Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@lenquixote66Lenny what a relief and what wonderful news!  You might not believe this but before reading your good news I kept thinking that maybe the sonogram would show something different from what the doctor thought and that it would not require an MRI!  

Thanks,Bonnie.We were hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

• Like 1

Our grandson Jack is a Freshman this year and is on the Student Council at the High School which is located behind the woods just behind our house.  This is Homecoming Weekend.  So much excitement around here!  Last night was the Homecoming Football Game, and the Lacey Lions won.  I walked over, hoping to see the band and football players come out before the game started, but just missed it.  Darn!  

Tonight is the Homecoming party.  I got goose bumps when I passed the school and saw the parking lot all set up with a tent with a dance floor, and tables and chairs.  The party started at 5:00 and boy, can we hear the beat of the music here in the house😁.  After watching Mark and Azeena's Sail Aways, my daughter and I went for a walk (just happened to be walking past the school) and got to see these kids having such a great time dancing and singing the words.  Man, I love it here!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

We enjoy going to the theater and out to eat. Date nights. Currently just out to eat a few times a week. Unfortunately nothing worth going to see at the theaters currently. Last time we went to the theater was 2019. Nothing in 2020 and so far nothing in 2021. Bummer! I still have a DVD player and VHS player. I video all our vacations and burn them to a DVD movie format. We prefer video over pictures. 

I have a DVD player and a portable one plus two VCR’s .I have many music DVD’s .

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Finished John Grisham’s new book last night.  I have read everything he has published.  Love most of his books.  Every now and then he seems to write one just to fulfill his obligations!

I read his first dozen or so books , then h wrote a book that the evil companies polluting the land and causing cancer wins at end of the book. He put a note at the end that this happens in real life, but this is fiction and I want the good guys to win. Prefer David Baldacci 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Finished John Grisham’s new book last night.  I have read everything he has published.  Love most of his books.  Every now and then he seems to write one just to fulfill his obligations!

Are you familiar with the author Archer Mayor ? He is a Constable in Vermont and a member of his town Volunteer Fire Department.He has written about 20 books of fiction all with characters living in Vermont.

A member of my HS alumni association is a friend of his .She told him that I read all his novels and he sent me a beautiful autographed poster of one of his books.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Jack is a Freshman this year and is on the Student Council at the High School which is located behind the woods just behind our house.  This is Homecoming Weekend.  So much excitement around here!  Last night was the Homecoming Football Game, and the Lacey Lions won.  I walked over, hoping to see the band and football players come out before the game started, but just missed it.  Darn!  

Tonight is the Homecoming party.  I got goose bumps when I passed the school and saw the parking lot all set up with a tent with a dance floor, and tables and chairs.  The party started at 5:00 and boy, can we hear the beat of the music here in the house😁.  After watching Mark and Azeena's Sail Aways, my daughter and I went for a walk (just happened to be walking past the school) and got to see these kids having such a great time dancing and singing the words.  Man, I love it here!!

Homecoming for my granddaughter who is a Senior in HS was last week.She was in my house today and talking about the colleges she is going to apply to.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last night my daughter,mother of Mallory got a call from the doctor who wanted Mallory to have the MRI.The doctor got the results of the Sonogram that Mallory took Thursday morning.Toby said “thank goodness for the insurance company who required the sonogram prior to the MRI.

The sonogram showed that it is a Ganglion Cyst and not a tumor.Why the doctor could not properly diagnose this I have no idea.I had a ganglion cyst on an elbow several years ago.I went to a doctor who diagnosed it and drained it.Two weeks later I was fine.

The doctor is now telling my daughter that they can either leave it alone or have it drained.My suggestion to my daughter and son in law is to have it drained and never go back to this doctor again.She made us all “crazy” with worry.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for your well wishes and prayers.I will never forget them

Wonderful news Lenny!  Such a relief for your whole family.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, George C said:

I read his first dozen or so books , then h wrote a book that the evil companies polluting the land and causing cancer wins at end of the book. He put a note at the end that this happens in real life, but this is fiction and I want the good guys to win. Prefer David Baldacci 

I read most books of both authors .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That's great!  The kids have been so much with home schooling, etc.  Its so nice to see them enjoying life again😍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you familiar with the author Archer Mayor ? He is a Constable in Vermont and a member of his town Volunteer Fire Department.He has written about 20 books of fiction all with characters living in Vermont.

A member of my HS alumni association is a friend of his .She told him that I read all his novels and he sent me a beautiful autographed poster of one of his books.

I will check him out.  I love to read, always looking for new authors.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just looked at his Wikipedia, he was born in 1950 also, now I will order some books!!!

Brad Meltzer is an author of about 50 books ,fiction,non fiction and children’s books.I am friends with his uncle.I have only read one of his books but I liked it a lot.

• Like 1

Brad Meltzer is a great author!  :classic_smile: I quit Grisham for a while after "Rogue Lawyer".  Which seemed like a book that he had just phoned in and had published. I will still buy them if they are on sale. :classic_smile:

Robin Cook is the same way. Some are good, and others just seem to be meeting his contract. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, island lady said:

I seem to always get a seat in front of rude people that talk loud, and are generally disruptive.  Not to mention getting a seat (way too many times) where the child behind me keeps kicking my seat.  😣

We haven't been to the movies for YEARS. When we did go I would bring a very large brimmed hat. Put it on every time someone behind me kicked my seat. Got those people to stop kicking the seat real fast.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

What's the name of the newest? The Camino Island/Wind books were excellent. 

So 6 days before I retire and then happens….

Proud and and honored to win my last Emmy as the video editor for “The People and Police” in the category of Interview and Discussion Long or Short form.

Needless to say the cocktails are flowing now!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2