Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I only know of one manufacturer that you can pick up in Stuttgart….😁

I’ve been and driven by said facilities.

it is an awesome experience.  I highly recommend it.  Did for the 50th birthday in Stuttgart and the 60th in Gothenburg.

jc

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Andrew- I think that both Mercedes and Porsche are available in Stuttgart. 

My husband’s friend Richie has an auto body company that specializes in repairing German automobiles- BMW, Audi, Porsche and Mercedes. I recall him talking about the locations of the automakers in Germany.

MJ🙋🏻

Technically, the Mercedes place is in Sindelfingen.  Which is outside of Stuttgart, but nobody knows of that small town.  The DW wanted a convertible but with Auto transmission, so MB it was.  

It looks like we dodged the bad part of a storm the other night.  Lots of hail damage and downed trees.  It passed a couple miles north of us, but we didn’t even get a drop of rain.

It is 52° this morning with a high in the mid 60’s today.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Was the Netflix show "Anatomy of a Scandal" ever discussed here? Just finished the 1st episode and find it intriguing, well written, well acted and addictive.  

There are five more episodes. I may make myself a pot of coffee with a Red Bull chaser & power thru the rest of the series tonight. 

Just watched first two episodes last night , interesting show. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

it is an awesome experience.  I highly recommend it.  Did for the 50th birthday in Stuttgart and the 60th in Gothenburg.

jc

I know a guy who has done 2 trips in the last 3 months to Germany. One to Leipzig and one to Stuttgart. Amazing photos from his journey. 😁

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have all of their albums, and quite frankly most of their songs on albums are complete rubbish, but there was almost always a few awesome songs on each album.  A lot of bands had albums with a full listening of good songs.  Queen had crap, and wow.  I can’t think of a single album of theirs that all of the songs stand up 40-50 years later.  

The Moody Blues, The Who, Genesis, Yes, Led Zeppelin, had complete albums of awesomeness.  Queen had lots of *****, and wow.  

JMHO, and YMMV

jc

John Lodge of the moody blues was on our cruise a couple of years ago and will be on our March cruise . He was interesting he has been married since 1968 and his wife has little knowledge of what he does , the famous bass player was given a custom bass by fender , he showed it to his wife and her comment was it is missing two strings. ( Rick Wakeman of Yes will also be on our March cruise) 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have wonderful neighbors who will do anything for us .We get at least one call a day from people going food shopping to ask if we need anything.

However,we also have one jerk.

LOL, the jerk is every where!😆

Look at it this way.......That "jerk" in everyone's life has an important role.........he/she is responsible for keeping us appreciating the "non jerks" and counting our blessings. 😁

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Was the Netflix show "Anatomy of a Scandal" ever discussed here? Just finished the 1st episode and find it intriguing, well written, well acted and addictive.  

There are five more episodes. I may make myself a pot of coffee with a Red Bull chaser & power thru the rest of the series tonight. 

We saw that.
I like Michelle Dockery, but I liked her in Downton Abbey more.
I did not like the show that much, but I cannot say that it is not interesting. Kind of binge watched it. Addictive ...yes!

So get your coffee and red bull and watch it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would of loved to see him. I’m a huge Wakeman fan!

We love our rock and romance charter cruises we have seen Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs, America, Todd Rundgren, Mellisa Manchester and so many more and have gotten to talk to many and have lots of signed albums and cd’s . 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I harvested my first garlic. 30 bulbs so far.  The smaller ones looked more than ready now.  Will harvest the rest in the next couple days. 

image.thumb.png.97f9b7e9fa142bf5baadfff2023a384d.png

Yummmm.    I love garlic.     I am going to have to try this in my garden, maybe this fall.    Do they take a lot of space?

• Like 1

Glorious day at LBI.    Little bits of clouds and bit windy on the beach, but no sign of greenhead flies this morning.     My Brother and his wife should be here by noon.     They said there is a lot of traffic with it being Father's Day weekend, schools done and a 3 day holiday weekend for some.       If traveling anywhere this weekend, be safe and enjoy😃

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Look at it this way.......That "jerk" in everyone's life has an important role.........he/she is responsible for keeping us appreciating the "non jerks" and counting our blessings. 😁

Very good point,Arzeena.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The series was very good .I believe it was discussed but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Was the Documentary about Studio 54 and Steve Rubell ever discussed here ,I cannot remember.Even though it was not entirely factual I found it interesting as Steve and I were very close friends from age 16 to 19.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have all of their albums, and quite frankly most of their songs on albums are complete rubbish, but there was almost always a few awesome songs on each album.  A lot of bands had albums with a full listening of good songs.  Queen had crap, and wow.  I can’t think of a single album of theirs that all of the songs stand up 40-50 years later.  

The Moody Blues, The Who, Genesis, Yes, Led Zeppelin, had complete albums of awesomeness.  Queen had lots of *****, and wow.  

JMHO, and YMMV

jc

I have every album ever released by Queen and I totally disagree with you .While I am and always have been a huge fan of Moody Blues ,The Who and Led Zeppelin ,in my opinion Genesis and Yes cannot compare with Queen.However,as I have said many times on this board if we all had the same opinions it would be a very dull world.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

While I am looking forward to Fathers Day tomorrow when my daughters,son in laws and grand dogs will be in my house for brunch today is a sad day. On this day,18 years ago my beloved 19 year old cat Punky left the planet.As I do every year I shall light a candle in her memory.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I did not know there were still Beach Boys concerts.   We saw them in 80's at Mud Island and thought that was a late date for there concerts.  John Stamos was with them.  At the time I didn't know he was a musician. 

I liked the song too.  Different style compared to some of their more popular music.  

I think Mike Love is the only one that has recently been performing.  The group broke up on bad terms and he has the legal right to use the name. There were several lawsuits back and forth and I believe but don't quote me, that Brian Wilson & Al Jardine had to use a slightly different name back when they performed. Which doesn't seem right as Brian was the creative talent in that group.

I saw them in the late 1980's as part of a 60's revival concert along with Gary Puckett & the Union Gap and a few others. Let's just say, it seems like their age and/or lifestyle had caught up with them. It wasn't a great concert.  And I love the Beach Boys music. Play it all the time, even at Christmas time. Love "The Man With All The Toys".

• Like 2

I also need to find the PBS documentary on Brian Wilson.  He seems like he was a tortured soul. I didn't realize he started to have mental issues as early as 1964 or 1965, I thought those came much later.  He also stop touring with the band after 1964 and then only sporadically years later. Glen Campbell filled in him at concerts for awhile.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

I looked into this several years ago but don't remember the details.  Do you need to drive it a minimum number of miles, or just to one of the ports?  How long does it take for the car to get shipped once you drop it off?

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have the best neighbors 🤩(except for the one jerk to the right of us and the reason we got a fence).    

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have wonderful neighbors who will do anything for us .We get at least one call a day from people going food shopping to ask if we need anything.

However,we also have one jerk.

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are pretty lucky with our neighbors😊

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I don't particularly care for 3 out of the 4 neighbors whose properties abut mine.  I guess that makes me the "jerk". 😟

I am good friends with several that live up the street from me and they have been looking out for me over the past year. Maybe I'm just in the wrong location. 🤔

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I also need to find the PBS documentary on Brian Wilson.  He seems like he was a tortured soul. I didn't realize he started to have mental issues as early as 1964 or 1965, I thought those came much later.  He also stop touring with the band after 1964 and then only sporadically years later. Glen Campbell filled in for at concerts for awhile.

American Masters | Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road | Season 36 | PBS

Micheline watched it said that she didn't know how many problems Wilson had. She also said that he had a therapist for a while who mentally controlled/abused Wilson.  I haven't see it yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Does it have cloves if you peel it some? Although, as I recall, when I grew garlic from store cloves, it looked like that too. :classic_smile: Tasted fine though! And yours are a nice size. 

Yes, they have cloves.  In October I plant cloves and they winter over.  If you plant in the spring and harvest in the fall, they most likely will not produce multiple cloves.  If you buy the garlic from a grocery store they may grow but usually they spray them so they don't sprout and last a little longer on the shelves.  It's fun to harvest them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

American Masters | Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road | Season 36 | PBS

Micheline watched it said that she didn't know how many problems Wilson had. She also said that he had a therapist for a while who mentally controlled/abused Wilson.  I haven't see it yet.

One of what I thought was the. Most interesting things was he was over 300 ponds and addicted to herion , Alcohol and cigarettes, he was asked which of the three was the hardest to give up and he said cigarettes. 

• Like 4