Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

@Lionesss Question? 

After you freeze the corn, how do you heat it back up? 

Today bought bread/ butter sweet corn from farm. 50 ears. 
Quick boil 5 min

Ice bath

Double wrap Saran and freezer bag. 
Place  in freezer 

Enjoy all winter 

What do you with it after you take it out of the freezer?  We purchased some today that we might have to boil/freeze/store for a bit. Bill asked the question, and I said..."I don't know?" :classic_tongue: Thanks! :classic_biggrin:

My grandmother used to par boil her fresh sweet corn from the garden, then let it cool.  She sliced off the kernels and froze them in quart containers.  Defrosted, heated up again, and served...I could swear it was fresh out of the garden.  🙂 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Relaxing with Sharon down by the pier.  Wouldn’t it be nice to have a balcony like this on a cruise?

image.thumb.jpeg.f19eb4c796233b7cd4671831d93b4dfe.jpeg

Beautiful and relaxing picture!  🙂 

I am sure hoping it is indeed on a cruise for me..by end of November...my first (hopefully...maybe?) post Covid cruise.  

Until then...we are trying to pretend up here in Maine.  😉   First picture was off our suite at Bar Harbor Inn this past June for 25th anniversary.  🙂 Rest are rental homes from this summer.  

20210601_154904.jpg

20210614_133117.jpg

20210629_091116.jpg

20210725_095047.jpg

20210822_141145.jpg

• Like 17

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I know the word, or the phrase, but it refuses to come out...

You do a great job.  Let me tell you, from a guy that is 65 and grew up in the states, the same thing happens to me!  The older. I get, it doesn’t get any better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

My grandmother used to par boil her fresh sweet corn from the garden, then let it cool.  She sliced off the kernels and froze them in quart containers.  Defrosted, heated up again, and served...I could swear it was fresh out of the garden.  🙂 

When sweet corn kernels are cut off, I like eating the small pieces that remain on the cob.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, maggieq said:

What town do you live in?  We are in waldwick    Thankfully, our street and house are ok. Lower Bergen county, not so much. Had to turn around three times and then luckily get on the parkway home to avoid getting stuck due to flooding.  

we are hoping to get out on time tomorrow from EWR to FLL - hopefully boarding the Edge on  Saturday. 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...Bucky tries to stay in flip flops all year...but does have to change out when we go hiking.  😉 

Flip flops were my year around footwear too until this summer.  My foot still hasn’t got back to normal.  I probably need to get a boot and wear it awhile.

btw, I love the deck pics you posted!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

English is such a rich language. So many nuances. Especially when you'd want to convey the right feeling/sentiment.

You should think that if I read fluently, I'd write fluently too.... Nope. [not to mention my accent...]

So I try another one, "nearer"", a synonym, and by way of "elimination" ... bingo or Eureka 😁

I think your written English is excellent Dani.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, maggieq said:

We are in waldwick    Thankfully, our street and house are ok. Lower Bergen county, not so much. Had to turn around three times and then luckily get on the parkway home to avoid getting stuck due to flooding.  

we are hoping to get out on time tomorrow from EWR to FLL - hopefully boarding the Edge on  Saturday. 

We are about 7 or 8 miles south.  Have a great cruise!!

TSOTD for the grandkids = Cousins make the best friends.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed7c9c03ea57b70fad7b34fa99034666.jpeg

Their cousins haven’t made it down to the Lake yet but when the saw this pic, they ran to get ready!

Corrie "the driver" had a great day yesterday but I don’t think she realized that with her dad here now, she is not going to be driving on the way home.

image.thumb.jpeg.f4216eae476d02239c7d1d74465557f2.jpeg

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is what keeps me happy and thankful.  Some might remember the song My Girl.  I sing My Girls….. talkin about my girls, my girls.

Oh yea. Still love the Motown sound. "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day..."

Now that's a good song to have stuck in my pea brain. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Flip flops were my year around footwear too until this summer.  My foot still hasn’t got back to normal.  I probably need to get a boot and wear it awhile.

btw, I love the deck pics you posted!

Visiting freezing Hubbard Glacier on Radiance one year, Bucky wore a jacket and....flip flops.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So I try another one, "nearer"", a synonym, and by way of "elimination" ... bingo or Eureka

That describes what I went through after my stroke. Very frustrating; I was aphasic, but my mind was working! As my speech came back, I knew what I wanted to say, but there was a disconnect in my brain. I became very good at synonyms.
Even now, I have trouble with numbers and spelling. Fortunately, when you’re reading out a series of numbers, the person you’re reading it to thinks that you’re being very kind and careful by enunciating slowly and clearly!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

TSOTD for the grandkids = Cousins make the best friends.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed7c9c03ea57b70fad7b34fa99034666.jpeg

Their cousins haven’t made it down to the Lake yet but when the saw this pic, they ran to get ready!

Corrie "the driver" had a great day yesterday but I don’t think she realized that with her dad here now, she is not going to be driving on the way home.

image.thumb.jpeg.f4216eae476d02239c7d1d74465557f2.jpeg

What a lovely family! You are so blessed! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1