament.

They can be beaten .Even the best players occasionally have bad games.

Iowa is definitely the underdog, but I'm hoping!

image.thumb.png.7d12c6b3b82f9139ccad0b1eaaa17e26.png

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I learned some things about cats, this week, that I didn’t know.  

You may remember a few of my photos of Ricky, who lives with my daughter and her family.  Ricky, is arguably the strangest cat I have ever encountered.  Never once has he ever nipped or scratched anyone. 

IMG_0901.thumb.jpeg.c4c571d45de3848d0541603c8c4bb7fb.jpeg

This week, Ricky became very lethargic.  Not interested in food, wouldn’t play, and was not himself.  When they took him to the vet, they diagnosed him as anemic, and sent him to a facility in Ohio to have his blood typed.  Once typed, they had to find another facility that had his blood type to do a transfusion.  

I never knew there were such things as cat blood donors, or transfusions for cats. There is no such thing as a universal donor blood type for cats.  

They said that Ricky would not have survived another day if they had not acted so quickly.  He should be coming home today, from Akron, where he finally ended up for his transfusion.  

I know everyone will be overjoyed to see him return home.  They just wish he wasn’t bringing that $$$$ bill with him.  

I am glad Ricky is feeling better. I never thought about cats and dogs having blood types. I do recall that my Great Dane/Boxer mix dog was a regular blood donor. The vet just called one day and asked if I could bring him down to donate. And after that, he gave pretty regularly. I never asked, but they must have had dogs needing transfusions that were compatible. It was before computers, so we couldn't find out all these things. ☺️ 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Curious if Liberty Devitto will be on drums. Love him!!! 

“Liberty” DeVitto taught himself to play the drums after watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.He and Billy have been friends since 1974 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@Jimbo Caitlin Clark just proved you wrong about her. Might have not been her best game but Iowa prevailed. She will be a star in the WNBA! 

I agree with you re Caitlin.I have been following basketball since 1958.She is the best female player that I ever saw and better than a large percentage of male players that I saw and also played with.

14 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Iowa is definitely the underdog, but I'm hoping!

image.thumb.png.7d12c6b3b82f9139ccad0b1eaaa17e26.png

I played organized basketball for two seasons.My team played one afternoon against a team with three former NBA players.Our opponents were 100% sure that they would win and frankly so were the guys on my team.Somehow everybody on my team played better that day than ever previously and we won .The players were shocked and the people who saw the game were shocked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

9 out of 10 games that foul is not called at  the end of a game. It was probably only called because they wanted to make sure Clark made the finals so they can get the highest  TV rating  as possible.

That's probably what the ref thought in that split second.   The ref ..... I better call a foul so we get the highest rating possible!  😆  OH, and Clark will make the finals! Good thing a foul happened so the ref could call it and get their way!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sorry you've been feeling ill Debbie, get well soon 😊 

Thank you and everyone else that sent me wishes to get better soon.

I managed to go to work yesterday for full day.  I was exhausted by end of the day.    Still don't have much of an appetite but figure I will use that to my advantage for start of a spring time diet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you and everyone else that sent me wishes to get better soon.

I managed to go to work yesterday for full day.  I was exhausted by end of the day.    Still don't have much of an appetite but figure I will use that to my advantage for start of a spring time diet.

I'm pleased to hear you are feeling better Debbie.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have another Netflix series to recommend:Ripley.I binge watcher 8 episodes from Season 1.There might not be a Season 2 

Great writing and acting .Most reviewers gave the series a 10 out of 10.

Yes, this is a good one.  We have one more episode of season 1 to watch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I loved the medallion. Opens door when it senses you by it. Locked doors when you walked away out of the room. Everything hands free, ordered from venues to room or where ever else we were. And it was quite fast. This was on the Enchanted Princess. The hands free comes in great use when juggling plates of cheese and crackers brought from the buffet for some balcony enjoyment during sunset!😁

+ 1 on the hands free (and everything else).  

I think I’ve told this story before but when the kids were teens we were on Voyager and I did the cupcake decorating class (kids weren’t interested). I returned to the cabin to excitedly show the kids my icing effort - puppy dog cupcake.

I started opening the cabin door - in the juggle of door and plates  - the cupcake went flying and landed icing down in the cabin carpet.  My teens thought it was hilarious and it’s always the thing they remember most about the expensive NYE cruise 🤦‍♀️

• Like 5

I remember when that video of the “model” getting  bit by the pig on the beach in Barbados went viral.  Just googled it and the video comes up with a couple of other incidents in the water during tours.   Those bitten in the  water clearly didn’t follow the  advice posted by @Sunshine3601

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2