Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

After her tumble, I thought the name on this sign was appropriate. 

56C21EE6-81AD-4053-AB93-38C9BB337B16.thumb.jpeg.87a25c9966680a681be2d1f74c84c98d.jpeg

It was about this time that we got a text from our daughter (just before we lost cell service), with a photo of our grandkids hiking today. 

94A23A1B-B285-49FE-B37A-462365314A6F.thumb.jpeg.8fd0dd3f9bf29014385f85a77278f960.jpeg

It appears they were hiking the same area today, because these rocks look familiar. 

661D12F9-A5B3-4943-88B2-E7EA0CEA7432.thumb.jpeg.a492b8a1871dd5b932a57e0b34fa539f.jpeg

So now, just a few more photos from the hike. 

Trying out the long exposure softening on the iPhone.  The stream was still muddy from Ida. 

75834796-2AD3-4570-A7CE-B4538A68C909.thumb.jpeg.3ee9c15a5de657574fafca44545e91cb.jpeg

The stream has massive rocks deposited when the glaciers came through. 

F9C38055-D353-4CFE-8E02-FC880AD8A79C.thumb.jpeg.70e12e24616abbcb621896271edadd7f.jpeg

One of the steep sections of the trail

17F35145-CE39-4343-BA46-250C0A6864EF.thumb.jpeg.1eddf409cf5fea8ab4c3f594f6f10830.jpeg

Susan was enjoying the serenity of the moment. 

7DDA6FAC-A7BD-4F42-B17A-C8E62272A4FF.thumb.jpeg.74561bb62e69d338ee43ddf6f2ead622.jpeg

Looking at a covered bridge over the stream as we make our way out of the trail

BBB11255-0CCB-4A5E-BFBE-AD79DFA3392C.thumb.jpeg.bc3f96b22fa7d9d0ddf9d6cd96bfcd43.jpeg

More of the covered bridge

8A352EEF-5E32-49F4-A1CB-F3A0BA319C4B.thumb.jpeg.2c5ca7e8fdf76e634cf25e1f31c222b2.jpeg

And the inside trusses give a unique perspective 

6ABBB5B2-09DD-4B04-BD01-2F7B02DE7032.thumb.jpeg.de0746c6f92f85ba79209be5e1eedc71.jpeg

And past the old mill to finish the hike. 

CECA618C-3A51-46CF-8BFE-A91184DED933.thumb.jpeg.2f33c07a06d20a87958d62443b7dad12.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad that we bought a newish SUV back in October before all the shortages. We won't be shopping again for a while. 

And I parboiled and froze some corn yesterday with @Lionesss instructions! :classic_biggrin: We had planned to have our neighbors over for a BBQ tomorrow and had purchased a tri tip roast, corn, potatoes, snacks. But it is cancelled now; because we are now on week 5 of the 3 to 5 day deck repair and refinishing job. The contractor informed us on Thursday that it would not be finished by Labor Day weekend....and he is going on vacation to Mexico for a week. :classic_rolleyes: He will finish when he returns. 

So I guess we will BBQ then.  :classic_smile:

• Like 4

Welcome, aussielozzie18.  Beautiful pictures!  That is one huge spider!

@dani, Bonnie & Lenny, thank you all for explaining the different Sephardi and Ashkenazi Jewish Sects and cultures.  Very interesting.  That's what I love about this thread.  We are always learning something new!

Marietta, Wishing your granddaughter a Happy 7th Birthday!  Two of my grandchildren are celebrating their birthdays today;  my granddaughter's Sweet 16, and my grandson's 18th.  They are brother and sister.

@SeaDog..Greg, so glad you've been able to get your booster before you cruise.

@Ozark kid...what a beautiful family you have!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now that the grandkids are back in school, and we find ourselves with some free time, we decided to hike a section of the North Country Trail today.   The NCT stretches from Lake Sakakawea in North Dakota, through Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and ends at the Green Mountain National Forest in Vermont. 

We only did a little over 5 miles on the trail today, but we have hiked most of the route between the arrows from the NY border to part way into Ohio.  

Parts of the trail are very rugged. We were not very far in before Susan took a tumble and aggravated a shoulder injury she has been going through PT for, for the past 8 months.  Trooper that she is, she shook it off, and we pushed on. 

I hope Susan't not hurting this evening after her tumble.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@dani, Bonnie & Lenny, thank you all for explaining the different Sephardi and Ashkenazi Jewish Sects and cultures.  Very interesting.  That's what I love about this thread.  We are always learning something new!

Marietta, Wishing your granddaughter a Happy 7th Birthday!  Two of my grandchildren are celebrating their birthdays today;  my granddaughter's Sweet 16, and my grandson's 18th.  They are brother and sister.

Happy Birthday to your grandkids.How can we have grand kids so old when we are so young ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are trying to buy a new SUV. Nothing we want is available😱!!!!!!!! and everythiing else is thousands over MSRP.

Better be looking at Royal Caribbean's ships for sale at that rate and put wheels on them!

I am used to seeing the dealer lots overflowing with new models and sales on prev yr models but most of the dealer lots near me are slim pickings.   I hear even used car market is tough.  A friend at work was looking for used car for her son this summer and everything was either crap or so expensive she gave up the search for now.  

• Like 4

Besides the slim pickings and high prices, people will have to be very careful that the car they are now looking to buy hasn't been affected by the flooding.  I've read of many times cars have been all cleaned up after having flooded...electronic systems can break down even though everything looks fine.  Buyer beware.🧐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am used to seeing the dealer lots overflowing with new models and sales on prev yr models but most of the dealer lots near me are slim pickings.

We are seeing the same here.  We were just commenting today about how the local Honda dealer only had about 20 vehicles on the lot.  It wasn’t that long ago that all the dealers were using an abandoned mall to store excess inventory. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Maryann, happy sweet 16 birthday to your granddaughter and happy 18th birthday to your grandson.  Bet you're wondering where the time has gone!  I know I do with mine.

Sorry you had the dreaded CC lockout but glad you're back!

• Like 1

Owen’s team won both their ball games today. Knocked out the second place team in their regular season division. They play tomorrow at 12 for first or second overall. the first place team has a game tomorrow morning at 9am against the last place team. 

It has been a long dusty day today. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s team won both their ball games today. Knocked out the second place team in their regular season division. They play tomorrow at 12 for first or second overall. the first place team has a game tomorrow morning at 9am against the last place team. 

It has been a long dusty day today. 

That’s great news! Owen must be tired but happy!

48 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

1st September is the start of spring for us.  This beautiful specimen is The Waratah, our state emblem, which you might see when bushwalking here right now.

142A6DB1-3456-41EA-A269-9DC1E50BA960.jpeg

I just found some of my Aussie photos, most are in storage. Yours are much better than mine, mine were taken with my old Kodak. 
I only got to visit Sydney, Canberra, and Melbourne, and wish I could have seen so much more. 
The last photo is an elderly kangaroo lying in the sun enjoying retirement!

D3EDC8AC-EAF5-477B-8ED7-A6B46AFE4616.jpeg

D2F58F20-ED94-4D76-8B0C-32892D36D5F7.jpeg

D8669E19-433C-48F5-A261-B83237AD8B19.jpeg

53DE1BF2-2F79-4F08-B92E-BB21BD8249C1.jpeg

• Like 11

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I really should be asleep but since @lionessasked.  Here is a Huntsman.  Having one in your house isn’t so bad.  It’s when you are driving down the freeway and one of these appears at the edge of your windscreen on the inside of the car that life becomes stressful….(not my photo not my house but photo taken here in Sydney)

9A15E6F0-3A9D-48C9-8674-4BE0A7C686E1.jpeg

😮 Well, I DID want to visit Australia.

That looks like a Hallowe’en trick spider!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We lived in Adelaide for 4 years.  Lovely city.  Hope you & Pauline are able to visit her cousin in the future when things return to normal here.

Thanks.

They are phoning or texting each other every day.

Doreen and Martin emigrated in 2005 and have been back to the UK several times to see family and friends.

We were going to go to Australia in 2020 but covid19 prevented that.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy birthday wishes for your granddaughter and grandson today.

• Like 1

TSOTD is from Aruba .My wife and I were there in 2010 on a cruise and also 2019.

This is the last of the cruise/travel destinations that I will be posting about here.

Tomorrow begins music tee shirts,some of which are very unique.

The following week will be message tee shirts and the week after that miscellaneous..I look forward to posting about all of them.

• Like 3