Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I said.... years ago.... and....  medicine has evolved.

Did I miss something about paying out of pocket?

I was corroborating your statement . Obviously, I didn’t do it effectively. 

The out of pocket statement was independent of you .  I was just saying he must be happy he didn’t pay for that MRI. 

• Thanks 1

On our way to the wedding, and the story of the "vintage" shirt....

Some 40 years ago, when we lived in Brussels, we were invited, like every year, to the company's NYE party. It was hold in a very nice castle, just outside of the city.

Most of the other employees were European, used to dress up for such parties. We, Israelis, are much less "formal".... So I splurged for a nice silk shirt at Max Mara, a once in a lifetime "event" for me...

Needless to say, it was the only time I've worn it.

I was struggling with what to wear for this wedding, which should be a high profile event, in the most prestigious venue in Israel, and suddenly remembered it.

I hesitated, since it's so old, but, unexpectedly, I've received the OK, not more not less from.... royalty.

Yesterday, a royal wedding took place in Athens ( @singinalot Crystal, you missed it 😉), and one of the princesses wore this ---

Dress.jpg

whereas my shirt looks like this (and the shoes are a mix of my pants and shirt colors)

Dress1.jpg

BTW, the shoes are also ~40 years old, wore only for that occasion ....

shoes.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 17

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

Congratulations!  How wonderful to go out into retirement in a blaze of glory!

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, just not worth it.  Plus wondering what your feet are resting on below you in the dark....eeww!  

Most of our movie theaters here are tiered with reclining seats.  Nobody can reach the back of your chair and nobody can block your view in front.  Soooo comfy.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Congratulations Greg!  What way to end a career?!!!👏🙌🎉🥳🍾

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Some 40 years ago, when we lived in Brussels, we were invited, like every year, to the company's NYE party. It was hold in a very nice castle, just outside of the city.

Most of the other employees were European, used to dress up for such parties. We, Israelis, are much less "formal".... So I splurged for a nice silk shirt at Max Mara, a once in a lifetime "event" for me...

I was struggling with what to wear for this wedding, which should be a high profile event, in the most prestigious venue in Israel, and suddenly remembered it.

I hesitated, since it's so old, but, unexpectedly, I've received the OK, not more not less from.... royalty.

Yesterday, a royal wedding took place in Athens ( @singinalot Crystal, you missed it 😉), and one of the princesses wore this ---

Dress.jpg

whereas my shirt looks like this (and the shoes are a mix of my pants and shirt colors)

Dress1.jpg

shoes.JPG

I love the colors Dani!  Please share a picture of you in the whole outfit.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dress.jpg

Dress1.jpg

shoes.JPG

Have a wonderful time.  You'll look fabulous.  Lady in Redddddddddddddddddd.  Shades of Phil Collins.  Can you give a hint where the wedding was held?  Jack and I are intrigued.  

Since folks are talking weather, it's 72 here going up to mid 80s.  No complaints here!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We haven't been to the movies for YEARS. When we did go I would bring a very large brimmed hat. Put it on every time someone behind me kicked my seat. Got those people to stop kicking the seat real fast.

Brilliant!

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

SO happy to hear this piece of great news. Mallory must be so happy. 

My daughter had a ganglion cyst in her wrist. It was surgically removed, since her doctor said that it could come back if drained. It was painful. She wanted it out. So we opted for that. 

Yes,we are all so very happy Glad that your daughter had successful treatment of hers.

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What a wonderful way to end a great career! Congratulations!

14 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We haven't been to the movies for YEARS. When we did go I would bring a very large brimmed hat. Put it on every time someone behind me kicked my seat. Got those people to stop kicking the seat real fast.

Over the past 10 years that I was going to the movies I often sat in the last row to avoid the kicking .

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have a wonderful time.  You'll look fabulous.  Lady in Redddddddddddddddddd.  Shades of Phil Collins.  Can you give a hint where the wedding was held?  Jack and I are intrigued.  

www.kahi.co.il

אולמי קאי של השף מושיק רוט, אנחנו עכשיו בדרך לשם, בפקקים

Chef Moshik Roth, who had a 2* Michelin restaurant in Amsterdam, closed it due to Covid, returned to Israel and opened this venue a fee months ago 😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Lenny what awesome news!!!

Power  of prayer. 

Who is next?

I will keep it simple 

jagsfan and all my CC. Family. 

BE HEALTHY. 

In January of 2020 I was begging my family and doctors to put me in Hospice because the pain ,even with pain medication was so severe that I was screaming and crying non stop.A guy who I got friendly with in 2011 on another cruise board and became in person friends with told me that he was going to church to pray for me.A woman who posted on that board and also CC went to her synagogue to pray for me.Friends who I have known since HS,one a Baptist and the other a Buddhist prayed for me.The pain that I had every hour of every day is gone.I believe in the power of prayer.

• Like 12

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Heartfelt congratulations, Greg.

Such a great achievement and a marvelous "send off" into retirement 💐

Thank you so much Dani. 5 more days and then it's official.

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful. I love the color. 

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Congratulations!  How wonderful to go out into retirement in a blaze of glory!

Thank you so much Bonnie.

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations Greg!  What way to end a career?!!!👏🙌🎉🥳🍾

Thank you Deb. Hard to believe I have worked more than half my life. It's going to be different that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What a wonderful way to end a great career! Congratulations!

Thank you Mimi. You are still in my thoughts.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations on your achievement ,Greg.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They typically refill if just drained and not removed so I am a bit perplexed about some posts here where people just had them drained. Years ago people with them in their wrists were sometimes told to take a heavy book and slam it onto the area to break up the capsule.... medicine has evolved.

My cyst was drained about 10 years ago.It did not refill .I remember when people used a heavy book.

I have a World Almanac from 1929.There is a section in it with ads from manufacturers of products used for various medical problems that seem very strange these days.When I was a kid one could go into a pharmacy and get Turpin Hydrate over the counter and other products available now by prescription or no longer manufactured

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Dress.jpg

Dress1.jpg

shoes.JPG

I love the color. I would haul that shirt out any time I had an excuse to wear it. 
How lucky you were to find shoes that went so well with it! And that your feet haven’t grown out of them!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In January of 2020 I was begging my family and doctors to put me in Hospice because the pain ,even with pain medication was so severe that I was screaming and crying non stop.A guy who I got friendly with in 2011 on another cruise board and became in person friends with told me that he was going to church to pray for me.A woman who posted on that board and also CC went to her synagogue to pray for me.Friends who I have known since HS,one a Baptist and the other a Buddhist prayed for me.The pain that I had every hour of every day is gone.I believe in the power of prayer.

We all share this little blue planet, and I absolutely do not believe it came by accident. Prayers are heard!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

What's the name of the newest? The Camino Island/Wind books were excellent. 

The Judge’s List.  Yes, I enjoyed The Camino Island ones.  My favorite is still is first A Time To Kill.

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dress.jpg

Dress1.jpg

shoes.JPG

Wow!!  Very elegant and beautiful!!  Classy to the Max!  🙂 

• Thanks 1