Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Maybe the next time you head to Ohio, check out the closest Skyline.

Only 54 miles to the nearest one for me.  A road trip to Ohio may be in the works soon. As an added bonus, gas prices in Ohio are usually about 40 cents per gallon less than here in Pennsylvania. 

• Like 4

Susan got a few bruises from the tumble, but she was ready to go again today.  Told her I would not take her on any rough terrain for a while.  So today, we walked a nice, smooth bike / walking trail. 

81023D14-BDF2-40E1-966F-9A9B7B29F57D.thumb.jpeg.a8558d00681785c4152dec08573943bd.jpeg

Not much scenery on this one, and the wildlife was sparse.  I did spot one of these 

0802CDE7-6F24-4836-957E-28B9BDF1E345.thumb.jpeg.50ac8523edbfa9e0be57dbc23ddeb2a6.jpeg

I think the banding means it will be an easy winter. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday wishes for your granddaughter and grandson today.

Thank you, Graham!

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good morning everyone .The reason I am on here so early is that my family and I will be celebrating my wife’s birthday this afternoon.It is not a special year for her but people tell us that every year beyond 70 is a special year.

Happy Birthday to your better half!!

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are on the road headed home.  Before we left Caden said he was trying to decide what he liked more, Disney or Lakeside.  Then he said without family both would be less fun.

who’s not driving today?  Me and …..

image.thumb.jpeg.5e35a89ff94a7f442cb5f1787aa9cd23.jpeg

Caden sounds like a really great kid!

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

He is.

He says thanks. The team we are playing is the league leader and his team is not. He is aware of how hard it will be, but he is ready to bring his best.

Let’s hope the rest of the team is too. 🤞 

We all know how Owen always brings his best to the game!!  WTG Owen!

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@DaniDanielle I hope everyone's grandchildren are having wonderful birthday weekend celebrations!     

I recently heard that school doesn't start in NYC till 9.13 - I never knew they started that much later than us in PA.    We used to start the day after Labor Day but this year they started last Monday and then ended up having off Thursday and Friday because of all the flooding.    

Three of our grandsons will be going back to school this Tuesday, the 7th, and one granddaughter starts a day or two after that, here in Jersey.  Our birthday granddaughter started last Wednesday in Ct., and our oldest granddaughter heads back to Fairfield College tomorrow.  Our oldest grandson left for his first year in College at Villanova more than a week ago.

This was my fourth attempt to multiple quote.  Oy!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Is it that just anyone can go to a CVS and ask for the booster? Are there any priority catgories or wait times from the second shot?

Also have to get the flu shot.

I also have to get my second Shingrex shot in a couple of months.  I've never gotten as many shots as this year, between the 2 Moderna shots, my first Shingrex,  the Flu shot, and then a Booster...good grief!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@DaniDanielle I hope everyone's grandchildren are having wonderful birthday weekend celebrations!     

I recently heard that school doesn't start in NYC till 9.13 - I never knew they started that much later than us in PA.    We used to start the day after Labor Day but this year they started last Monday and then ended up having off Thursday and Friday because of all the flooding.    

We had beautiful weather the last couple of days, today is mostly cloudy but thank god the humidity is gone.    People drying out definitely need this dry weather.

One of my daughters is a NYC school teacher.She said that classes start on Sept.9.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our Catholic school, where my daughter teaches, starts the 8th.  Public schools start the 13th.

Thank goodness the weather held, we had to have the flashing redone on the chimney.  Now we are finished drying out and cleaning up!!!!

Marietta, sorry you had the flooding problem, but so glad you are finished drying out.  Did you have a lot of damage?  I know Staten Island got hit really hard, luckily my family members were fortunate with this storm.  Our daughter in Ct. had to have work done on her chimney also...  

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon and a couple of daughters and a couple gkids had birthdays within the last couple weeks.  Trying to be careful not to get the vacation canceled again we decided to celebrate them all while at the lake. Also, he couple we cruise with sent a small gift for everyone to enjoy so we all had something to open.

image.thumb.jpeg.9d11a90288da60f132b451068cb1a037.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ebde9845a73b1e9a5d77e735c42066b0.jpeg

I think Sarah forgot she had her birthday 🥳 hat still on when they went to the pier!  Knowing her maybe not. 🤔 

image.thumb.jpeg.dad4605de206c9f27e5f12b53f6bc4ca.jpeg

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Sharon, your daughters, and grandchildren!  The majority of our family birthdays are in May and September.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I discovered a new CC trick which might help when trying to post a pic when cruising and the internet is slow.  Right now my iPad is connected to my phone using hotspot.  We go through areas where the service is not the best.  I tried to post a pic that was 3.6mb. It was timing out before it would load.  I figured it was the size so I opened the pic, did a screen shot, and then cropped it to look like the original.  The size then was 1.8 mb.  Others I did ended up about.5mb.  The quality was near the same.  I’m sure if viewed on a big screen you could tell the difference. Time consuming but gives me something to do riding Home…. Really knowing CC, who knows why it worked the second time 😂 

This is all Greek to me! LOL!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Game update…

The team is warming up, and yes, that is the same water tower from soccer photos in the background. 

503B4188-80AE-43FB-84EB-4ED52FB9969A.thumb.jpeg.b4199e007deec3d57770e90b5d3a44af.jpeg

Post game team huddle. 

DAC7898C-D75A-42EA-A0A0-AAFF39FBCFBB.thumb.jpeg.ddf6972634606071f0e1e7bcb228a6e0.jpeg

Unfortunately Owen’s team lost 13-6, but they gave it one heck of a go. Being the away team didn’t help but it’s ball. 

The team they lost to mercied the three other teams they played over the weekend. They only lost two games all season, by one run each. As Owen said, second place to this team is like being the people’s champion. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We like it and usually over eat it when we are here.  Most Skyline locations are in Ohio. There a few others outside the state.  Some locals in Cincinnati serve a similar dish and call it Cincinnati Chili.  I have been able lately to find Skyline chili mix packages at some Kroger stores in the south.  Amazon has it sometimes too.  The first time we stopped this trip Caden said he thinks he likes mom’s better.   But he also gives my pizza an A- and mom’s an A+.  

Publix has frozen Skyline chili. 
I tried it once in the Cincinnati airport. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Sharon, your daughters, and grandchildren!  The majority of our family birthdays are in May and September.

We have 3 birthdays and 1 anniversary in January.In 2022 we will have birthdays and anniversaries hitting milestones:

Jan.19 one of my son in laws will be 50

Jan.20 my sister in law will be 80

Jan.22 will be my 55th.wedding anniversary

June 27 my oldest granddaughter will be 18

July 31 my oldest daughter and husband will be celebrating their 25th.anniversary

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have 3 birthdays and 1 anniversary in January.In 2022 we will have birthdays and anniversaries hitting milestones:

Jan.19 one of my son in laws will be 50

Jan.20 my sister in law will be 80

Jan.22 will be my 55th.wedding anniversary

June 27 my oldest granddaughter will be 18

July 31 my oldest daughter and husband will be celebrating their 25th.anniversary

Happy Celebrations Lenny!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Marietta, sorry you had the flooding problem, but so glad you are finished drying out.  Did you have a lot of damage?  I know Staten Island got hit really hard, luckily my family members were fortunate with this storm.  Our daughter in Ct. had to have work done on her chimney also...  

no real damage, just annoying cleaning. The pump did a good job! Our basement is unfinished and there isn’t much down there worth worrying about.  The chimney needed to be done anyway apparently and we were lucky enough to find someone who came today.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Game update…

The team is warming up, and yes, that is the same water tower from soccer photos in the background. 

503B4188-80AE-43FB-84EB-4ED52FB9969A.thumb.jpeg.b4199e007deec3d57770e90b5d3a44af.jpeg

Post game team huddle. 

DAC7898C-D75A-42EA-A0A0-AAFF39FBCFBB.thumb.jpeg.ddf6972634606071f0e1e7bcb228a6e0.jpeg

Unfortunately Owen’s team lost 13-6, but they gave it one heck of a go. Being the away team didn’t help but it’s ball. 

The team they lost to mercied the three other teams they played over the weekend. They only lost two games all season, by one run each. As Owen said, second place to this team is like being the people’s champion. 

I’m sure Owen’s team gave it their all. 
Doing your best when you know the probable outcome is the mark of a champion. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That’s how I feel!

I’m getting there too.  We are getting close. That means the roads are now more up and down and curves. Should make it home in about in hour…… oops SIL just missed a turn 😂 We like to make it back home before dark.  

• Like 1