Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, that is the most frustrating part.     When Eric had covid and I was fine a couple times I got my keys and coat on thinking I was going out but was reminded, No I am quarantined too.    a couple of times i just took car rides by myself to get out of the house   It was far too cold to go for walks in early Feb.

They said if I am negative I can go out since I am vaccinated.  Just have to mask up, which we do anyway and be careful.

they already rescheduled procedure.

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon’s doctor appointment went well.  X-ray shows the right thumb is fractured but will not require surgery.  The left thumb is sprained.  One good thing that may come of this, we may be able to get our insurance to cover a bone density test that Sharon has been needing.  The Dr said this being another break might be enough to get it approved.

it really is tough to have 2 bad thumbs.    you really don't realize how much you use them till you cannot.    Simply things like going to bathroom become a struggle to zip up pants, etc. etc. 

Hopefully something good with come of this and she gets approved for the bone density test and all is good 😍

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

When our daughter was married in Central Park, people would stop to look, but there weren't any distractions.  We have seen many a couple get married at our beach in Naples around Sunset.  They stand just at the edge of the beach/water and marry as the sun begins to set.  Beautiful!  Last year we saw our first Proposal.  They really went all-out, and it was great to watch.  The couple were adorable!

Jim and I were both City workers and have been very fortunate with the Health care that we've had.  Right now all the City Unions have combined and are trying to have an injunction against the City for trying to change the health plan of the N Y City Retirees.

I was going to ask how you made out with the weather.  We've dodged the bullet, once again, thank goodness!

We  did the same with our 3 daughters College tuition.  They were quite grateful for this.

Congratulations on you son's Wedding this Friday!!

Hopefully you both are negative.  Best of luck with Charlie's upcoming procedure.

Thanks so mich

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They said if I am negative I can go out since I am vaccinated.  Just have to mask up, which we do anyway and be careful.

they already rescheduled procedure.

that's good that you will be able to go out if negative.    Rules were different last February before we were vaxxed.    

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

that's good that you will be able to go out if negative.    Rules were different last February before we were vaxxed.    

It is just hard because our 13 year old granddaughter lives here so she has to do virtual school until we get results.  She was tested last week and was negative.  She had to get tested to go to a Harry Styles concert.  I told her she should be happy this did not happen before the concert.  She is annoyed with us as it is😳

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The oddest wedding gift we received was a Halloween-themed cocktail napkin holder. Our wedding was in May. So weird.

We also received a mint green towel set, which we did not register for and was not even close to any of the colors in our home. 

The strangest gift we ever got was a cuckoo clock for an anniversary party.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, George C said:

I was 42 when I got married and I paid for it , even though most of the invites went to friends of my mother in law.

Bucky and I paid for our wedding as well.  (Second marriage for both).  We definitely made up for the "weddings" we had with former spouses...mine being justice of the peace at the courthouse with two witnesses.  😉 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is just hard because our 13 year old granddaughter lives here so she has to do virtual school until we get results.  She was tested last week and was negative.  She had to get tested to go to a Harry Styles concert.  I told her she should be happy this did not happen before the concert.  She is annoyed with us as it is😳

13 is a tough age to begin with then put covid into the picture - the drama begins.    Good luck

• Like 2

Thanks we need all the good luck we can get.  Her mother is 37 and it is like having two teens in the house!!!!

My parents paid for our wedding.  Whenever I run across the receipt for the venue I am amazed at how inexpensive weddings were in 1971!  One of our friends gave us $75.00 and we thought that was great.  I think our oldest daughters wedding was ten times the cost of ours.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon’s doctor appointment went well.  X-ray shows the right thumb is fractured but will not require surgery.  The left thumb is sprained.  One good thing that may come of this, we may be able to get our insurance to cover a bone density test that Sharon has been needing.  The Dr said this being another break might be enough to get it approved.

Oh awful!  Poor Sharon.  Broken thumb is no fun!  😞   Hope it heals well...and fast.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

When our daughter was married in Central Park, people would stop to look, but there weren't any distractions.  We have seen many a couple get married at our beach in Naples around Sunset.  They stand just at the edge of the beach/water and marry as the sun begins to set.  Beautiful!  Last year we saw our first Proposal.  They really went all-out, and it was great to watch.  The couple were adorable!

Jim and I were both City workers and have been very fortunate with the Health care that we've had.  Right now all the City Unions have combined and are trying to have an injunction against the City for trying to change the health plan of the N Y City Retirees.

I was going to ask how you made out with the weather.  We've dodged the bullet, once again, thank goodness!

We  did the same with our 3 daughters College tuition.  They were quite grateful for this.

Congratulations on you son's Wedding this Friday!!

Hopefully you both are negative.  Best of luck with Charlie's upcoming procedure.

Re City unions .That has been a constant conversation in my house recently.Toby’s sister worked for the Dept.of Social Services and a cousin was an RN in a city hospital.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I have a couple of memories from that age. 
I can remember conversations from 50 years ago verbatim. My friends email me with questions they don’t have answers to. 
Over the last couple of months, though, I have had problems thinking of a word. 
If I move on to something else, it will  pop into my mind. That has always worked, but it happens more frequently  now. 

I have a friend who grew up in Brooklyn but now lives in Oregon.He recently found a picture of his sister,he and I from 1947 .He scanned it and e-mailed it to me .He and I remembered vividly what we were doing that day.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

They thought it was funny.

Maybe not so much when they got older and some brat teenagers did something similar to them later in life.  What comes around goes around.  Hope they got their just desserts.  👿    

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks we need all the good luck we can get.  Her mother is 37 and it is like having two teens in the house!!!!

My parents paid for our wedding.  Whenever I run across the receipt for the venue I am amazed at how inexpensive weddings were in 1971!  One of our friends gave us $75.00 and we thought that was great.  I think our oldest daughters wedding was ten times the cost of ours.

I do not recall the cost for our wedding.I do remember that we had a 15 piece band .I wonder what they charged .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had the venue add a bottle of vodka to the tables because that was What Charlie drank.  They used to put just a bottle of rye and scotch on the tables.    Our guests were amazed they had an extra choice. When open bars became the thing we all that was unbelievable!

We also had scotch and rye on the tables but no vodka even though that was my preferred drink at the time.I like to look at our wedding album and also our converted film which is a VHS but no sound.It is like watching a silent movie without titles.

• Like 5

On 10/25/2021 at 12:45 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  Sharon was so thankful the airbags did not go off.  Sharon handled it so well.  When the young lady came to Sharon to check on her she was so scared.  Sharon told her not to worry, it was an accident.

I’m so happy she is OK. 

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is that from trimming back or do you have to pull them out every year? Down here we just have to keep pulling weeds. 😁

These are the trimmings at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have to share… my Andrew scored both goals in his team’s final soccer game of the season, which they won 2-1. Basketball is up next - his favorite! He’s 11.

What a way to end the season. Congratulations to him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't know how I would survive without post it notes.   

Sharon and I have linked the app "reminders " so we can keep lists for groceries, things to take on trips, etc.  We also use the alarm on the phones more too..  Also we sometimes text the other to have it in our text.  Sometimes we forget where the reminder is or forget why we were reminding ourselves of something.  😂 

sometimes I I type a reply here or a text to someone and forget to hit the submit button!  😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon and I have linked the app "reminders " so we can keep lists for groceries, things to take on trips, etc.  We also use the alarm on the phones more too..  Also we sometimes text the other to have it in our text.  Sometimes we forget where the reminder is or forget why we were reminding ourselves of something.  😂 

sometimes I I type a reply here or a text to someone and forget to hit the submit button!  😂 

They call this the golden years😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1