Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You have a wonderful family 🥰

Rain to start here in lbi after 10 pm.    I heard from my neighbor at home in bucks county that thunderstorm with pouring rain has started there.  We have had a lot of rain the last couple of months, tired of it.

It is still better than snow.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very nice of you to help her.  

He sounds like a big Jerk!!!

I could not believe that I was the only person on the bus who offered to walk with her.I was a lot older than every other person on the bus.

When I told Toby what happened she was happy that I walked with the woman ,angry at the jerk husband and annoyed that I did not call her when I was walking home to have her pick me up.I could not ask her to drive in that weather.I was just happy that I got home .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Being the dad of three lovely daughters I totally understand the cost of weddings.  We offered alternative but they wanted traditional weddings.  One thing that helped us out is that Sharon’s sisters get after it when putting a wedding together.  I found the best thing for a dad is to take a step back and try not to add up the cost.

I got an unwelcome surprise at our daughter’s wedding reception when the manager asked if I was ready to close down the bar and settle the bill. Luckily I had already paid for everything else except two extra beef tenderloins. 
Our son-in-law had said his fraternity brothers just drank beer, and I knew our friends wouldn’t drink that much, so I went with all top shelf labels. 
When I was handed the bill I think I went into shock. I couldn’t figure out how to write the check. 
Turned out Jon’s 7 brothers and his fraternity brothers preferred good liquor and lots of it over beer!

• Like 2

I paid for my own wedding.  It was DW 2nd marriage & her father paid for the first one so it didn't seem fair to make him pay again. But he did give us a very substantial gift.  In fact, when adding up all the wedding gifts, I, er, we might have made a small profit. 😁

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I could not believe that I was the only person on the bus who offered to walk with her.I was a lot older than every other person on the bus.

When I told Toby what happened she was happy that I walked with the woman ,angry at the jerk husband and annoyed that I did not call her when I was walking home to have her pick me up.I could not ask her to drive in that weather.I was just happy that I got home .

Looking back, do you wish you had told Mr. Jerky-face that unless he honored his wife's promise to drive you home, that you'd stay at their place & sleep on their couch with your damp clothes until it safe to walk home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw on the news the rain, flooding mud slides, etc in CA.  At least the fires are done.🤗

Yes. Now they worry about mudslides in the burn scars. We are not in any of those areas. And there were no house races. We will see those if it gets wetter this year and there are mudslides. :classic_sad: We had 2 houses (next door to each other) in our neighborhood go into the canyon many years ago. It was fascinating to watch them self destruct, because it was a slow crawl. You could hear the beams breaking, nails popping and all of the groaning and creaking as they collapsed. The folks were able to move all of their stuff out.

There are two empty, fenced off, below street level lots there now. I wonder how they explain that when houses on the block are sold? 

I think Bomb Cyclone is the new weather term that they are all excited to used. :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin: We had 60-70 mph winds and lots of rain. We really need the rain just not all at once. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Looking back, do you wish you had told Mr. Jerky-face that unless he honored his wife's promise to drive you home, that you'd stay at their place & sleep on their couch with your damp clothes until it safe to walk home. 

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No,I just told people the story over the years and quite possibly he heard it and wished he would have acted differently toward me.

Our oldest daughter has been cruising with us since she was 9. She decided she wanted to get married at Magen's Bay on St Thomas. We were lucky enough to get 7 family members to cruise also. One bad part of getting married on a beach is random people in bathing suits walk by as ceremony was taking place. She hired a limo for transportation to the wedding and back to the ship. We did make a pit stop at her other favorite spot Paradise Point (Bushwackers) and the limo had a flat tire on the steep hill driving to the top he had to call another car to get them to the top. My son in law could be another Brandon...lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dbancroft said:

Our oldest daughter has been cruising with us since she was 9. She decided she wanted to get married at Magen's Bay on St Thomas. We were lucky enough to get 7 family members to cruise also. One bad part of getting married on a beach is random people in bathing suits walk by as ceremony was taking place. She hired a limo for transportation to the wedding and back to the ship. We did make a pit stop at her other favorite spot Paradise Point (Bushwackers) and the limo had a flat tire on the steep hill driving to the top he had to call another car to get them to the top. My son in law could be another Brandon...lol

Sounds like a very cool wedding. My felling is those who want to be there will be there , we had a great wedding but I like that , had a open bar for 7 hours, I think they ran out of some beer etc .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think he is a little strange.  Jury is still out on this crew.  Fraser doesn't seem to be a good fit for a second stew.

Fraser will either prove to be as good as he think he is or a big headed jerk. Either way I see him in conflicts with his chief.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I am so ready for another Season! 

They're in St. KITTS. 

The capt seems full of himself.

I'm not sure what to make of the chief stew yet.

Potty mouth chef Rachel is back.

Rachel has it in for Eddie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

@Sea DogGreg,  In my constant state of playing catch up I did not congratulate you and your wife on the well deserved recognition of both your careers.  Will you be winning anymore in the next week?

Thank you so much. The Emmy's were Saturday night and I was honored to win my last and final Emmy of my career for doing the video editing on a special called :The People and the Police."

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am ready!

So am I but I recorded it and will watch on Friday with a few cocktails.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Absolutely!  I hope the crew is a better mix than the last season.  

I hope so too.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Doing my usual and recording.  I still have to watch the after events of below deck med and see the confrontation between Matt and Sandy.

Definitely look forward to Captain Lee and Chef Rachel.

Me to Deb. I prefer to watch it on Friday night as a kickoff to the weekend.

59 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When I was handed the bill I think I went into shock. I couldn’t figure out how to write the check. 
Turned out Jon’s 7 brothers and his fraternity brothers preferred good liquor and lots of it over beer!

I'm worried about this for Linda's and I's retirement party at our favorite bar where I've known the owner for years. We could have over 100 people for 3 hours. I've told them no top shelf. People can pay for that. Even so I expect the bill to be at least $3500.

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I am so ready for another Season! 

They're in St. KITTS. 

The capt seems full of himself.

I'm not sure what to make of the chief stew yet.

Potty mouth chef Rachel is back.

Looking forward to the scenery. I hope Captain Lee comes back quickly. I go the impression from watching the trailers that Eddie is no fan of this guy.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think he is a little strange.  Jury is still out on this crew.  Fraser doesn't seem to be a good fit for a second stew.

So somebody may fired early don't you think?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I paid for our own Wedding. 

We paid for our own wedding. We were married on a Hornblower ship. Four hour San Francisco Bay cruise, full buffet lunch and open bar. We were married by Captain Frank before we left the dock. You have to be married in the county your license is issued in while docked. It was a good sized party ship, and we had about 70 people. 

My mom purchased my dress for $75. We found it at a sample store for wedding dresses. And excellent seamstress that she was, she was able to alter it perfectly. My mother in law gave us a wonderful week long Caribbean cruise on the old Regal Princess. 

The doves were actually homing pigeons that belonged to the owner. :classic_biggrin: The only sad part is that my maid of honor and Bill's best man (his brother) are both gone.

Wedding photo.jpg

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We paid for our own wedding. We were married on a Hornblower ship. Four hour San Francisco Bay cruise, full buffet lunch and open bar.

How cool is that!. What a great memory. I love the releasing of the doves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2021 at 8:25 PM, George C said:

I can’t believe the idiotic state I live in, the state passes a rule saying you need to show both responses to all issues , including the holocaust. There was a news story on this on national news. I love this thread but so many sad health stories, my nice and godchild just had another brain surgery, she had 40 or so surgeries in her 40 or so years . 

Hope all goes well with her surgery.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, Lionesss said:

1- large diced sweet onion. (Not from Mexico)    😳

Why not from Mexico? Do they taste a lot differently?

On 10/21/2021 at 9:29 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I got a letter from my insurance company Saturday stating that one of my doctors will no longer be in Network as of Oct.25.I know that it is very difficult to find a new doctor these days.I called my doctor and the office manager  said I was the 5th patient to call.The doctor is not leaving my insurance carrier and they have no idea what is going on

Hope things work out for you. We found out about 2 months ago that we might not be able to go to Cleveland Clinic anymore because of issue with their agreement with United Healthcare. Found out about a week ago things were worked out and we will be able to continue to go there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hope things work out for you. We found out about 2 months ago that we might not be able to go to Cleveland Clinic anymore because of issue with their agreement with United Healthcare. Found out about a week ago things were worked out and we will be able to continue to go there.

United HC has terrible reimbursement rates while its CEO is paid millions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1