Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy birthday to your wife.  Hope she has many more. 

@lenquixote66

+1 🎂

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@DaniDanielle I hope everyone's grandchildren are having wonderful birthday weekend celebrations!     

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday wishes for your granddaughter and grandson today.

+1 🎂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No drama queens here either. Everything is good with HH. 🍷

Healthy, yes. Baby 😂. The song "Hey Baby, they're playing our song", by the Buckingham's just entered my pea brain.

OK...here ya go...in case it slid out of your head.  Hey, these guys look about our age now!!  😉 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was also wondering how the fire started.  Let's see if Capt Sandy pops his huge blister (painful and gross!).    Hopefully this weeks episode will be more lively with some drama.

This season is not doing it for me.  I think the rest of the crew is worried Delaney will cut into their tips! Did yiu notice Lexi introduced her as Deloney to the guests!

• Like 2

Sharon and a couple of daughters and a couple gkids had birthdays within the last couple weeks.  Trying to be careful not to get the vacation canceled again we decided to celebrate them all while at the lake. Also, he couple we cruise with sent a small gift for everyone to enjoy so we all had something to open.

image.thumb.jpeg.9d11a90288da60f132b451068cb1a037.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ebde9845a73b1e9a5d77e735c42066b0.jpeg

I think Sarah forgot she had her birthday 🥳 hat still on when they went to the pier!  Knowing her maybe not. 🤔 

image.thumb.jpeg.dad4605de206c9f27e5f12b53f6bc4ca.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Today we are riding back with our youngest daughter and SIL.  I am so glad I listen to a lot of classic rock with the girls while they were young. They just played Hotel California.  Not as load as I would play it.

You have a lovely family.

I really enjoy looking at all the pictures posted on this thread!

• Thanks 2

We are traveling back in 3 vehicles. We stopped for Skyline in Cincinnati. We were able to meet up with Sharon"s brother and SIL and my nephew and his wife.

image.thumb.jpeg.c45ea2a873a88a31b0721e9d411f6288.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4603ef5f203298107737d9699c5585a1.jpeg

Caden’s family stopped in Columbus to eat at Skyline.

image.thumb.jpeg.800b0a9802fbde22ba5e73993f46ab94.jpeg

Corrie and Z’s family at the Reds stadium.  Yep, dad’s a big Red’s fan so they stopped to eat and take in a couple innings.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d1225d9b15b7980290868a72cf08935.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0b92ad774af8d4fc27770a0bfc174168.jpeg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@DaniDanielle I hope everyone's grandchildren are having wonderful birthday weekend celebrations!     

I recently heard that school doesn't start in NYC till 9.13 - I never knew they started that much later than us in PA.    We used to start the day after Labor Day but this year they started last Monday and then ended up having off Thursday and Friday because of all the flooding.    

We had beautiful weather the last couple of days, today is mostly cloudy but thank god the humidity is gone.    People drying out definitely need this dry weather.

Our Catholic school, where my daughter teaches, starts the 8th.  Public schools start the 13th.

Thank goodness the weather held, we had to have the flashing redone on the chimney.  Now we are finished drying out and cleaning up!!!!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are traveling back in 3 vehicles. We stopped for Skyline in Cincinnati. We were able to meet up with Sharon"s brother and SIL and my nephew and his wife.

image.thumb.jpeg.c45ea2a873a88a31b0721e9d411f6288.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4603ef5f203298107737d9699c5585a1.jpeg

Caden’s family stopped in Columbus to eat at Skyline.

image.thumb.jpeg.800b0a9802fbde22ba5e73993f46ab94.jpeg

Are they plates of pasta?  Grandson looks very happy with his meal

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They serve a 3 way, 4 way and 5 way.  This is how Skyline describes it.

3 way

Our signature dish – steaming spaghetti covered with our original secret-recipe chili and topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

4-Way

A 3-Way with diced onions or beans.

5-Way

A 3-Way with diced onions and beans.
There chili is known to have chocolate and cinnamon mixed in it.

The other dish we get is

Cheese Coney

Skyline’s classic Cheese Coney is a specially made hot dog in a steamed bun with mustard, covered with our original secret-recipe chili, diced onions and a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

In the 70’s that was their 2 main dishes.  Now they have other stuff but we stop for the traditional meals.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

18 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Plates of cheese!!

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What was the dish covered in grated cheese? You had me at cheese.

Oh, just seen the answers... I was thinking egg noodles 😳

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They serve a 3 way, 4 way and 5 way.  This is how Skyline describes it.

3 way

Our signature dish – steaming spaghetti covered with our original secret-recipe chili and topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

4-Way

A 3-Way with diced onions or beans.

5-Way

A 3-Way with diced onions and beans.
There chili is known to have chocolate and cinnamon mixed in it.

The other dish we get is

Cheese Coney

Skyline’s classic Cheese Coney is a specially made hot dog in a steamed bun with mustard, covered with our original secret-recipe chili, diced onions and a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

In the 70’s that was their 2 main dishes.  Now they have other stuff but we stop for the traditional meals.

Omg, they all sound good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

@Ozark_Kid That looks and sounds amazing.

We like it and usually over eat it when we are here.  Most Skyline locations are in Ohio. There a few others outside the state.  Some locals in Cincinnati serve a similar dish and call it Cincinnati Chili.  I have been able lately to find Skyline chili mix packages at some Kroger stores in the south.  Amazon has it sometimes too.  The first time we stopped this trip Caden said he thinks he likes mom’s better.   But he also gives my pizza an A- and mom’s an A+.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Omg, they all sound good.

Maybe the next time you head to Ohio, check out the closest Skyline.  If you find one I would recommend starting with a small one.  I have a hard time getting the medium size down, especially if my eyes are two big and I had the Coney dog.  Hard to pass up the steamed buns.

• Like 2

I discovered a new CC trick which might help when trying to post a pic when cruising and the internet is slow.  Right now my iPad is connected to my phone using hotspot.  We go through areas where the service is not the best.  I tried to post a pic that was 3.6mb. It was timing out before it would load.  I figured it was the size so I opened the pic, did a screen shot, and then cropped it to look like the original.  The size then was 1.8 mb.  Others I did ended up about.5mb.  The quality was near the same.  I’m sure if viewed on a big screen you could tell the difference. Time consuming but gives me something to do riding Home…. Really knowing CC, who knows why it worked the second time 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, happy sweet 16 birthday to your granddaughter and happy 18th birthday to your grandson.  Bet you're wondering where the time has gone!  I know I do with mine.

Sorry you had the dreaded CC lockout but glad you're back!

Thank you, Bonnie!  Good to be back😉  I missed you guys!

• Like 1