Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 10/21/2021 at 9:40 PM, Sea Dog said:

Forgive me but I must brag for a minute.

Part one just wrapped up of the Sea Dog Retirement Cruise. Mrs. Sea Dog (aka Linda) officially retired today one week before I retire next week.

I'm so proud of my wife Linda as she was honored with her announcement of retirement. Frank White Jackson County Executive presented a proclamation honoring Linda’s 23 years as a public servant.
Here is the announcement that Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker wrote on Linda.

"Linda works as in the Family Support Unit where she began her career in July of 1998. Linda has served the office and the children in our community with distinction for over 23 years in the Family Support Division as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Trial Team Leader and the Deputy Director. Linda was named the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Family Support Attorney of the Year Award, a record three times and was also awarded the Jackson County Distinguished Leadership Award. Most importantly, Linda has positively impacted the lives of thousands of children during her career in the office, zealously advocating on their behalf to establish paternity and child support orders. She has made our office better in countless ways and she will be greatly missed."
May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'Retix ement Happy 22 BEGINS PROCLA MATION'

Wished I could of gotten a pic with masks. She really was smiling.

Some might recognize the name Frank White. He was one of greatest KC Royals shortstops to ever play the game. Winning a World Series in 1985 and was 8 time Gold Glove award winner. He got into politics and does a great job as exec for the county that makes up most of Kansas City Missouri. He also was my son's private hitting instructor as a kid. I known Frank for over 38 years covering him as a sports photographer for KMBC-TV.

Here is the wonderful proclamation from the county.

807456086_LindaProclamation.thumb.jpg.1aad777836a375ff342aed1fb2fcd055.jpg

Next up was Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker who presented a plaque and thanked her for everything she had done for children and families of the county.

727874199_JPBPRESENTS.jpg.45f1a75366bf64cc85155a541157640f.jpg

I could not be more proud of her and what she does.

I'm next with retirement next week.

Then we cruise.

Now back to your regular scheduled programing.

Congratulations on your wife’s accomplishments and retirement. You have every right to be a proud hubby and to brag.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

I wanted to get married on ship or a sandals resort , lost that battle. Really warm day here just got out of pool, 86 currently, might have one more day of pool weather.

Yes, tomorrow will  be in the 80s again, then Wed. and rest of the week, will drop down to low 70s, upper 60s.  I love when we have weather that doesn't require AC or heat.  Keeping windows open is a such a pleasure. 

• Like 4

On 10/21/2021 at 3:40 PM, grapau27 said:

Thanks Bob.

This is the offending spot.

Graham.

IMG_20210915_102553.jpg

On 10/21/2021 at 9:25 PM, Sea Dog said:

That looks exactly like the spot I had and in just about the same spot.

Mike also had one removed in the same spot.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, Lionesss said:

Well got a little surprise today when I logged into my RCI web site. 

It updated our cruise points and we are now, DIAMOND PLUS. 

It took only 6 days for the points to be added. 

😃

Welcome to the club. You will be Pinnacle before you know it. 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 2:51 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Scheduled my Covid booster for Tuesday!

We are scheduled for the 1st.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:08 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Smooth sails and wonderful cruises to you on Odyssey and Arzeena on The Edge.

+1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:08 AM, A&L_Ont said:

This happened yesterday. 

ED03E29A-F9B8-429D-90E1-308F216FEC81.thumb.png.892f32f2f88dc0d7c7799a0f86a5b92b.png

Is that from trimming back or do you have to pull them out every year? Down here we just have to keep pulling weeds. 😁

• Like 2

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks for the suggestion!!  I just checked on line with our local Walmart...indeed wide open for booster shots for Moderna.  🙂    

Just got appointments for both Bucky and I on Friday now,  rather than wait until the 3rd at Walgreens.  🙂 

Wonderful!  

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1998 it was snowing when I left work so I opted to take an express bus home rather than the subway.The bus broke down ,no heat or lights.The bus driver told us passengers that we could either stay on the bus till a replacement bus would come or get off.It was in a high crime area very far from where I lived.I was going to stay on the bus.A woman said she was pregnant and preferred to walk to a pay phone and call her husband to pick her up.She asked if someone would go with her.I was the only one who said I would go.She said her husband would drive me home.We found a phone booth.She called him.I told her to stay inside the booth with the door closed .I stayed. outside.Her husband arrived 30 minutes later and said he was not taking me home.She yelled at him.When he arrived at his house he said he was not going any further and I would have to get out.

It was late at night and I was a mile from home.I found another phone booth ,called Toby and told her that the bus broke down and I was walking home.I did not tell her what happened.I then walked home.

The jerk wouldn't take you home which was 1 mile away?

Lenny, I am always amazed that you know exactly what year it was when you relate a story.

Good luck with all your doctor appointments.

Weddings:  My in-laws paid for our wedding in Israel since as I stated previously we only had 10 from our side out of 250. My parents offered to help but my in-laws refused.

I will never forget one wedding gift.  A family of four came and gave us a lovely thin 5x7" faux wooden tray.  When turned over, "Alitalia Airlines" was prominently displayed!!  😝 Very good friends of my in-laws who couldn't believe it!  Jack and I laughed for years after that gift was opened. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:10 AM, h20skibum said:

Today is boarding day for Odyssey of the Seas.  I did start a thread, so look it over if you are interested.  Not sure if I will stay up to date with it.  If not, it just means I am off having fun, internet problems, fill in the blank….

Have fun on your cruise.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, Arzeena said:

I see the O docked from my hotel window. And a huge Princess ship. OMG she (the Princess one) is making other ships look like baby ducks. 

Our boarding time on the Edge today is 3 pm to 3.30 pm. Will look out for the Odyssey sailaway and wave from the Edge.😁

Enjoy your cruise.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:38 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Last night my daughter,mother of Mallory got a call from the doctor who wanted Mallory to have the MRI.The doctor got the results of the Sonogram that Mallory took Thursday morning.Toby said “thank goodness for the insurance company who required the sonogram prior to the MRI.

The sonogram showed that it is a Ganglion Cyst and not a tumor.Why the doctor could not properly diagnose this I have no idea.I had a ganglion cyst on an elbow several years ago.I went to a doctor who diagnosed it and drained it.Two weeks later I was fine.

The doctor is now telling my daughter that they can either leave it alone or have it drained.My suggestion to my daughter and son in law is to have it drained and never go back to this doctor again.She made us all “crazy” with worry.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for your well wishes and prayers.I will never forget them

So happy to hear it’s not a tumor.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, Sea Dog said:

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

Congrats to another great accomplishment.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:41 AM, grapau27 said:

IMG_20211024_123142.jpg

Some people are so amazingly talented.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:00 PM, dani negreanu said:

Next, just pictures, which are easier ...

The beautiful bride and me....

Bride and me.jpg

Her bucket

Bucket.jpg

The place where the religious ceremony will take place (chuppa)

Chuppa.jpg

The renowned chef came to greet the early guests.... As u can see, I was quite elegant in comparison to the "surroundings".... But got plenty of compliments for my shirt 😉

Chef.jpg

ME 😟

DANI.jpg

The ceremony under the chuppa

ceremony.jpg

Dani, you look stunning and the blouse is beautiful. You should wear it more often. The venue is beautiful. Also love the colors in her bouquet and calla lilies are some of my favorite.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.     I love going to weddings but also know they are very costly here in the US and I always think it is really necessary to spend $50,000 to $100,000 on a wedding that lasts just a couple of hours and what the young couples could do with that money - like buy their first house, etc.      

So happy when I heard our Son and his Fiance decided they do Not want a big wedding at all.    They want just a small simple day with immediate family and friends - probably 25 to 30 people at most.    I suggested they get married on a cruise ship or a caribbean island.   My brother and his wife got married in St Lucia then came home and had a reception in their back yard.

Costly here as well. A lot of young people are opting for overseas weddings. Think they do the legal bit here in a registry office and then 'marry' again abroad . My sister in laws daughter got married in Nice and the her son on the shores of Lake Como. And my son this Autumn has been to two weddings abroad, one in Cyprus and one in Rhodes. 

The cost of my sons  wedding this Summer was split between both sides of the family and the couple . It was delayed a year because of covid and the extra year gave my gourgous DIL more time to think up more wedding ideas.  My son put his foot down at 'petting zoo' and ice sculptures 😄

But it was a wonderful day 😊 

My other son is very independant and if they ever get married I think it will be very low key

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Also love the colors in her bouquet and calla lilies are some of my favorite.

Indeed, the colors were amazing. I didn't know calla lilies come in other colors than white....

The neighbors insisted we take home some of the tables' bouquets, they are beautiful.

Also, all the guests received small bottles of olive oil [the bride's uncle is a producer]. 

olive oil.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

We paid for our own wedding. We were married on a Hornblower ship. Four hour San Francisco Bay cruise, full buffet lunch and open bar. We were married by Captain Frank before we left the dock. You have to be married in the county your license is issued in while docked. It was a good sized party ship, and we had about 70 people. 

My mom purchased my dress for $75. We found it at a sample store for wedding dresses. And excellent seamstress that she was, she was able to alter it perfectly. My mother in law gave us a wonderful week long Caribbean cruise on the old Regal Princess. 

The doves were actually homing pigeons that belonged to the owner. :classic_biggrin: The only sad part is that my maid of honor and Bill's best man (his brother) are both gone.

Wedding photo.jpg

Beautiful wedding photo, some great memories for sure🥰

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why not from Mexico? Do they taste a lot differently?

The news says there is a massive throw away of all individual onions from Mexico.

Do not know if it is the usual, "I'm going to fertilize with human waste (e-coli) or the new Salmonella.

Just do not consume, or you will be making a lot of waste, and be very very sick.

Take care

Sorry saw this was answered twice before, Just got up and a little late

But third time is a charm.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congratulations on your wife’s accomplishments and retirement. You have every right to be a proud hubby and to brag.

Thank you Renee I am very proud of her. She is the better half.

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congrats to another great accomplishment.

Thank you it was a great week. One more to go for me.

6 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have to share… my Andrew scored both goals in his team’s final soccer game of the season, which they won 2-1. Basketball is up next - his favorite! He’s 11.

5577F02C-37C6-4C62-88FD-55BCFA6B2A25.jpeg

Congratulations to Andrew. It's so fun to watch them play.

• Like 4

We paid for our wedding too. I wanted people to walk away remembering the food so we had a 10 course meal. When we had kids it was decided that we would make sure they would be able to graduate from college/grad school with no debt instead of paying for a wedding. Our son is getting married on Friday at the courthouse. 

• Like 6

Didn’t want to put a damper on her lucky streak, however here it goes.  Charlie had to go for a Covid test yesterday for an upcoming procedure.  Test was positive so today we both went for the up the brain one.  They think it was a false positive as he feels fine.  Will find out in 24 to 48 hours.  It just was not what we were expecting😳Although life with Charlie is always interesting!

• Like 12