Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

@aussielozzie18 - Great pictures!  I've been fortunate to travel all over the world but have never been to Australia.  It is number 1 on my list of new places to visit.  Australia has so much to offer besides Sydney.

It certainly does and thanks to not being able to fly overseas right now, a lot of us Aussies including us are finally appreciating our own country!

• Like 5

@aussielozzie18

First of all welcome.

Love your pictures.

Question.

Is it true what I read that you grow big spiders in Australia?  I mean really BIG spiders?

Keep the photos coming.

I would love to visit, but flying over such a vast area of water to get there concerns me.

Stay healthy

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@aussielozzie18

First of all welcome.

Love your pictures.

Question.

Is it true what I read that you grow big spiders in Australia?  I mean really BIG spiders?

Keep the photos coming.

I would love to visit, but flying over such a vast area of water to get there concerns me.

Stay healthy

Hahaha.  We used to live in a house backing onto the bush and get regular visits from Huntsman spiders.  Harmless but as a big as a dinner plate. ( If you don’t have archnaphobia, google them) Hubby used to eradicate them with a cricket bat (hope no other Aussies read that!) lol.  The ones to worry about are red back spiders (they hide under bricks and under outdoor toilet seats) and funnel web spider.  Those two are deadly.  My daughter had a few hours in hospital recently and the poor guy in the bed next to her had been bitten by a funnel web. He was pretty sick. Thankfully there is anti-venom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@aussielozzie18

First of all welcome.

Love your pictures.

Question.

Keep the photos coming.

Stay healthy

My husband has a fear of flying.  He even did a fear of flying course at the airport.  There were 3 participants who failed. He was one of them so I understand your fear.

• Like 1

I have been on cc for years and never posted photos before so sorry for the photo spam but I am just so pleased to be able to do this and I have loved Graham & Pauline’s England photos and everyone’s US home and road trip/motorbike trip photos and Dani’s Tel Aviv photos, I just thought you might enjoy these. Anyways, here is the last ones from our recent holiday.  This is beautiful Berry Springs 45mins from Darwin on the way to Litchfield NP.  It’s only open in the dry season when (hopefully) all the crocodiles have been cleared out.  I loved it and could have stayed in the water for ages but we got there early with hardly anyone else there yet in the main pool - bottom photo - which was great for me but daughter was worried about it being “crocy” so she got out real quick.

B8C93BBD-5319-42A7-8FF3-6EEC101A260C.jpeg

125A16C7-89F8-4BBE-A876-311919F98B5E.jpeg

E7DEC7CE-5B74-423C-925F-3F131208CC11.jpeg

3E783AE3-0869-4598-B797-18D8693CEB59.jpeg

A32C51D8-7E30-4B44-AB8B-0BBEDFFF70E6.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It has a gorgeous swimming spot but alas it was closed due to crocodiles…

You surprised me with that sentence.  I had already read ahead in my mind that you would say closed due to Covid.  Crocodiles are also a good reason.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hello all.  Newbie here.  Very very late to your lovely long running thread.  Trying madly to catch up.  Up to page 795 (June).

Welcome.  I am glad you are enjoying this continuing novel.  Thanks for contributing.  Seeing that you are on page 795, I am sure by now you understand it’s a thread that is hard to walk away from.  By the time you read to this page, I am sure there will be more pages to enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Welcome.  I am glad you are enjoying this continuing novel.  Thanks for contributing.  Seeing that you are on page 795, I am sure by now you understand it’s a thread that is hard to walk away from.  By the time you read to this page, I am sure there will be more pages to enjoy.

I am worried that it might close before I catch up…since most of you are out of lockdown - I will try to do both catch up & read all the new posts.  It’s a fast moving thread.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am worried that it might close before I catch up…since most of you are out of lockdown - I will try to do both catch up & read all the new posts.  It’s a fast moving thread.

I would be surprised to see it close anytime soon.  We enjoy sharing together.

I noticed that you have cruised to Fiji.  Fiji is very high on our list to visit.  When my wife was a child, here family lived there several years.  One boy from Fiji became part of their family and moved to the states with them.

I need to Run off now and enjoy our last day at the lake.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hard to keep up😉

• Like 5

Headed back to Atlanta to watch GA game with family. Bella will get to meet Felix for the first time. I'm guessing Felix will be sporting a Georgia outfit. 

TSOTD is Georgia Bulldogs

20210904_093410.thumb.jpg.791dee772c9676902a354f2dffa41dde.jpg

Bella has one as well, need to pack it

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I would be surprised to see it close anytime soon.  We enjoy sharing together.

I noticed that you have cruised to Fiji.  Fiji is very high on our list to visit.  When my wife was a child, here family lived there several years.  One boy from Fiji became part of their family and moved to the states with them.

I need to Run off now and enjoy our last day at the lake.

yes, we did a 14 day cruise to Fiji & New Zealand.  We visited Lautoka which was beautiful and Suva where we paddled down river (where they filmed one of the Anaconda movies) and swam at a waterfall.  It was nice to have a taste of Fiji but would love to return and do a land trip.  Hope you get the opportunity to visit with your family especially as your wife lived there.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Last Sunday, we were at a 70's Soul Jam concert at the beautiful Mountain Winery in Saratoga that featured The Stylistics, Delfonics, Manhattans, Heat Wave, and Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes.It was great to hear those old songs again.  

Getting ready to go to our second concert there tonight.  Tower of Power!

7AD49A4A-B60D-47FB-9A9D-667E00C24B04_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.f3ebf09a862acb2a4dce29ae769ea44b.jpeg

37C7D8EA-1FF6-46DB-A493-D5CBBCD07446_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.11a5b26fc786c220c3c080054d690ed5.jpeg

9E66AD83-B28F-4411-8EE8-2449ABB1930D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3bec21b51dbe612a9a0b129d97c9f921.jpeg

940856E4-491A-44FA-9C49-F9E287DC7E3B_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.b17e4b0936694e544bdf54b3adbb7604.jpeg

Beautiful!!  And of course I can still hear Orson Wells saying......    😉 

15 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Getting ready to go to our second concert there tonight.  Tower of Power!

Love that band. I've seen them many times. Drummer David Garibaldi was a huge influence on me as a drummer growing up.

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Atlantic is at peace this evening as day begins its transition into night...

That would be my happy place.

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Double date dinner tonight at a local too pricey restaurant. I had the filet mignon in a black pepper fondue sauce.

F0DAEC90-01EC-45AF-8693-485F2160EA57.jpeg

Great pic of you guys. Food looks great. I know what you mean about expensive restaurants. It's like this is good but is it really that good?

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We visited the lighthouse today at Marblehead Ohio. A nice you man standing by took our family photo for us.

image.thumb.jpeg.d8eb23a3e1487e9dbbf3f837b0628bfa.jpeg

Love this picture. What a lovely family you have. I need to do a lighthouse tour around the country.

8 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Time to eat the In N Out Burger

"Animal Style" from the Not-So-Secret-Menu

Love animal style. Wish they would open a place here in the midwest.

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hello all.  Newbie here.  Very very late to your lovely long running thread.  

Welcome. Glad to have you.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Those were 4 magical days in Sydney.

20180128_172523.jpg

Great to see you. I really want to go Australia.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Our first stop was the beautiful Tolmer Falls

92257497-FAF1-4B16-B302-D8170CD77F6D.jpeg

Beautiful pictures. I need to visit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Headed back to Atlanta to watch GA game with family. Bella will get to meet Felix for the first time. I'm guessing Felix will be sporting a Georgia outfit. 

TSOTD is Georgia Bulldogs

20210904_093410.thumb.jpg.791dee772c9676902a354f2dffa41dde.jpg

Bella has one as well, need to pack it

I'm not a Georgia fan, but I AM a fan of anyone playing Clemson.  Go Dawgs!

But of course spending so many years in Ohio...OH...

• Like 1