Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The beautiful bride and me....

Bride and me.jpg

Correction! "The beautiful bride and the beautiful you."

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Turned into this. 

66F27255-3B86-47B1-AF79-F9650479FBF7.thumb.jpeg.f862247ab308456f3ce09091f4affbd3.jpeg

That is one gorgeous ribeye. I take it tasted as good as it looked. I did filets tonight.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I vote for maybe not.

Winner. I was clouded by a momentary lapse of judgement.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

@Sea DogI always pat the side of the plane’s doorway as I board.
So far I’ve had a couple of “it almost happeneds”, but landed safely every time.  
I think I’ll start doing that when I board a cruise ship. 

I've never heard about that. I will start doing that.

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

No, don't do that.  Just hug all the crew members you see.  When we were going on Ovation in September, I pictured some officers and crew members lined up right inside the ship welcoming passengers as they got on the ship and I was going to hug each of them.  And I knew there would have been tears involved.  But there was nobody there to welcome us so I was saved from the wet eyes.  LOL.  I think I remember when we went on Celebrity, they had some crew lined up inside the ship and handed champagne to passengers as they got on.

I know it will be very emotional for me when I board. No kissing the ground but I may need to hug someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I fear covid will still be here but our vaccine immunity will diminish.  A shot every 6 months?

I had horrible vestibular side effects from the 2nd moderna. Sickest I’ve ever been.  If I get the same from a booster I’m done with COVID vaccines. I’d rather take my chances than go through the same thing again. Maybe should try Pfizer this time. 

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

I had horrible vestibular side effects from the 2nd moderna. Sickest I’ve ever been.  If I get the same from a booster I’m done with COVID vaccines. I’d rather take my chances than go through the same thing again. Maybe should try Pfizer this time. 

Sorry you had to experience a rough side effect.  I would consult with my doctor before making any firm vaccine decision.  Maybe he can prescribe medication if those symptoms start right after taking the 3rd shot?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Next, just pictures, which are easier ...

The beautiful bride and me....

Bride and me.jpg

Her bucket

Bucket.jpg

The place where the religious ceremony will take place (chuppa)

Chuppa.jpg

The renowned chef came to greet the early guests.... As u can see, I was quite elegant in comparison to the "surroundings".... But got plenty of compliments for my shirt 😉

Chef.jpg

ME 😟

DANI.jpg

The ceremony under the chuppa

ceremony.jpg

The food was very disappointing (taken into account that the chef had a 2* Michelin restaurant...), so some neighbors at our table ordered..... the kids' menu 😁

Kids menu.jpg

You (and the bride) look beautiful Dani, love the red shoes 👠 

Pity about the food, especially when he is a 2*

Michelin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, Sea Dog said:

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

I've been gone for a couple of days Greg so sorry for the delayed congratulations, but I'll echo what others have said...what a great way to finish a career!  I think you said that you previously won an Emmy.  Is this your second?

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a World Almanac from 1929.There is a section in it with ads from manufacturers of products used for various medical problems that seem very strange these days.When I was a kid one could go into a pharmacy and get Turpin Hydrate over the counter and other products available now by prescription or no longer manufactured

It's amazing how much medical science has evolved on the last 100 years.  I think it will be equally amazing how much further things evolve in the next 20 years.  Computers have opened up so much in the way of research and equipment.  I've read a number of articles about how experts predict that cancer treatment will become highly individualized.  Instead of having one preferred course of treatment for say breast cancer, an analysis of the patient will result in a highly customized treatment for just that patient and the specific issues that patient has.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Years ago I lived in a house with about 20 other people on the Iniversity of MN campus. We would make a grocery bag of popcorn and sneak it in. One time there were so many of us it got tiresome passing the bag up and down the row. Suddenly the one in charge of the "bag" was sending cartons of popcorn down to everyone. We didn't know until we got home that he picked the cartons from under the seats. 

BIG EEEWWW for sure.

Eerrrrpp!!   🤢

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. There were only two of us there at 11:30 for Pfizer but many more for Moderna.  The woman who administered my shot said yesterday was the first day for Moderna booster and they were fully booked for the next few days for that one.  Sore arm last night and a slight headache today.  Hope this is the worst of it!

Ah...OK, then that is why.   I called my pharmacy, since I had been trying for days to schedule appointment for Moderna booster I want before we leave for Washington state.  Young man told me I had to book online.  I said..."I HAVE been trying for days".  He sounded bored and simply told me the appointments must be all booked up.  I asked him, "how far are the appointments booked out to?"  He did not have a clue.  I asked him "Well, are we looking at 2 days..20 days..6 months" before I will have a chance?  He didn't know that either.  😖

If no go by the time we get back on Wednesday...I will head to CVS or Walgreens...or if all else fails.  Drive down to see my sister.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

There's still room here in Florida.  

Not much.  😉   

Housing is still a seller's market here.   Buyers have to compete with others for top bid on a house...over the asking price.  

Nice time to sell....but where do you go?  😉 

• Like 4

I don't want to clutter the thread with my videos, just made a test to see if I can upload directly from my IPhone, since yesterday, when I've tried through my computer, it was "too heavy".

I assume some of you will be able to see it. I can see it on my Iphone....

The reception in the garden, before the wedding ceremony.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 5

Just booked Moderna booster for both Bucky and I at Walgreens on the 3rd (yikes .....which is the morning before our early flight to Washington state...but better than nothing). 

My usual Pharmacy for years, has been Publix Pharmacy.  They used to be great...but with total staff turn over...not so much any longer.  Has messed us up too many times lately...they are the only Publix that does not have appointments and can't give me answers.  

Instead of driving to another Publix 20 miles away...I simply booked with local Walgreens.  Easy peasy, our appointments 20 minutes apart.  Good time to ask them about Covid rapid test as well, assuming we will still need it before our cruise on Harmony 11/28.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I don't want to clutter the thread with my videos, just made a test to see if I can upload directly from my IPhone, since yesterday, when I've tried through my computer, it was "too heavy".

IMG_6541.MOV 24.73 MB · 0 downloads

I couldn't pull it up using my laptop.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I think I've figured out how videos work (and don't work).  Windows cannot directly play a video recorded on an iPhone (it doesn't support the format).  If you record and post from an iPhone, someone using CC from an iPhone or a Mac computer will be able to see the video properly.  Someone trying to view from a Windows computer will see a paperclip with a filename.mov below it.  There's a problem with the CC software where clicking on the paperclip gives you an error message about the file being missing (even though it's not).  I haven't tested this, but I believe that videos recorded on an Android phone will play just fine on any device.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been gone for a couple of days Greg so sorry for the delayed congratulations, but I'll echo what others have said...what a great way to finish a career!  I think you said that you previously won an Emmy.  Is this your second?

Thank you Bob for your kind words. Great way to finish like you said. This Emmy is actually my 7th along with two Edward R. Murrow awards. I have always been a fan of the lucky number 7 as in playing craps. I guess nothing is better than finishing out with seven.

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

re the wedding ceremony.

I  can see it on my phone but not in my laptop.

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for the feedback, Pat.

It seems that I cannot upload a video longer than 16-17 seconds....😢

Try uploading to your You Tube account and then posting the link. CC seems to like YT embedded links.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It will not load on my Android mobile phone Dani.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I've figured out how videos work (and don't work).  Windows cannot directly play a video recorded on an iPhone (it doesn't support the format).  If you record and post from an iPhone, someone using CC from an iPhone or a Mac computer will be able to see the video properly.  Someone trying to view from a Windows computer will see a paperclip with a filename.mov below it.  There's a problem with the CC software where clicking on the paperclip gives you an error message about the file being missing (even though it's not).  I haven't tested this, but I believe that videos recorded on an Android phone will play just fine on any device.

I think you are right Bob. This has been my experience.