Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

That describes what I went through after my stroke. Very frustrating; I was aphasic, but my mind was working! As my speech came back, I knew what I wanted to say, but there was a disconnect in my brain. I became very good at synonyms.
Even now, I have trouble with numbers and spelling. Fortunately, when you’re reading out a series of numbers, the person you’re reading it to thinks that you’re being very kind and careful by enunciating slowly and clearly!

I'm so sorry to hear you had a stroke.

I hope you are fully recovered now.

Take care.

Graham 

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

TSOTD for the grandkids = Cousins make the best friends.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed7c9c03ea57b70fad7b34fa99034666.jpeg

Their cousins haven’t made it down to the Lake yet but when the saw this pic, they ran to get ready!

Corrie "the driver" had a great day yesterday but I don’t think she realized that with her dad here now, she is not going to be driving on the way home.

image.thumb.jpeg.f4216eae476d02239c7d1d74465557f2.jpeg

You have lovely grandkids too.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, maggieq said:

we are hoping to get out on time tomorrow from EWR to FLL - hopefully boarding the Edge on  Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Have a great cruise!!

Enjoy every minute of your cruise on the Edge, and warmest regards to Captain Kate and Bug 🥰

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is what keeps me happy and thankful.  Some might remember the song My Girl.  I sing My Girls….. talkin about my girls, my girls.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I can see why. Beautiful picture!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely girls.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful family.  

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

What a lovely family! You are so blessed! 

49 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Completely agree. @Ozark_Kidyour family is beautiful!

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You have lovely grandkids too.

Graham.

+1 ,  +1 

Enjoy your vacation with your 4 beautiful girls and grandkids to the fullest.

Time spent with them is priceless and full of everlasting memories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Oh yea. Still love the Motown sound. "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day..."

Now that's a good song to have stuck in my pea brain. 

"When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May". Apparently, I have a pea brain too"!

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

Completely agree. @Ozark_Kidyour family is beautiful!

I completely agree too.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear you had a stroke.

I hope you are fully recovered now.

Take care.

Graham 

Thank you, Graham. I’m as fully recovered as I’m going to be, which is almost completely. I had to give up my profession as a hospital pharmacist since numbers are important for that occupation. Simple math is fine, but higher order stuff isn’t. 
Still, life is pretty good. And I am free to travel to do anything that needs done- like caring for my daughter after the baby! 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Thank you, Graham. I’m as fully recovered as I’m going to be, which is almost completely. I had to give up my profession as a hospital pharmacist since numbers are important for that occupation. Simple math is fine, but higher order stuff isn’t. 
Still, life is pretty good. And I am free to travel to do anything that needs done- like caring for my daughter after the baby! 

I'm sorry to hear you had to give up your job but pleased to hear life is still pretty good for you and you are free to travel and able to care for your daughter.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We used to go every year and always stayed at the Tiki Resort. Cool place. Haven’t been in about 8 or so years.

We never stayed at the same place more than once.Our first summer in 1974 we stayed at the Melody Manor which was great except that they did not have AC and my wife was pregnant.Our room’s feature was that we had a lot of wind during the night.I think we were at the Tiki one summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I was never into Motown except for the Supremes.Many years ago they were in NY for a concert .I had a friend who from a distance could pass for Diana Ross.I was working on the 17th.floor of an office building in Manhattan .My friend who was with the Red Cross was in NY from SC to speak at the UN.She said that if I wanted to meet her for lunch she would pick me up in the stretch limo that was picking her up at JFK.I told my co-workers that I was having lunch with Diana Ross and told my friend to peek out of the limo.From the 17 floor it would be believable and it was.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was never into Motown except for the Supremes.Many years ago they were in NY for a concert .I had a friend who from a distance could pass for Diana Ross.I was working on the 17th.floor of an office building in Manhattan .My friend who was with the Red Cross was in NY from SC to speak at the UN.She said that if I wanted to meet her for lunch she would pick me up in the stretch limo that was picking her up at JFK.I told my co-workers that I was having lunch with Diana Ross and told my friend to peek out of the limo.From the 17 floor it would be believable and it was.

A lot of good music and genera's before the disco debacle (FUBAR), at least in my opinion. 😏

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Last Sunday, we were at a 70's Soul Jam concert at the beautiful Mountain Winery in Saratoga that featured The Stylistics, Delfonics, Manhattans, Heat Wave, and Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes.It was great to hear those old songs again.  

Getting ready to go to our second concert there tonight.  Tower of Power!

7AD49A4A-B60D-47FB-9A9D-667E00C24B04_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.f3ebf09a862acb2a4dce29ae769ea44b.jpeg

37C7D8EA-1FF6-46DB-A493-D5CBBCD07446_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.11a5b26fc786c220c3c080054d690ed5.jpeg

9E66AD83-B28F-4411-8EE8-2449ABB1930D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3bec21b51dbe612a9a0b129d97c9f921.jpeg

940856E4-491A-44FA-9C49-F9E287DC7E3B_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.b17e4b0936694e544bdf54b3adbb7604.jpeg

• Like 13

21 hours ago, mets07 said:

Here is the end of our street....

20210902_113225.jpg

Ida definitely took her toll on the Northeast as well as Louisiana.

In N.Y. between 13 & 18 people drowned in their basement apartments due to rapidly rising waters.

Here in CT, a State Trooper's vehicle was swept away so fast by a rising river, that he just barely had time to issue a MAYDAY over his radio. His cruiser was found almost completely submerged entangled in rocks and tree branches. He wasn't found until hours later, but unfortunately, he succumbed to his injuries.

God Bless all Law Enforcement Agencies and First Responders.

• Like 7

Had a interesting afternoon in Denver, took my 95year old mom to her favorite restaurant , huge rain and hail storm on our short drive back was raining so hard we could not see a few feet in front of us , luckily this was when we were pulling into parking lot, luckily hail was small.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Here in CT, a State Trooper's vehicle was swept away so fast by a rising river, that he just barely had time to issue a MAYDAY over his radio. His cruiser was found almost completely submerged entangled in rocks and tree branches. He wasn't found until hours later, but unfortunately, he succumbed to his injuries.

So tragic and so very sad 😢

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 1:49 PM, lenquixote66 said:

My niece in Westchester had her first floor of the house flooded.The pump was not functioning so she and her two sons were using pails.
Sorry about your basement.

It is all cleared out, we were lucky.  I used to use the pail method, very tiring.  CC has kept me off for awhile so I will see how long I get to stay.

• Like 1

We made “smashburgers” tonight.  They were fantastic and we wolfed them down so no pictures.  I was thinking of buying a Blackstone propane powered griddle but didn’t want to crowd our patio or deck.  Then I came up with the idea to just use the cast iron griddle I have, putting it right onto our gas grill.  It worked great.  Here’s a pic of the first time we tried using it in the grill, when DH & grandson made breakfast on it.  

7AA98501-DC30-4669-AD82-CDB46CFF928F.png

• Like 9