Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan got a few bruises from the tumble, but she was ready to go again today.  Told her I would not take her on any rough terrain for a while.  So today, we walked a nice, smooth bike / walking trail. 

81023D14-BDF2-40E1-966F-9A9B7B29F57D.thumb.jpeg.a8558d00681785c4152dec08573943bd.jpeg

Not much scenery on this one, and the wildlife was sparse.  I did spot one of these 

0802CDE7-6F24-4836-957E-28B9BDF1E345.thumb.jpeg.50ac8523edbfa9e0be57dbc23ddeb2a6.jpeg

I think the banding means it will be an easy winter. 

That sounds good to me, I hope the Caterpillar is right about that!

Sorry about her bruises, the nice walk probably helped her from stiffening up.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Graham!

Happy Birthday to your better half!!

Caden sounds like a really great kid!

We all know how Owen always brings his best to the game!!  WTG Owen!

Three of our grandsons will be going back to school this Tuesday, the 7th, and one granddaughter starts a day or two after that, here in Jersey.  Our birthday granddaughter started last Wednesday in Ct., and our oldest granddaughter heads back to Fairfield College tomorrow.  Our oldest grandson left for his first year in College at Villanova more than a week ago.

This was my fourth attempt to multiple quote.  Oy!!!

Villanova is a great college with a beautiful campus too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

17 minutes left in this long trip and a deer runs out in front of us!  SIL avoided hitting it,…..this time.

Over the years I have had two run ins with deers. They survived both. Fortunately, with a little body work, so did both cars.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

They only lost two games all season, by one run each. As Owen said, second place to this team is like being the people’s champion. 

Great attitude Own. Congratulations on a great season. You are a proud father.

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love lighthouses...

I too have a fascination with Lighthouses. I've always wanted to live in one. Did you ever see the movie "The Lighthouse" with Willem Dafoe? Pretty darn scary.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

17 minutes left in this long trip and a deer runs out in front of us!  SIL avoided hitting it,…..this time.

Be safe!  My son had an accident with a large buck.  He didn't hit it, it hit him!  He was leaving work after dark and as he pulled out of the parking lot, this huge buck ran out of the woods and into the side of his SUV.  I was on the phone with him at the time and heard the massive crash.  Dang thing got up and ran away, leaving the passenger side door of my son's Explorer completely caved in, dent on the rear quarter panel, bodily fluids and a large scratch from his antlers on the drivers door.  I forget the total cost of repairs but it was crazy.  They had to replace the door because it was so bent.  Luckily, he wasn't on the highway yet.  If he was going any speed, it likely would have flipped the SUV.  Policeman tried to go find the buck as he felt he might need to put it down.

• Like 4

The Monday after Thanksgiving in Ohio is the first day for deer hunting (with guns).

However, my brother and I managed to bag two deer within 30 min of each other late on that day.

To make a short story long.

I was driving on rte 11 and he was driving on I 680.

At approximately 8pm his little mustang bagged an average size deer.  He was lucky only some fender and hood damage.

At approximately 8:30 pm me in my Ford Granada (I hated that car, but it was all I could afford), found a large deer, and my car suffered  smashed windshield, bumper and roof dents.

I drove home.

We both still lived at home and on our parents insurance.

My mom called the "good hands people" and once they got done saying about 10 times, two deer in one night!!!!!! They approved the claim. No questions asked. 

So technically I got my first deer when I was 20 years old.  

Be safe

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Over the years I have had two run ins with deers. They survived both. Fortunately, with a little body work, so did both cars.

Last year the SIL that just brought  us home drove to Huntsville Alabama to join family for a Christmas get together.  The morning he left he installed his first dash camera he got for Christmas.  About a 1/2 hour before Huntsville a deer ran out and he hit it.  No one was hurt but the car was totaled and it was all caught on the new cam!  The good thing they got a new Highlander and don’t have to deal with the current car shortage.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Watched Below Deck Friday. I agree it was kinda boring. I don't know why Katie is so worried about Delaney. She may be green but she doesn't seem to mind doing laundry. Seems like she has a positive attitude about it but then again it helps to know that you will getting tips. Still not sure how Matt had that kitchen fire. It looked like a tray with food on it. I assume some sort of grease fire but you never saw where the tray came from.

Someone may have already posted this reply. I haven't read to the end of the thread.

Mat had a tray on the stove to keep the food warm. The temp dial is touchy and went from 1 to 10 - they're next to each other on the dial. It either by the vibration of the boat or he may have misread the numbers . I don't remember. I think it was a grease fire so putting water on it was pretty stupid.

Lexi's nose is out of joint now that there's no titles for the stews. Funny to watch.

The last 2 episodes have been quite boring.

• Like 2

The Lighthouse movie I did watch and enjoy was The Light Between Oceans with Michael Fassbender, Alicia Vikander & Rachel Weiss.  I loved the book it was based on of the same name by LM Stedman.  An emotional read & watch.  One of better adaptations from book to screen. Cape Campbell Lighthouse on the tip of the South Island of New Zealand was the one used in the movie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🌷 To those celebrating the New Jewish Year this evening, wishing you a happy and healthy one 🌷

DH is in the kitchen since yesterday morning --

stuffed fish - check

chopped liver - check

chicken soup - nope [too hot today]

apple slices dipped in honey - check [for a sweet new year]

I see a nice chunk of meat in marinade waiting to be prepared, along with baby potatoes.

The tradition calls also for a honey cake...

But the kids asked for my chocolate soufflé, and I was more than happy to oblige...

My "share" being done, I'm off to the swimming pool, since for the next 2 days of holiday it will be closed 😉

DSC_4743_stitch.jpg

• Like 22