Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I hope her hand is ok.  That is great about good neighbors.  

My daughter told my grandkid Aubrey about Shashey’s thumb and that they would go check on her today and she said, “We could see if we can clean for her, or bring her food, or fix her lunch if we are there during lunch.”🥰

Well they are here and Aubrey already swept the floor and gave Sharon candy she got last night at a trunk or treat.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night Sharon was at a stop light when a car tried to beat the light by turning into the road she was on.  A car coming from the other direction hit the car and pushed it into Sharon. The hit caused the steering wheel to spin real fast and it hurt Sharon’s hand pretty good.  It’s feeling better today.  We have an advantage of living in a small town for 25 years.  One of best friends is a doctor and came to the scene to check on her.  Also Sharon was on the phone with our Orthopedic Dr. asst. and shortly there after we were talking to the owner of the body shop.  Good neighbors taking care of us.  While typing this the Orthopedic friend called to check up on her and set up an appointment for tomorrow.

Yikes!  Thank god for good neighbors and thankfully it was "just" her hand that was hurt & the airbags were not set off.

Yesterday, I was at a stop light and a car next to me in the left turn only lane. As soon as the light turned green, he drove straight ahead and almost hit me as he had to swerve to avoid on-coming traffic. I'm not sure if he changed his mind at the last second about turning or if he was trying to cut ahead of me & and a long line of traffic in a very busy downtown but all he had to do was toot his horn and signal to me that he wanted to go straight & I would have let him. As it turns out, I was behind him for the next 10 minutes so it's not like he cut off a lot of time to his destination.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My biggest fear for driving (more for Micheline and my daughters) is that they will be driving perfectly well but still get into an accident because of some idiot...like the one who hit Sharon.  Hopefully she recovers quickly.  It's always good to have friends with special skills.

I always think this when I see some crazy fool driver - he/she will come out unscathed and some innocent person will be injured.  

@Ozark_Kid Glad Sharon wasn’t seriously injured. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My daughter told my grandkid Aubrey about Shashey’s thumb and that they would go check on her today and she said, “We could see if we can clean for her, or bring her food, or fix her lunch if we are there during lunch.”🥰

Well they are here and Aubrey already swept the floor and gave Sharon candy she got last night at a trunk or treat.

Very sweet!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yikes!  Thank god for good neighbors and thankfully it was "just" her hand that was hurt & the airbags were not set off.

Yesterday, I was at a stop light and a car next to me in the left turn only lane. As soon as the light turned green, he drove straight ahead and almost hit me as he had to swerve to avoid on-coming traffic. I'm not sure if he changed his mind at the last second about turning or if he was trying to cut ahead of me & and a long line of traffic in a very busy downtown but all he had to do was toot his horn and signal to me that he wanted to go straight & I would have let him. As it turns out, I was behind him for the next 10 minutes so it's not like he cut off a lot of time to his destination.

Thanks.  Sharon was so thankful the airbags did not go off.  Sharon handled it so well.  When the young lady came to Sharon to check on her she was so scared.  Sharon told her not to worry, it was an accident.

• Like 2

I’m looking long and hard at Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne on 11/28.  Ports are nothing great but reading about everyone’s cruises just has me wanting to be on a ship no matter where it goes!  We loved Anthem, love being able to drive to port and haven’t experienced Perfect Day yet, so…..

Prices are pretty darn good too.  YOLO!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m looking long and hard at Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne on 11/28.  Ports are nothing great but reading about everyone’s cruises just has me wanting to be on a ship no matter where it goes!  We loved Anthem, love being able to drive to port and haven’t experienced Perfect Day yet, so…..

Prices are pretty darn good too.  YOLO!

Carpe Diem! Grab it while you can!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night Sharon was at a stop light when a car tried to beat the light by turning into the road she was on.  A car coming from the other direction hit the car and pushed it into Sharon. The hit caused the steering wheel to spin real fast and it hurt Sharon’s hand pretty good.  It’s feeling better today.  We have an advantage of living in a small town for 25 years.  One of best friends is a doctor and came to the scene to check on her.  Also Sharon was on the phone with our Orthopedic Dr. asst. and shortly there after we were talking to the owner of the body shop.  Good neighbors taking care of us.  While typing this the Orthopedic friend called to check up on her and set up an appointment for tomorrow.

I hope her hand is more sore than injured.
Accidents happen so fast there’s no way to prepare, and often being prepared makes it even worse on the body. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:04 PM, island lady said:

Me as well, I have a Ganglion Cyst...which has been there since my idiot ex husband banged my hand on the counter one day (on purpose) about 45 years ago. 😠  It has never gone down, but never enlarged.   

That is really interesting.  My sister is prone to these cysts and the second time one appeared on her wrist, she was taken back when the doctor then asked her about her home life, namely if she was being abused.  I did not know they were caused by trauma.  Unfortunately she has had about 6 to deal in different areas of her body. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Ah...OK, then that is why.   I called my pharmacy, since I had been trying for days to schedule appointment for Moderna booster I want before we leave for Washington state.  Young man told me I had to book online.  I said..."I HAVE been trying for days".  He sounded bored and simply told me the appointments must be all booked up.  I asked him, "how far are the appointments booked out to?"  He did not have a clue.  I asked him "Well, are we looking at 2 days..20 days..6 months" before I will have a chance?  He didn't know that either.  😖

If no go by the time we get back on Wednesday...I will head to CVS or Walgreens...or if all else fails.  Drive down to see my sister.  

Last month, Jack called Walmart and they told him we can come in anytime for the 3rd Moderna shot which we did.  No wait at all.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I don't want to clutter the thread with my videos, just made a test to see if I can upload directly from my IPhone, since yesterday, when I've tried through my computer, it was "too heavy".

I assume some of you will be able to see it. I can see it on my Iphone....

The reception in the garden, before the wedding ceremony.

IMG_6541.MOV 24.73 MB · 0 downloads

I was able to view your other videos but not the latest.  And BTW, I can speak for all when I say you re NOT cluttering.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Bob for your kind words. Great way to finish like you said. This Emmy is actually my 7th along with two Edward R. Murrow awards. I have always been a fan of the lucky number 7 as in playing craps. I guess nothing is better than finishing out with seven.

Very impressive that your achievements were recognized by your peers 7 times!  Kudos also to your win on the two Edward R. Murrow awards.  Not only did you finish with seven, you finished a winner!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Oh no...so sorry to hear about Sharon.  😞  Hope her hand gets better soon, and they charge the selfish  idiot that caused the accident.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Home from my trip.  Had a really good time and bought a lot of yarn.  I did miss Samantha, not sure she missed me since my husband spoiled her rotten while I was gone1131995486_Samantha16.thumb.jpeg.adf9cc15e8c756594de50fbb8e78b335.jpeg.

Awww...so pretty and precious looking as usual.  And of course she missed her Momma!!  Nice to hear the hubs is spoiling her too.  😉 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:
3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Very impressive that your achievements were recognized by your peers 7 times!  Kudos also to your win on the two Edward R. Murrow awards.  Not only did you finish with seven, you finished a winner!

Thank you Bonnie so much!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

We had a big rig tractor trailer pass us on extremely busy I-75 3 days ago.  Not unusual.  We keep just under the speed limit and stick to the slow lane.  Passing us is fine, but trying to cut back in before he was actually past us...not so good.  Happened so fast that Bucky did not even have time to blow the horn.  

Luckily was just enough room along the side of the highway to quickly jerk out of his way (not easy with a large RV and a Jeep towing behind us).   Defense driving saved us and avoided a major accident, especially since we were going over a long low bridge on the water.   Things were shook up inside the land yacht, and we felt the bumps of the side of the road pretty hard, but he was able to keep it on the road and get back on.  

The jerk truck driver sped up big time, guessing he knew what he did...I was unable to catch the name on the truck or his license tag number.  Definitely made the blood pressure rise!!  😮 

Just one more reason to be done with RV travel.  We already had one careless 16 year old smash up our first RV cutting us off on a highway entrance ramp in Michigan.  This was just a reminder.  

Prefer to have the ship's captain drive us now.  😉 

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It seems like they think they’re getting ahead when more than likely they are saving only seconds.

Not to mention they look completely annoyed when you slowly saunter up next to them at the next red light.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have missed what has been going on here, since I have been busy with my live report this week.  I hope someone will be able to summarize what I missed when I get back next week.  

One of the things I posted about this morning was the difference in using a Fitbit tracker vs an Apple Watch on a cruise ship.  Susan and I are part of a heart study using the Apple Watch and an iPhone.  They are trying to determine if some of the sensors can give early warning for heart problems.  

I thought it was funny that I received this little article this morning, as part of the study. 

8145CB9E-EA58-418D-A50D-D43D3DBD1A77.thumb.png.44319fb9e4565c80a52388fac4cb93a6.png

61D697BF-51B7-464F-A88C-CB2F8DF914DE.thumb.png.ae71d9d2c7899a5ffef62254020fb51b.png

I would say my decision to cruise was a good one. 😀

• Like 5

@dani negreanu I love and have enjoyed the pics and videos of the wedding.  What a night to remember.  So many beautiful and happy people.  You look beautiful.  The scenery is beautiful.  What a great place for a wedding!

I found a site that can convert an iPhone video to mp4.  I tried to figure out a way to download your video and convert it for you but CC is not allowing it.  I recorded a short video on my iPad and tried it and it worked.  https://www.onlineconverter.com/iphone-video 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

We had a big rig tractor trailer pass us on extremely busy I-75 3 days ago.  Not unusual.  We keep just under the speed limit and stick to the slow lane.  Passing us is fine, but trying to cut back in before he was actually past us...not so good.  Happened so fast that Bucky did not even have time to blow the horn.  

Luckily was just enough room along the side of the highway to quickly jerk out of his way (not easy with a large RV and a Jeep towing behind us).   Defense driving saved us and avoided a major accident, especially since we were going over a long low bridge on the water.   Things were shook up inside the land yacht, and we felt the bumps of the side of the road pretty hard, but he was able to keep it on the road and get back on.  

The jerk truck driver sped up big time, guessing he knew what he did...I was unable to catch the name on the truck or his license tag number.  Definitely made the blood pressure rise!!  😮 

Just one more reason to be done with RV travel.  We already had one careless 16 year old smash up our first RV cutting us off on a highway entrance ramp in Michigan.  This was just a reminder.  

Prefer to have the ship's captain drive us now.  😉 

That deserved a certain finger gesture out of the window.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My biggest fear for driving (more for Micheline and my daughters) is that they will be driving perfectly well but still get into an accident because of some idiot...like the one who hit Sharon. 

+ 1 This. @Ozark_Kid Glad Sharon is OK.

Hopefully she recovers quickly.  It's always good to have friends with special skills.

@Keksie - Samantha is getting prettier and prettier 🥰

@Sea Dog - So impressed with all your achievements. Chapeau 👍

@h20skibum - Short summary of "Routine"....

Mallory's US was OK, as well as Lenny's wife Toby is better ( @lenquixote66) -- good.

Mimi ( @jagsfan) will need surgery, scheduled for Nov. 9th -- bad.

It is what it is ( @Lionesss).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That deserved a certain finger gesture out of the window.

Would have loved to...but man handling our large RV with the Jeep attached instantly like that...was all he could do.  Usually he is pretty good at blowing that large motor home horn...just no time then...except to keep it from going off the bridge.   😮  Was a bit of a nail biter.  

Just wish I could have caught the truck company name and truck number, but I don't think there was any obvious markings.  Probably owner/operator that does not give a crap about other drivers.  He may not escape, the next time he does that to someone.  His time is coming.  👿

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I found a site that can convert an iPhone video to mp4.  I tried to figure out a way to download your video and convert it for you but CC is not allowing it.  I recorded a short video on my iPad and tried it and it worked.  https://www.onlineconverter.com/iphone-video 

You can also use the video editor app that comes free with Windows 10.  Just add your video by itself to the storyboard and then click on Finish Video to export to .mp4.  This works great for videos shot in landscape mode.  If you shoot in portrait mode though, the software outputs to landscape mode with black bars on either side.  I haven't figured a way around that.  Video Editor doesn't have a let of flexibility in what it does.  It's meant to be a very simple app.

• Like 1