Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips
,

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Sheal said:

The flights for April, 2020 were just as bad schedule wise and the cost was just as much.  I took a hit of over $1400 for our two flights this morning, PVD-FLL for our Symphony cruise and realized I didn't purchase the EB. We have traveled with the same family for 12 years (different one than the BI family, LOL) who have a junior now in HS.  That kid has cost us thousands of extra dollars in airfare.  LOL. 

 

Adding salt to the wound is the fact that I am currently sitting on $1600 of SW credit due to expire between 12/8 and 1/8/22. I tried to use the credit last December for a trip to Aruba in January.  That was doomed when they announced 10 days prior to departure that one needed a covid test before returning to the US.  Of course I could not leave the dog for potentially 3 weeks if both of us tested positive. 

 

I am going to a) try to find a dog  sitter who knows the ins and outs of a dog with IVDD and is available to administer drugs 3 times a day.  B) is to call and beg that SW extends the travel date.  I also need to book airfare for our February cruise.  I didn't even bother looking for that this morning.  I was too busy trying to get the balance of my credit for the price drop that occurred Tuesday night.

 

Wish me luck!

 

Check with your vet. Ours has techs that dog sit. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ohhh - that would me nice to meet you and Charlie.     We were looking at switching to either 1.20 or 1.31 on Anthem for the 11 nighter.   We really like the itinerary, especially love St. Maarten and Antigua and we have not yet made it on a cruise to San Juan yet.  

 

Pretty sure we are going to cancel our Oasis 9.26 sailing and just be happy with going to LBI for the month of October.     

 

I wonder if I can move funds from the Oasis sailing and combine the funds from our Grandeur Barbados sailing to use for a nice suite on Anthem sailing in January.     that would really confuse the phone rep. 😁

Go for it.  Love to sail with you two.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stocked food in land yacht...check.  Hair cuts yesterday for both of us..check.  Dentist for cleaning both of us today...check.  Flu shot both of us...check. Six month blood test for doc appointments later...check.  Meds refilled...check.  New Pub style Florida room dining set assembled and set up...check.  Land yacht all washed, checked over, and looking good for her trip...check. 

 

OK...what's next?  Oh...that's right close to happy hour soon!  🙂 🍷

 

Schedule for "sail away" set for land yacht noon on Saturday. Let the next adventure begin!  😄 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is really cool seating with legs in water like wading by the pool.     This whole area looks amazing.     I wonder if all these perfect looking people are here on CC too😂

I was going to book MSc yacht club for November 2022 might try this instead , but MSc still has better perks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

JetBlue has some decent flights out of BDL. I don't love the extra driving time compared to PVD but that may have to be my option.

Funny you mention that.  I actually have an appt at BDL in February for our GE applications.  Actually it is for the day that we would fly out for our Edge cruise.  Coincidence since I made the appointment months ago and then later moved the November cruise to February.  I was going to look at a flight out of BDL and back to PVD.  DH wants his GE before his golf trip in March so I think a trip to VT is on the horizon instead.  We have friends that will drive to Bradley to save $75 a ticket for three people.  My husband doesn't think it is worth it for them, particularly if they are flying in the winter.  Typical RI mentality for some of us.  🤚

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is really cool seating with legs in water like wading by the pool.     This whole area looks amazing.     I wonder if all these perfect looking people are here on CC too😂

I was the model for the guy in blue shorts 🙂

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

 

Check with your vet. Ours has techs that dog sit. Good luck!

Thanks.  I am going to try again.  My problem is that many of them have large dogs of their own and Jack is easily trampled.  Even our lab manages to bang into him.  Giving the meds 3 times a day can be problematic unless they only work part time.  I do have a niece that helped me out with a long weekend last month.  Only problem is that she a) now has a large dog herself and b) works about 50 hours a week.  Upside is that she has flexibility in her work schedule.  Some hours at home with outside meetings.  As much as I would like to travel this fall, I might save her services for one of the cruises.  That way at least one cruise would be covered. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

we have never sailed MSC.    How does their food and entertainment compare to Royal?

I liked there entertainment but royal still is the best, i spent most of my time in there yacht club and in there beautiful lounge which is much nicer than rccl was a baby grand piano and live music from about 5 to 11 , either piano player , or guitar player, or violin and piano combo . Main shows were good they had opera one night , other shows were good , different lounges with guitar players and one had a jazz trio with a great singer . We had all our meals in there yacht club restaurant which I liked better than rccl CK. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Thanks.  I am going to try again.  My problem is that many of them have large dogs of their own and Jack is easily trampled.  Even our lab manages to bang into him.  Giving the meds 3 times a day can be problematic unless they only work part time.  I do have a niece that helped me out with a long weekend last month.  Only problem is that she a) now has a large dog herself and b) works about 50 hours a week.  Upside is that she has flexibility in her work schedule.  Some hours at home with outside meetings.  As much as I would like to travel this fall, I might save her services for one of the cruises.  That way at least one cruise would be covered. 

My only other recommendation would be pet sitters international.  Its so hard to find a good pet sitter. My family makes fun of me because I tape notes all over the house before we leave, do a few test runs, check in every day that we are gone, check the cameras quite often and still worry and hate leaving them! Luckily our daughter will take PTO so we can go on our cruise this fall.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, George C said:

I liked there entertainment but royal still is the best, i spent most of my time in there yacht club and in there beautiful lounge which is much nicer than rccl was a baby grand piano and live music from about 5 to 11 , either piano player , or guitar player, or violin and piano combo . Main shows were good they had opera one night , other shows were good , different lounges with guitar players and one had a jazz trio with a great singer . We had all our meals in there yacht club restaurant which I liked better than rccl CK. 

Sounds nice.   I guess someday we will have to give them a try.   I have looked at some of their European itineraries and price wise they seem reasonable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That would be a little disconcerning. I hope everything turns out ok.

It was so bad it woke Mike up and he thought I was shaking him. At least we made it to Coco Cay today so I guess it wasn't a mechanical issue.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Good news today is that we passed our covid tests. At least I think we did since we haven't heard back from them. I guess we'll find out if they kick us off the ship tomorrow.

Yay!  Enjoy the next leg of your cruise!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CC Help Michell changed the title to Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance - Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com - November 2022
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2022
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...