Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks!  I definitely want to hear the results of your Turtle Krawl testing.  Looks delicious from the ingredients.

Thanks so much!

The first one turned out perfect. I did 4 oz each of oj and pineapple juice. The splash of key lime juice keeps it from being too sweet. 

6026DD76-E490-4933-B834-587D886B9E4F.jpeg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Giveaway: "young man".😁

It makes me crazy!!  When we were at a Rod Stewart Concert at MSG, people were constantly getting up in front of us and coming back with their drinks...I truly don't remember people doing such a thing years ago.  Don't get me started with people sitting and drinking/slurping during a Broadway Play.  Rant over!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jim and I began our yard work at 8:00 this morning, due to today's heat.  He did the weed-whacking, while I mowed the front lawn.  Jim then vacuumed the pool, while I did other "fun"🙄 yard work.  The temp hit 92 here today.

• Like 1

8th Grade Graduation is at 6:00 this evening at the High School which is behind the woods behind our property.  People line up on our block to park once the school parking lot is full.  Traffic gets crazy for both Graduations here.  The High School Graduation is next Monday.  Jack will be either producing or taping the High School Graduation for YouTube.  Ryan will be playing Pomp and Circumstance(?) with his school band for the 8th Grade Graduation.  I'm heading to the backyard, hoping I'll hear the band.  We definitely hear the graduates names announced from the loudspeakers,👩‍🎓👨‍🎓

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I began our yard work at 8:00 this morning, due to today's heat.  He did the weed-whacking, while I mowed the front lawn.  Jim then vacuumed the pool, while I did other "fun"🙄 yard work.  The temp hit 92 here today.

My neighbor across the street from me said he will mow our lawn while we are away - said he works for Fudge.   

It was very warm down the shore.    On the beach there was a nice ocean breeze early on then when we back after some lunch/snack we were attacked by green head flies as there was now a warm land breeze.      I usually have some skin so soft but didn't have in my bag since it was so nice earlier in the day.   Putting that in my beach bag tonight incase that happens again.     Life problems at the beach😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hopefully what breeze there is is coming from the ocean. I see you came back for lunch and are going back so it must be an ocean breeze.  Those land breezes can be  a painful  fighting the flies.

Getting ready here for another afternoon Thunderstorm, not as humid as yesterday but still pretty warm.

Going to a Hot Air Balloon Glow this evening hopefully if the bad weather clears in time. Here is a video from back in 2016, just what it is(Glow)?

https://fb.watch/dIyOfhS4ox/

I just replied to Luckynana about the flies.       When we went back after lunch around 2:30ish and sat down within minutes our legs were covered in flies.      land breezes are the worst.     When I realized I didn't have my skin so soft spray (does help) and we didn't feel like moving our chairs to the water since it was so cold we called it quits and came back to the house by 3:30.    

Weather should be beautiful this weekend, I will have to look and see which direction wind is coming from, hopefully not the west

Have fun at the Hot Air Balloon Glow - that looks like fun!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It makes me crazy!!  When we were at a Rod Stewart Concert at MSG, people were constantly getting up in front of us and coming back with their drinks...I truly don't remember people doing such a thing years ago.  Don't get me started with people sitting and drinking/slurping during a Broadway Play.  Rant over!

Things are not the same as they were in our youth .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

8th Grade Graduation is at 6:00 this evening at the High School which is behind the woods behind our property.  People line up on our block to park once the school parking lot is full.  Traffic gets crazy for both Graduations here.  The High School Graduation is next Monday.  Jack will be either producing or taping the High School Graduation for YouTube.  Ryan will be playing Pomp and Circumstance(?) with his school band for the 8th Grade Graduation.  I'm heading to the backyard, hoping I'll hear the band.  We definitely hear the graduates names announced from the loudspeakers,👩‍🎓👨‍🎓

Enjoy the festivities

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My neighbor across the street from me said he will mow our lawn while we are away - said he works for Fudge. 

I bet he would love tomatoes too!  One of the neighbors that I share tomatoes with looks after things without me asking.   I have found out he has watered plants while I am gone.

My youngest DD is not going this year.  She plans to water some while we are gone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I bet he would love tomatoes too!  One of the neighbors that I share tomatoes with looks after things without me asking.   I have found out he has watered plants while I am gone.

My youngest DD is not going this year.  She plans to water some while we are gone.

Yes, he does love when we give him stuff from our garden.  And I will bake him a nice peach pie from our homegrown peaches.    He lost his wife last year to covid and he is constantly looking for stuff to stay busy.  He helps many neighbors with various projects.  So he will mow the lawn while my other neighbor cat sits and waters the flowers.   

We have the best neighbors 🤩(except for the one jerk to the right of us and the reason we got a fence).    

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, he does love when we give him stuff from our garden.  And I will bake him a nice peach pie from our homegrown peaches.    He lost his wife last year to covid and he is constantly looking for stuff to stay busy.  He helps many neighbors with various projects.  So he will mow the lawn while my other neighbor cat sits and waters the flowers.   

We have the best neighbors 🤩(except for the one jerk to the right of us and the reason we got a fence).    

We have wonderful neighbors who will do anything for us .We get at least one call a day from people going food shopping to ask if we need anything.

However,we also have one jerk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's sad he has lost his wife.  I am sure he sees the blessing of having caring neighbors surrounding him.

I love peaches. I have always been surprised how well they grew near Lake Erie.  Back in the day there was a lady that made peach pie near Lakeside.   We would always get one.  It was said when she was no longer there.  Now when we go to Lakeside we stop at a fruit stand that sells Amish pies.  Sooo good.

(except for the one jerk to the right of us and the reason we got a fence)

🤣

I started laughing when I saw this. Great neighbors then this. 😆 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in Atlantic City now, making our points for next year.  It would be cheaper to pay for our freebies than gambling for them🥴

Good luck to both you and Charlie!  Have a great time, and win big!!!!😉

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I like the first row in the balcony so nobody can block our view , in one of our favorite venues in Dallas they do not allow people to go in front of the stage and block our seats . Shame when you spend lots of money for tickets and can’t enjoy the show. 

• Like 2