Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

Congratulations 🎉  This is Awesome.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

What a way to go for you both. I am so proud and I don't even know you.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations 🎉  This is Awesome.

Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

What a way to go for you both. I am so proud and I don't even know you.

Even more  reason that we should hook up on a cruse together. Let's grab a dink together.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Even more  reason that we should hook up on a cruse together. Let's grab a dink together.

Haha. I'm not so sure about a dink but I'm always up for a drink.

Our next cruise is (hopefully) Feb 14, 2022 down towards Panama on Vision.

The next is the March 2023 Bella cruise. We're doing a back-to-back on that one.

John is retiring next Feb/March. We may pick up an Alaskan cruise in the summer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last night my daughter,mother of Mallory got a call from the doctor who wanted Mallory to have the MRI.The doctor got the results of the Sonogram that Mallory took Thursday morning.Toby said “thank goodness for the insurance company who required the sonogram prior to the MRI.

The sonogram showed that it is a Ganglion Cyst and not a tumor.Why the doctor could not properly diagnose this I have no idea.I had a ganglion cyst on an elbow several years ago.I went to a doctor who diagnosed it and drained it.Two weeks later I was fine.

The doctor is now telling my daughter that they can either leave it alone or have it drained.My suggestion to my daughter and son in law is to have it drained and never go back to this doctor again.She made us all “crazy” with worry.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for your well wishes and prayers.I will never forget them

SO happy to hear this piece of great news. Mallory must be so happy. 

My daughter had a ganglion cyst in her wrist. It was surgically removed, since her doctor said that it could come back if drained. It was painful. She wanted it out. So we opted for that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's a blast from the past. I loved my Sony BetaHiFI. I used it for video but also recording more than 3 hours of high fIdelity audio. It was like have a reel to reel.

I still have a reel to reel but have not used it in years.

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

SO happy to hear this piece of great news. Mallory must be so happy. 

My daughter had a ganglion cyst in her wrist. It was surgically removed, since her doctor said that it could come back if drained. It was painful. She wanted it out. So we opted for that. 

They typically refill if just drained and not removed so I am a bit perplexed about some posts here where people just had them drained. Years ago people with them in their wrists were sometimes told to take a heavy book and slam it onto the area to break up the capsule.... medicine has evolved.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations!   Such a wonderful honor.   I am sure this week will fly by and before you know it you will be having a blast on your cruise.   I think you should turn it into a b2b

• Like 1

Very chilly morning at Lbi.   Heading out to the Chicken or the Egg for breakfast with our neighbors.    Love their eggs benedict with crab and really good coffee too!

We will be leaving here Wednesday or Thursday to head back home.   

I'm excited to see my babies, Eva and Sparky, but will miss my daily walks on beach and bike rides.   Hardly use the cars while hear.   

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very chilly morning at Lbi.   Heading out to the Chicken or the Egg for breakfast with our neighbors.    Love their eggs benedict with crab and really good coffee too!

We will be leaving here Wednesday or Thursday to head back home.   

I'm excited to see my babies, Eva and Sparky, but will miss my daily walks on beach and bike rides.   Hardly use the cars while hear.   

It is cold here too...44°. I am not happy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We haven't been to the movies for YEARS. When we did go I would bring a very large brimmed hat. Put it on every time someone behind me kicked my seat. Got those people to stop kicking the seat real fast.

Yeah, just not worth it.  Plus wondering what your feet are resting on below you in the dark....eeww!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They typically refill if just drained and not removed so I am a bit perplexed about some posts here where people just had them drained. Years ago people with them in their wrists were sometimes told to take a heavy book and slam it onto the area to break up the capsule.... medicine has evolved.

The Mayo Clinic web page does not recommend the heavy book slamming method for treating ganglions.  I’m guessing the son-in-law is now happy the insurance company prevented him from paying for the MRI out of pocket.  

20 minutes ago, NHProud said:

The Mayo Clinic web page does not recommend the heavy book slamming method for treating ganglions.  I’m guessing the son-in-law is now happy the insurance company prevented him from paying for the MRI out of pocket.  

I said.... years ago.... and....  medicine has evolved.

Did I miss something about paying out of pocket?

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations Greg.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Haha. I'm not so sure about a dink but I'm always up for a drink.

Oops. Fat fingers + not wearing my glasses + a few cocktails = Poor spelling. At least you knew what i meant.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Congratulations!

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still have a reel to reel but have not used it in years.

I had a Sony reel to reel. I loved that machine. It eventually died on me. I wish I still had it.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations!   Such a wonderful honor.   I am sure this week will fly by and before you know it you will be having a blast on your cruise.   I think you should turn it into a b2b

Thank you Debbie. Hmmmm b2b...."honey get out the credit card"

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Now I know someone famous!!!!!!!

OKAY, now let me be the first to ask:

Can I have your autograph?

Like I posted before, what a great way to recognize all the hard work and dedication to your profession.

Enjoy your success.

Be safe

Lol Thank you Sue. I imagine the the best autographs are ones when it's a check made out to you.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Heartfelt congratulations, Greg.

Such a great achievement and a marvelous "send off" into retirement 💐

• Like 3