Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, sgmn said:

So sad, its like a bereavement of a thousand cuts 

My mum was in a care home on a dementia wing before she passed away March 2019 and I can absolutely feel what you are going through. 

The care home we chose was brand new and in my village so we could visit daily, and we were lucky she never got to the stage where she forgot who we were, though she did other family members who couldn't visit so often

But after yet another really bad fall, it was the hardest decision to agree with my brothers that she couldn't cope by herself anymore and needed 24 hour care, and one I will always feel guilty about.

Mom is getting great care at the VA. They only take memory patients there. It's separate from the hospital. The hospital is run by the federal government and the memory care unit is run by the state.

We were going to go over this weekend to decorate for Thanksgiving but they're under another lock down due to another covid case on her floor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy was content watching Owen get in the bus this morning. She wasn’t moving from

her perch at 7:25 today. 

FF9B5186-C0FE-475D-8085-663DD4FB5382.thumb.jpeg.bb216d18d3f2ff34e35b0ac2f76aaaf1.jpeg

Lucy, the "watch-cat"!   Adorable!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Mimi, you are in our thoughts and prayers for positive results from surgery.  😍

+1🙏❤️

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghh!  People never cease to amaze me.  Sorry you had to go thru that, but sounds like it was for the best.

Yes, I had never met someone quite like her before, nor ever after all of these years.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I know some of you who watch Survivor wait until you watch it on your DVR to avoid all of the commercials, so I certainly wouldn't give anything away.  I will just say, WOW.  That is all.

Weird season!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Lucy, the "watch-cat"!   Adorable!

+1🙏❤️

Yes, I had never met someone quite like her before, nor ever after all of these years.  

When one of my daughters was having a Bas Mitzvah I invited co-workers who I was friends with.One woman came with her obnoxious boy friend who spent the entire evening,or so it seemed telling people how wealthy he was.When they were getting ready to leave she was on line to say goodbye to my family members and to give her gift which she believed her boy friend would be giving.He embarrassed her by literally pulling her off the line and saying he was not giving a gift because he did not know us.I do not know if she had money on her or borrowed some from other co-Workers because there was $100.00 in cash and a hand written note from her.

I am happy to say that she did not marry him.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I know some of you who watch Survivor wait until you watch it on your DVR to avoid all of the commercials, so I certainly wouldn't give anything away.  I will just say, WOW.  That is all.

I will watch it tomorrow on DVR. My 17 year old granddaughter and I differ in who we are rooting for this season.One of the people I am rooting for has the same first name as her and that is why I am rooting for that person.She smiled when I told her that.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, OnTheJourney said:

Some research shows a 30% increased risk of acquiring alzheimer's if a close relative had it...for what that's worth. 

My mom got it. A rare form that starts early. She was in late 60's when it became noticeable but looking back, she was showing signs in her early 60's that were just dismissed as "senior moments'. 

I'm 57 so of course, I'm concerned. tick, tick, tick....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

My mom got it. A rare form that starts early. She was in late 60's when it became noticeable but looking back, she was showing signs in her early 60's that were just dismissed as "senior moments'. 

I know what you mean. My mom and her half-sister has/had dementia. Every time I can't think of a word I stress out. I play a lot of word games hoping that will help brain function. We did not have children so I don't know who would look out for me if something happens to my husband. Luckily, he's several years younger.

I have a younger sister but she thinks the answer to covid is a vitamin regimen so I'm not going that route.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

But that is why we have Google :classic_tongue: I just had to look up the medication that my mom was taking for her fear of memory loss. It was Aricept. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Graham...where in England?  We were supposed to come into Tilbury at the end of a Northern Lights cruise but unfortunately the weather had other plans. The cruise ended abruptly with half the passengers being airlifted to safety by the Norway equivalent of the US Coast Guard rescue helicopters. The only time we've been to England thus far was back in '08 and so were really looking forward to it. 

The Lake District is in Cumbria in the extreme North west of England.

We live near Durham 100 miles from Lake Windermere in the North East of England.

We are about 270 miles from Tilbury.

Graham.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wish we still had that over here. We had a couple of series about 20 years ago and I really enjoyed it. Now we just have the celebrity version each year. Its called 'I'm a celebrity...get me out of here'

It's usually filmed in the Australia outback and the contestants always flew out on the airline I use to work for. We always use to try and guess from the placeholders bookings who was in the show before it was announced.

For the last two years it's been filmed in a ruined Welsh castle because of covid 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm enjoying it.  It will be very interesting to see how the new twist that they threw in last night will play out.

I hope she breaks the hour glass. It will cause much more reaction than if she leaves things as they are. Besides, it is the safe people that banished her into solitary.

• Like 5