Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

It's 89 here in Ocala/Silver Springs.  Supposed to go back up to 92 by Tuesday....uggh!!  Had enough of the heat and high humidity.  (I really miss Maine! 😞 ).  

Will be a huge climate shock when we fly to Washington state on the 4th.  Currently temps in the 40s for a high out there at Lake Chelan!!  😮  Packing the polar bear wear!  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

On our way to the wedding, and the story of the "vintage" shirt....

Some 40 years ago, when we lived in Brussels, we were invited, like every year, to the company's NYE party. It was hold in a very nice castle, just outside of the city.

Most of the other employees were European, used to dress up for such parties. We, Israelis, are much less "formal".... So I splurged for a nice silk shirt at Max Mara, a once in a lifetime "event" for me...

Needless to say, it was the only time I've worn it.

I was struggling with what to wear for this wedding, which should be a high profile event, in the most prestigious venue in Israel, and suddenly remembered it.

I hesitated, since it's so old, but, unexpectedly, I've received the OK, not more not less from.... royalty.

Yesterday, a royal wedding took place in Athens ( @singinalot Crystal, you missed it 😉), and one of the princesses wore this ---

Dress.jpg

whereas my shirt looks like this (and the shoes are a mix of my pants and shirt colors)

Dress1.jpg

BTW, the shoes are also ~40 years old, wore only for that occasion ....

shoes.JPG

Beautiful blouse and perfect shoes to match.  I am sure you will look like a Royal.  Fabulous.  Have a wonderful day enjoying this special occassion🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

Greg, what a great achievement!  I am so excited for you and Linda!!!!  Congratulations!  Wow--I know an Emmy winner!  I am so very happy for you!!!!! 🏆

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They typically refill if just drained and not removed so I am a bit perplexed about some posts here where people just had them drained. Years ago people with them in their wrists were sometimes told to take a heavy book and slam it onto the area to break up the capsule.... medicine has evolved.

Ouch ouch!

Yes she was advised that it could refill if not removed and only drained. So opted to remove. 

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

On our way to the wedding, and the story of the "vintage" shirt....

Some 40 years ago, when we lived in Brussels, we were invited, like every year, to the company's NYE party. It was hold in a very nice castle, just outside of the city.

Most of the other employees were European, used to dress up for such parties. We, Israelis, are much less "formal".... So I splurged for a nice silk shirt at Max Mara, a once in a lifetime "event" for me...

Needless to say, it was the only time I've worn it.

I was struggling with what to wear for this wedding, which should be a high profile event, in the most prestigious venue in Israel, and suddenly remembered it.

I hesitated, since it's so old, but, unexpectedly, I've received the OK, not more not less from.... royalty.

Yesterday, a royal wedding took place in Athens ( @singinalot Crystal, you missed it 😉), and one of the princesses wore this ---

Dress.jpg

whereas my shirt looks like this (and the shoes are a mix of my pants and shirt colors)

Dress1.jpg

BTW, the shoes are also ~40 years old, wore only for that occasion ....

shoes.JPG

Beautiful, Dani!  I sure hope you're dancing a lot at today's Wedding.  Enjoy!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They typically refill if just drained and not removed so I am a bit perplexed about some posts here where people just had them drained. Years ago people with them in their wrists were sometimes told to take a heavy book and slam it onto the area to break up the capsule.... medicine has evolved.

Is the cyst removal ambulatory?

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations on your achievement ,Greg.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations Greg, what a way to end your career.  Your cruise should be wonderful!

Thank you Dani. I can't wait to get on Explorer.

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Greg, what a great achievement!  I am so excited for you and Linda!!!!  Congratulations!  Wow--I know an Emmy winner!  I am so very happy for you!!!!! 🏆

Thank you Maryann!

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I just popped in to say I didn’t forget about you all, and I saw Greg won the Emmy.  Way to go @Sea Dog  

I see I am way behind on reading this thread.  

Thank you Mark for taking the time for the congrats. It's not like you are doing nothing right now. Loving your review and know you are having a blast. Cheers to you.

• Like 2

Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. There were only two of us there at 11:30 for Pfizer but many more for Moderna.  The woman who administered my shot said yesterday was the first day for Moderna booster and they were fully booked for the next few days for that one.  Sore arm last night and a slight headache today.  Hope this is the worst of it!

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just scheduled mine too.  Could get Pfizer tomorrow but can't get Moderna until November 4th.  I do not want to mix.

I could have gotten Pfizer Friday but I didn’t want to mix either.  Luckily I managed to get a spot for this Tuesday.  There are not many appointments left.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I could have gotten Pfizer Friday but I didn’t want to mix either.  Luckily I managed to get a spot for this Tuesday.  There are not many appointments left.  

If I go a distance, I can get it earlier, but I will wait and get it on the 4th.  Just trying to get one before Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Most of our movie theaters here are tiered with reclining seats.  Nobody can reach the back of your chair and nobody can block your view in front.  Soooo comfy.

Same here, our multiplex has vast lazy boy style seats, we usually choose the back row but there's so much space between the rows that no way could anyone kick the seat in front.  DH loves cinema style popcorn, it's the only time he has it and just enjoy the whole collective experience with the bigscreen and surround sound 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just scheduled mine too.  Could get Pfizer tomorrow but can't get Moderna until November 4th.  I do not want to mix.

I’m Moderna. I wanted to wait till my flu shot ripened a little, so we’re getting our Boosters Wednesday. 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

Wow, congratulations.  What a wonderful achievement.  

Is the booster shot everyone is getting, new or just a 3rd shot of what was already given previously?  When Jack and I went to Walmart for our booster shot we were informed that we are getting a 3rd shot exactly like the 2nd. I googled and I think that's what it is but CC has the most current, up to date info!!😏

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1