Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Same here with me. I do get concerned.

I don’t know how many time I like walk into the kitchen and start turning around in circles trying to figure out what I came in to get.  Sometimes I don’t remember, walk back to the living room, sit down then remember.  😂 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t know how many time I like walk into the kitchen and start turning around in circles trying to figure out what I came in to get.  Sometimes I don’t remember, walk back to the living room, sit down then remember.  😂 

I do this ALL THE TIME!! I thought something was wrong with me but my friends told me they do it too. LOL!!!

• Like 5

Sharon’s doctor appointment went well.  X-ray shows the right thumb is fractured but will not require surgery.  The left thumb is sprained.  One good thing that may come of this, we may be able to get our insurance to cover a bone density test that Sharon has been needing.  The Dr said this being another break might be enough to get it approved.

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Man we are too much alike. I do the same thing. Sometimes I open the refrigerator when actually I want to open the pantry next to it. Sometimes I think it’s more of a focus thing than memory. My mind races all over the place thinking of stuff.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cynt said:

I do this ALL THE TIME!! I thought something was wrong with me but my friends told me they do it too. LOL!!!

It was really starting to frustrate  me.  I would be having a conversation and then brain freeze. Sharon calms me down and let’s me know it’s not just me.  Mine goes because I get to many thoughts going at one time.  How about having a conversation, get interrupted, and then have no clue wha you were talking about.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have to share… my Andrew scored both goals in his team’s final soccer game of the season, which they won 2-1. Basketball is up next - his favorite! He’s 11.

5577F02C-37C6-4C62-88FD-55BCFA6B2A25.jpeg

Excuse me, our Andrew!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, dbancroft said:

One bad part of getting married on a beach is random people in bathing suits walk by as ceremony was taking place. 

When our daughter was married in Central Park, people would stop to look, but there weren't any distractions.  We have seen many a couple get married at our beach in Naples around Sunset.  They stand just at the edge of the beach/water and marry as the sun begins to set.  Beautiful!  Last year we saw our first Proposal.  They really went all-out, and it was great to watch.  The couple were adorable!

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

. We found out about 2 months ago that we might not be able to go to Cleveland Clinic anymore because of issue with their agreement with United Healthcare. Found out about a week ago things were worked out and we will be able to continue to go there.

Jim and I were both City workers and have been very fortunate with the Health care that we've had.  Right now all the City Unions have combined and are trying to have an injunction against the City for trying to change the health plan of the N Y City Retirees.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The storms we had last night were not as bad as news was predicting.  Some thunderstorms and downpours but not as windy as expected here. Sky is a little brighter now but very muggy here.

NY and further north is still getting lots of rain.  Hopefully everyone is doing ok.

I was going to ask how you made out with the weather.  We've dodged the bullet, once again, thank goodness!

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We paid for our wedding too.  When we had kids it was decided that we would make sure they would be able to graduate from college/grad school with no debt.

Our son is getting married on Friday at the courthouse. 

We  did the same with our 3 daughters College tuition.  They were quite grateful for this.

Congratulations on you son's Wedding this Friday!!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Didn’t want to put a damper on her lucky streak, however here it goes.  Charlie had to go for a Covid test yesterday for an upcoming procedure.  Test was positive so today we both went for the up the brain one.  They think it was a false positive as he feels fine.  Will find out in 24 to 48 hours.  It just was not what we were expecting😳Although life with Charlie is always interesting!

Hopefully you both are negative.  Best of luck with Charlie's upcoming procedure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father had a cousin who came with his family,4 people to our wedding.The guy was a very prominent NY doctor.Their gift was $25.

My wealthy aunt and uncle came by Jacksonville almost 60 years ago in early spring on their way back to NY from wintering in Palm Beach. They were invited to our wedding, but said Jacksonville was too far. 
They asked to take our wedding album with them to show our relatives. 
Stupid me, I assumed they would mail it right back. 
Six months later, we got it in the mail. It was mailed from Jacksonville on their way back to Palm Beach. 
We never got a wedding gift or even a card. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have memories from when I was 2 years old .That to me is very strange.

I have a couple of memories from that age. 
I can remember conversations from 50 years ago verbatim. My friends email me with questions they don’t have answers to. 
Over the last couple of months, though, I have had problems thinking of a word. 
If I move on to something else, it will  pop into my mind. That has always worked, but it happens more frequently  now. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

29 minutes ago, cynt said:

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Man we are too much alike. I do the same thing. Sometimes I open the refrigerator when actually I want to open the pantry next to it. Sometimes I think it’s more of a focus thing than memory. My mind races all over the place thinking of stuff.

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was really starting to frustrate  me.  I would be having a conversation and then brain freeze. Sharon calms me down and let’s me know it’s not just me.  Mine goes because I get to many thoughts going at one time.  How about having a conversation, get interrupted, and then have no clue what you were talking about.

Just now, George C said:

Count me in this club also .

+ Applying for membership to this exclusive club too 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Amen to that! My memory stinks and is getting worse. It's scary, really. 

My big problem is forgetting words.  I find that frightening.  

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Same here with me. I do get concerned.

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

My Dad died from complications associated with dementia, so that makes it even more worrisome. 

My mom had some dementia, but I feel that it was due to her macular degeneration, since she was always reading, and once her sight was gone, I feel that she couldn't stimulate her brain as well.  She also had had 2 strokes, but I still think the dementia was caused due to her blindness😢

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon’s doctor appointment went well.  X-ray shows the right thumb is fractured but will not require surgery.  The left thumb is sprained.  One good thing that may come of this, we may be able to get our insurance to cover a bone density test that Sharon has been needing.  The Dr said this being another break might be enough to get it approved.

I'm sorry about both of Sharon's thumbs.  She must be in so much pain.  Luckily she doesn't need surgery, though, and hopefully your insurance will get her the bone density test.  Positive thoughts for quick healing for Sharon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1977 I was driving on an icy street and teenagers decided to run me off the road.I lost control of my car and smashed into a lamp post.I was not injured but my car sustained damage.I was able to get out of the car and walk two blocks to a pay phone and called Toby’s step father to get me home .Those teens are in their 60’s now .

Hopefully they learned something and had nightmares for years about what they did.  

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon’s doctor appointment went well.  

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@Ozark_Kid That’s great news. Glad it wasn’t too serious.

+1 👍

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My wealthy aunt and uncle ..... We never got a wedding gift or even a card. 

That's why they were wealthy.... 😢

Same goes about your well known doctor, Lenny ( @lenquixote66)

One thing I can't stand is someone being cheap.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Didn’t want to put a damper on her lucky streak, however here it goes.  Charlie had to go for a Covid test yesterday for an upcoming procedure.  Test was positive so today we both went for the up the brain one.  They think it was a false positive as he feels fine.  Will find out in 24 to 48 hours.  It just was not what we were expecting😳Although life with Charlie is always interesting!

Oh no, let's hope that was a false positive or simply asymptomatic if anything.    

how will they handle his procedure if he tests negative this time but had a positive the first time - a third test or simply delay the procedure for 2 weeks?

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

If it is positive at least we feel fine and hope to stay this way..  staying home is frustrating though, so much to do.

Yes, that is the most frustrating part.     When Eric had covid and I was fine a couple times I got my keys and coat on thinking I was going out but was reminded, No I am quarantined too.    a couple of times i just took car rides by myself to get out of the house   It was far too cold to go for walks in early Feb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don't know how I would survive without post it notes.   

• Like 5