Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Next, just pictures, which are easier ...

The beautiful bride and me....

Bride and me.jpg

Her bucket

Bucket.jpg

The place where the religious ceremony will take place (chuppa)

Chuppa.jpg

The renowned chef came to greet the early guests.... As u can see, I was quite elegant in comparison to the "surroundings".... But got plenty of compliments for my shirt 😉

Chef.jpg

ME 😟

DANI.jpg

The ceremony under the chuppa

ceremony.jpg

The food was very disappointing (taken into account that the chef had a 2* Michelin restaurant...), so some neighbors at our table ordered..... the kids' menu 😁

Kids menu.jpg

You and the bride look stunning Dani.

The venue looks amazing.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I've figured out how videos work (and don't work).  Windows cannot directly play a video recorded on an iPhone (it doesn't support the format).  If you record and post from an iPhone, someone using CC from an iPhone or a Mac computer will be able to see the video properly.  Someone trying to view from a Windows computer will see a paperclip with a filename.mov below it.  There's a problem with the CC software where clicking on the paperclip gives you an error message about the file being missing (even though it's not).  I haven't tested this, but I believe that videos recorded on an Android phone will play just fine on any device.

I can move a mov file from my Iphone to my windows computer and it plays just fine.

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile , I was trying to move on from my last cruise on my Royal app  to see our next cruise, only to find out I have been demoted to Gold status with 6 points. I logged onto  RC on my computer and everything was gone.  Nice long call with C&A, and it seems someone else's C&A number replaced mine. She gave me a new number, which turns out was my C&A number anyway.  All is well again.  I am now back to D+ with 546 points. Also, my past cruises had disappeared, and now they are back.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for the feedback, Pat.

It seems that I cannot upload a video longer than 16-17 seconds....😢

Just to add on with my experience, I can see the short  10-12 second videos just fine on my Windows 10 laptop and on my Android( Samsung Galaxy 10e)  phone.

The longer video shows up as a paper  clip in the phone with the message "Item Not Found" and on my laptop, I can click the play button but all I hear is the music, no picture.  In fact, all I see is the play/pause button and the little timer slide thingy on the bottom of where the picture should be.

Sounds like a great time! 😃

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

only to find out I have been demoted to Gold status with 6 points.

Now that would be unnerving to find out. Glad you able to get it all sorted out. Now as a gold member if Royal wanted to give me more points I wouldn't turn it down.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I don't want to clutter the thread with my videos, just made a test to see if I can upload directly from my IPhone, since yesterday, when I've tried through my computer, it was "too heavy".

I assume some of you will be able to see it. I can see it on my Iphone....

The reception in the garden, before the wedding ceremony.

I can watch it on my iPhone. 
what a great place for any kind of gathering! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Heading out to the Chicken or the Egg for breakfast with our neighbors.    Love their eggs benedict with crab and really good coffee too!

I've only been there twice - once for breakfast & once for lunch. Enjoyed it both times. Not sure why I did not go more often. I remember when they used to print their entire menu in the local "Sandpiper" newspaper. Maybe it was because it's always crowded when I was there, typically around Labor Day weekend.

And it got more crowded after it was featured on "Man vs Food".

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That means the heat in the house is going to get turned on soon.😐

I very much dislike the sound of the furnace. However, I dislike being cold even more.

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Not here!  It's been on for a couple of days already in our house😟

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I refuse.

15 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We haven't given in yet, but I think it will be on for a little warm up very soon.  64 in this house right now.

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Me too.  Eric put heat on other night and I made sure to turn off when I woke up.  I delay as long as possible.

I used to be that guy that refused to turn on the heat before Nov 1st.  Then it became Oct 15th on a "as-needed basis" to take the chill out of the house, then turn it off right away. Then anytime after Oct 1st  "just to make sure the heat still works". Rather find out soon rather than later if there is going to be a problem. Otherwise, I'll have to pay triple the going rate for "emergency service" on the first below freezing night.  That was my justification and I'm sticking with it. 😉

This year, I finally turned it on for a few hours this past weekend when I woke to 39 degrees. Now the temp is back up to 70's so it's off. The house does get a lot of southern, sunny exposure from noon until  sunset so as long as  it's clear &  sunny is out, the house will warm naturally. Of course, it's going to rain most of this week....

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I used to be that guy that refused to turn on the heat before Nov 1st.  Then it became Oct 15th on a "as-needed basis" to take the chill out of the house, then turn it off right away. Then anytime after Oct 1st  "just to make sure the heat still works". Rather find out soon rather than later if there is going to be a problem. Otherwise, I'll have to pay triple the going rate for "emergency service" on the first below freezing night.  That was my justification and I'm sticking with it. 😉

This year, I finally turned it on for a few hours this past weekend when I woke to 39 degrees. Now the temp is back up to 70's so it's off. The house does get a lot of southern, sunny exposure from noon until  sunset so as long as  it's clear &  sunny is out, the house will warm naturally. Of course, it's going to rain most of this week....

I gave in this morning and turned it on.  Cold and rainy outside with no chance of warming from sun, so I turned it on to take the chill off.  I usually hold out until November 1st for no real reason.  We do have a wood stove that I would have lit but our adult son is living in the area where the wood stove is and it gets too hot for him.  Just need the housing market to calm down a bit so he can buy his first house.  Don't see that happening anytime soon though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I've figured out how videos work (and don't work).  Windows cannot directly play a video recorded on an iPhone (it doesn't support the format).  If you record and post from an iPhone, someone using CC from an iPhone or a Mac computer will be able to see the video properly.  Someone trying to view from a Windows computer will see a paperclip with a filename.mov below it.  There's a problem with the CC software where clicking on the paperclip gives you an error message about the file being missing (even though it's not).  I haven't tested this, but I believe that videos recorded on an Android phone will play just fine on any device.

It doesn't work with android either. Although, I could see the short ones last night.

• Like 2

Last night Sharon was at a stop light when a car tried to beat the light by turning into the road she was on.  A car coming from the other direction hit the car and pushed it into Sharon. The hit caused the steering wheel to spin real fast and it hurt Sharon’s hand pretty good.  It’s feeling better today.  We have an advantage of living in a small town for 25 years.  One of best friends is a doctor and came to the scene to check on her.  Also Sharon was on the phone with our Orthopedic Dr. asst. and shortly there after we were talking to the owner of the body shop.  Good neighbors taking care of us.  While typing this the Orthopedic friend called to check up on her and set up an appointment for tomorrow.

• Like 16

@dani negreanu the wedding looked wonderful and your beautiful blouse and shoes looked great on you!

We’re stubborn and try to hold off on turning the heat on before November 1st.  I have nice furry throw when I’m on the couch watching TV or reading and I’ve already changed over to the winter down comforter in the bed.  (We did cheat a bit and turned on the gas fireplace for a bit Saturday night.)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And this “memory” appeared today on Lisa’s FB page. What a coincidence. Owen was about a year and a half and he was equally excited as the new owner’s son. 

90312159-C492-44AC-A4DA-BC21C473FD7F.jpeg.e5e907144653dfe23d69f73f5153ed57.jpeg

I love this pic.  It reminds me our driver Kenzie.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night Sharon was at a stop light when a car tried to beat the light by turning into the road she was on.  A car coming from the other direction hit the car and pushed it into Sharon. The hit caused the steering wheel to spin real fast and it hurt Sharon’s hand pretty good.  It’s feeling better today.  We have an advantage of living in a small town for 25 years.  One of best friends is a doctor and came to the scene to check on her.  Also Sharon was on the phone with our Orthopedic Dr. asst. and shortly there after we were talking to the owner of the body shop.  Good neighbors taking care of us.  While typing this the Orthopedic friend called to check up on her and set up an appointment for tomorrow.

OMG John that's horrible. I'm glad Sharon is going to be ok. How scary some idiot can easily hurt someone. Give her my best and that I hope she recovers quickly.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I usually hold out until November 1st for no real reason.

I really have no good reason for holding off until Nov 1st either. Probably because I grew up in an 100-year old, drafty house that was super expensive to heat. My dad - who grew up during the frugal years of the Great Depression & WWII - would wait as long as possible before going down into the basement to turn on the ancient boiler. It was a process of turning several "sticky" valves while trying not to break them, flipping a few switches and vacuuming up soot, changing filters and checking to make sure no animals made a home in any of the vent pipes. Then would wait for the thrill of hearing  the water rush thru radiators for the first time.

Of course, my house is a more modern and well-insulted one where the boiler does double duty as both heat and hot water maker so it runs all year long.  So "turning on the heat" for me is turning the thermostat 2  inches from the off position to the desired temperature. Still have the thrill of listening to water rush thru the baseboard for the first time.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope her hand is ok.  That is great about good neighbors.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My biggest fear for driving (more for Micheline and my daughters) is that they will be driving perfectly well but still get into an accident because of some idiot...like the one who hit Sharon.  Hopefully she recovers quickly.  It's always good to have friends with special skills.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It doesn't work with android either. Although, I could see the short ones last night.

Not surprising that an Android phone can't play an Apple video because, well, Apple.  I'd guess that if you recorded a video on your Android phone and put it into a post here, I'd probably be able to view it on either my iPhone or my Windows computer.

Then again, throwing CC into the mix means all bets are off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1