Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Birthday Graham.You are one of the nicest people I have ever “met”.

Best wishes for a wonderful day.May all of your wishes come true.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Thank you so much Lenny for your lovely message.

Wishing you and your family good health and happiness always.

Sincerely.

Graham.

How about this new longest-ever world cruise just offered by RCL?  Pretty amazing!! The itinerary is beautifully presented. If you look at the "print version" a calendar comes up with really cute icons. 274 days!! It dwarfs by a mile all other previous world cruises. Get it all done in one shot - see the highlights of the entire world, then finished. I'd personally be ready to jump overboard after probably 2 months onboard though. WAY too long for me. Starts at $61k - not really that bad - but of course that's probably an inside cabin. Tempting since it's on the Serenade - we were on her for a Baltic cruise. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

At my daughter’s wedding one of her bridesmaids didn’t give a gift.  However, we think her drunk husband lost the card but my daughter wouldn’t ask!

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, I drove home to SI to be a bridesmaid in a friend's Wedding.  It was around 1968.  I didn't bring a date, and I gave the Bride a generous monetary gift.  Three years later, she was one of my bridesmaids.  She gave me a statue, and as she did so, she said that I had only given her a $10 bill.  I was speechless.  Her Maid of Honor's name was Maryann.....so, there's that!🤔

After we had our first daughter, we were invited to this "friend's" house for dinner.  Our daughter was around one years old, and had spaghetti on the floor where she was eating.  Friend looked at me and said "You're cleaning that up".  Of course, I was going to clean it up....seriously??  I believe that was the last time we saw each other.  Good grief!

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lunch today.

IMG_20211027_120624.jpg

Happy, Happy 65th Birthday to our kind and wonderful friend across the Ocean, Graham!!!!🎂

Have a fabulous and memorable day today!!!🎂❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, I drove home to SI to be a bridesmaid in a friend's Wedding.  It was around 1968.  I didn't bring a date, and I gave the Bride a generous monetary gift.  Three years later, she was one of my bridesmaids.  She gave me a statue, and as she did so, she said that I had only given her a $10 bill.  I was speechless.  Her Maid of Honor's name was Maryann.....so, there's that!🤔

After we had our first daughter, we were invited to this "friend's" house for dinner.  Our daughter was around one years old, and had spaghetti on the floor where she was eating.  Friend looked at me and said "You're cleaning that up".  Of course, I was going to clean it up....seriously??  I believe that was the last time we saw each other.  Good grief!

Goodness, what a stinker.  I don't blame you for not seeing her again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am going to meet a new kitty at the animal shelter this afternoon. She is 2 years old and was already spayed when she came to the shelter as a stray. It makes me sad to think she had a family at one point and what might have happened. I hope she likes us.

Thank you for loving this Kitty who needs a loving home.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am going to meet a new kitty at the animal shelter this afternoon. She is 2 years old and was already spayed when she came to the shelter as a stray. It makes me sad to think she had a family at one point and what might have happened. I hope she likes us.

Awesome that you are opening your home to this cat. She will soon learn that her life is about to get so much better.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Very cool , should get two

• Like 5

So finally got away for more than just a 4-5 day trip. First longer trip since covid. Last year this time we attempted a short trip that resulted in my wife falling and breaking her arm!  So that one got cut short.

This year just got back from a week in Cape May followed by a week in the Poconos. Got this pic the one morning. I like the cloud formation and sun rays shooting through. Place on the bottom left is your typical oceanfront mansion along Beach Avenue. It was rented out by a big group that was involved in a wedding on the beach right across from our balcony. Interesting to watch, but I felt bad for them since it was a very blustery day. Women in fancy dresses and wearing high heels to trudge out on the sand while the wind was blowing pretty hard. They had about 60 chairs set up in all. Unfortunately, the day before was beautiful - 80 degrees - which really brought out people and umbrellas. It was like a summer day on the beach. Water was probably in the high 70s. Did some great wave jumping - can't recall ever doing that before in October in NJ. 

IMG_1483.jpeg

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@grapau27Adding to everyone else's wishes:  Graham, have a fabulous birthday with Pauline by your side.  Make it super memorable!  Your lunch looks fabulous and of course you're wearing my favorite shirt.  😄

image.jpeg.2a7969305a74f7b1d55642e8b4a2fd60.jpeg

Thank you Bonnie.

Pleased you liked the New York Polo shirt.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Graham...great water view from your place!!

Have a good one. I turned 65 last December - can't believe that the number will turn yet again in just a few weeks. Faster and faster the way it seems. 

Thank you.

We were in a lovely hotel overlooking Lake Windermere.

Graham.

• Like 2