Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@dani negreanu  I hope you don’t mind but I think I was able to convert the video and I am going to try it.  It might not be the same quality but we will see.  It looked good when I viewed it.

Looks good - sharp and clear - on both Android phone and Windows laptop!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You can also use the video editor app that comes free with Windows 10.  

The video is on my Iphone.... I can't "export" it since it is too heavy -- the only option is to go through "drop box", and that's "over my paygrade"😉

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like it worked.  I can see it on my android phone now.

John,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for successfully converting it. 

I've just been trying the link to the conversion on my Iphone, IT IS converting it / compressing it, but then I don't know where to find the new "slim" version....

As I said above, those technicalities are "over my paygrade"....

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

Passing us is fine, but trying to cut back in before he was actually past us...not so good.  Happened so fast that Bucky did not even have time to blow the horn.  

😉 

Things like that scare the bejesus out of me. Happened to me too a ling time ago. Took me several minutes to calm my heart rate down.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night Sharon was at a stop light when a car tried to beat the light by turning into the road she was on.  A car coming from the other direction hit the car and pushed it into Sharon. The hit caused the steering wheel to spin real fast and it hurt Sharon’s hand pretty good.  It’s feeling better today.  We have an advantage of living in a small town for 25 years.  One of best friends is a doctor and came to the scene to check on her.  Also Sharon was on the phone with our Orthopedic Dr. asst. and shortly there after we were talking to the owner of the body shop.  Good neighbors taking care of us.  While typing this the Orthopedic friend called to check up on her and set up an appointment for tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear about Susan's accident.

Hopefully she will recover quickly and the culprit who caused the accident is charged.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m looking long and hard at Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne on 11/28.  Ports are nothing great but reading about everyone’s cruises just has me wanting to be on a ship no matter where it goes!  We loved Anthem, love being able to drive to port and haven’t experienced Perfect Day yet, so…..

Prices are pretty darn good too.  YOLO!

We did the same thing two weeks ago and booked the Anthem for 12/5.  Price was too good to resist.  My Andy has been recovering from surgery, so being on a cruise ship where you don't have to do anything strenuous sounded very appealing.  Maybe we'll see you on board if you wait another week to sail.  🙂  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We had a big rig tractor trailer pass us on extremely busy I-75 3 days ago.  Not unusual.  We keep just under the speed limit and stick to the slow lane.  Passing us is fine, but trying to cut back in before he was actually past us...not so good.  Happened so fast that Bucky did not even have time to blow the horn.  

Luckily was just enough room along the side of the highway to quickly jerk out of his way (not easy with a large RV and a Jeep towing behind us).   Defense driving saved us and avoided a major accident, especially since we were going over a long low bridge on the water.   Things were shook up inside the land yacht, and we felt the bumps of the side of the road pretty hard, but he was able to keep it on the road and get back on.  

The jerk truck driver sped up big time, guessing he knew what he did...I was unable to catch the name on the truck or his license tag number.  Definitely made the blood pressure rise!!  😮 

Just one more reason to be done with RV travel.  We already had one careless 16 year old smash up our first RV cutting us off on a highway entrance ramp in Michigan.  This was just a reminder.  

Prefer to have the ship's captain drive us now.  😉 

I'm pleased you are both okay Pat.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The video is on my Iphone.... I can't "export" it since it is too heavy -- the only option is to go through "drop box", and that's "over my paygrade"😉

John,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for successfully converting it. 

I've just been trying the link to the conversion on my Iphone, IT IS converting it / compressing it, but then I don't know where to find the new "slim" version....

As I said above, those technicalities are "over my paygrade"....

It’s more eye sight than tech after it’s done.  I had a hard time figuring it out because the print is so small on the site.  Click the button that I circled.  413A9EE3-9C47-4A81-AA32-7EDAEC360A0E.thumb.jpeg.fdf97060b731816e8b04bafcd0994964.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased you are both okay Pat.

Whew...thanks!  Did not even have time to watch our lives pass before our eyes.  Lots of heavy breathing, and fast heartbeats immediately afterwards though....and not the good kind.  😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

You can also use the video editor app that comes free with Windows 10.  Just add your video by itself to the storyboard and then click on Finish Video to export to .mp4.  This works great for videos shot in landscape mode.  If you shoot in portrait mode though, the software outputs to landscape mode with black bars on either side.  I haven't figured a way around that.  Video Editor doesn't have a let of flexibility in what it does.  It's meant to be a very simple app.

Have you tried clipping the black bars off in editing mode.  That is what I had to do with the @dani negreanu video.  I was not able to download her video so I put my iPad in screen recording mode,  played her video and then saved the recording.  There was stuff around the screen recording so I clipped it off in edit mode.  The size of the file after the conversation was less than 20% the size of the original file but still looks good on our small devices.  Might lose quality if cast to the tv.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Last month, Jack called Walmart and they told him we can come in anytime for the 3rd Moderna shot which we did.  No wait at all.

Thanks for the suggestion!!  I just checked on line with our local Walmart...indeed wide open for booster shots for Moderna.  🙂    

Just got appointments for both Bucky and I on Friday now,  rather than wait until the 3rd at Walgreens.  🙂 

• Like 7

Dani

You looked lovely in that blouse/top! That color red is definitely a good color for you.

Isn’t it great to be able to celebrate happy occasions with family and friends? I am very glad that such celebrations are beginning again after the halt of festivities  due to Covid. 

Hoping for good days for you and all the posters here. 

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu  I hope you don’t mind but I think I was able to convert the video and I am going to try it.  It might not be the same quality but we will see.  It looked good when I viewed it.

I can watch it on android. @dani negreanuand it was quite worth watching!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No. The extended family joins, depending upon the "relations" between relations...

Apart from the parents [the groom's are divorced, they stood far from each other], also the grandmother, and the sisters and brothers.

Thank you, Dani for the explanation.  Beautiful Wedding, Stunning Bride as well as her sisters.

17 hours ago, George C said:

I bought Pfizer a while back I am surprised it hasn’t done better . 

Oh, it probably will!!

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Bob for your kind words. Great way to finish like you said. This Emmy is actually my 7th along with two Edward R. Murrow awards. I have always been a fan of the lucky number 7 as in playing craps. I guess nothing is better than finishing out with seven.

Very prestigious Awards, Greg!  WOW!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night Sharon was at a stop light when a car tried to beat the light by turning into the road she was on.  A car coming from the other direction hit the car and pushed it into Sharon. The hit caused the steering wheel to spin real fast and it hurt Sharon’s hand pretty good.  It’s feeling better today.  We have an advantage of living in a small town for 25 years.  One of best friends is a doctor and came to the scene to check on her.  Also Sharon was on the phone with our Orthopedic Dr. asst. and shortly there after we were talking to the owner of the body shop.  Good neighbors taking care of us.  While typing this the Orthopedic friend called to check up on her and set up an appointment for tomorrow.

Thank God Sharon is safe.  How is she feeling?  Is her hand okay?

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My biggest fear for driving (more for Micheline and my daughters) is that they will be driving perfectly well but still get into an accident because of some idiot...like the one who hit Sharon.  Hopefully she recovers quickly.  It's always good to have friends with special skills.

Every parents fear (and grandparents, also!)🤐

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We had a big rig tractor trailer pass us on extremely busy I-75 3 days ago.   

Prefer to have the ship's captain drive us now.  😉 

I hate driving on I-75.  It's downright frightening sometimes.  Luckily you and Bucky made it safely to the shoulder.  

Ditto on the ship's captain!

Great job, John!😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's amazing how much medical science has evolved on the last 100 years.  I think it will be equally amazing how much further things evolve in the next 20 years.  Computers have opened up so much in the way of research and equipment.  I've read a number of articles about how experts predict that cancer treatment will become highly individualized.  Instead of having one preferred course of treatment for say breast cancer, an analysis of the patient will result in a highly customized treatment for just that patient and the specific issues that patient has.  

I find it amazing that we have all kinds of electronic devices but cannot find a cure for cancer.

• Like 3