Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have all of their albums, and quite frankly most of their songs on albums are complete rubbish, but there was almost always a few awesome songs on each album.  A lot of bands had albums with a full listening of good songs.  Queen had crap, and wow.  I can’t think of a single album of theirs that all of the songs stand up 40-50 years later.  

The Moody Blues, The Who, Genesis, Yes, Led Zeppelin, had complete albums of awesomeness.  Queen had lots of *****, and wow.  

JMHO, and YMMV

jc

I kinda agree with you. My first Queen album was a Greatest Hits album with almost 20 songs and I love every one of them. "Crazy Thing Call Love", "Killer Queen", "Fat Bottom Girls" and "You're My Best Friend" as some of my favorite as is "We Are The Champions".  Thinking that every song they had must be great,  I purchased a few others and was disappointed. Those 20 great songs were pulled from 15 or so albums. It seems each album as 1 or 2 great songs and the rest are not very memorable.

Curiously, my Greatest Hits album does not have "Bohemian Rhapsody" even though it's probably their biggest hit and signature song and had been released years earlier. Apparently, there are several versions of the Greatest Hits album, each with a slightly different track listing.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

…If you plant in the spring and harvest in the fall, they most likely will not produce multiple cloves.  

Will there just be fewer but larger cloves or a single large clove?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yummmm.    I love garlic.     I am going to have to try this in my garden, maybe this fall.    Do they take a lot of space?

I probably over grow.  I fill up a 4x8 raised bed.  This year I spaced them 6 inches apart which seems to work good.  Last year 4 inches and many did good. So if you just wanted to take up a 2x4 space you could grow 32 to 48 heads.  I planted 128 this year.   Last year 192 which was to many.  

If you decide to grow I will give you tips later like how to prepare them before planting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We saw that.
I like Michelle Dockery, but I liked her in Downton Abbey more.
I did not like the show that much, but I cannot say that it is not interesting. Kind of binge watched it. Addictive ...yes!

So get your coffee and red bull and watch it.

I did it, stayed up until 2 am to watch it. I liked it and would definitely recommend it,  but maybe my expectations from the first episode were set a bit too high.  I knew there would be several plot twists coming but there was one twist that I thought seemed to be a bit far-fetched.  Don't want to say what it is as to not ruin it for others, but it involves Michelle Dockery.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Will there just be fewer but larger cloves or a single large clove?

Normally it takes 8-9 months for a clove to grow to a bulb you can harvest.   I have not tried to grow in the summer because it's a lot more work.  It would have to be started very early and the cloves would have to go through vernalization.  That takes keeping them cold in the fridge for 6-12 weeks.  

I have heard some start with garlic seed and it groves a clove the first year and usually takes 2 years to develop a bulb.  

A lot depends on when you plant, what zone you live in and what variety you plant.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I did it, stayed up until 2 am to watch it. I liked it and would definitely recommend it,  but maybe my expectations from the first episode were set a bit too high.  I knew there would be several plot twists coming but there was one twist that I thought seemed to be a bit far-fetched.  Don't want to say what it is as to not ruin it for others, but it involves Michelle Dockery.

I’m adding this to our watch list. 
Any fans of Queen of The South here?  The most recent and final season came out on Netflix. We started watching it and had no idea what was going on so we decided to rewatch from the beginning. (This happens a lot LOL). Coincidentally,  I’m reading a novel about Mexican drug cartels and in my head, the characters are speaking with the accents of the characters in Queen of the South 🤣

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I don't particularly care for 3 out of the 4 neighbors whose properties abut mine.  I guess that makes me the "jerk". 😟

I am good friends with several that live up the street from me and they have been looking out for me over the past year. Maybe I'm just in the wrong location. 🤔

I am good friends with some of the people living on my street.Two of the residents on my street post on CC occasionally .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I kinda agree with you. My first Queen album was a Greatest Hits album with almost 20 songs and I love every one of them. "Crazy Thing Call Love", "Killer Queen", "Fat Bottom Girls" and "You're My Best Friend" as some of my favorite as is "We Are The Champions".  Thinking that every song they had must be great,  I purchased a few others and was disappointed. Those 20 great songs were pulled from 15 or so albums. It seems each album as 1 or 2 great songs and the rest are not very memorable.

Curiously, my Greatest Hits album does not have "Bohemian Rhapsody" even though it's probably their biggest hit and signature song and had been released years earlier. Apparently, there are several versions of the Greatest Hits album, each with a slightly different track listing.

That is not just Queen with regard to greatest hits albums.

52 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Any fans of Queen of The South here?  The most recent and final season came out on Netflix. We started watching it and had no idea what was going on so we decided to rewatch from the beginning. (This happens a lot LOL). Coincidentally,  I’m reading a novel about Mexican drug cartels and in my head, the characters are speaking with the accents of the characters in Queen of the South 🤣

I am a huge fan of Queen of the South.

• Like 2

My DD just notified us her credit card went on a shopping spree in Chicago....

Only one problem, she does not know who the suspect was to charge over $2000.

Contacted the bank, accounts closed, new cards to arrive Monday.

Today is a nice cool low 70's no humidity day.

Cleaned out one garage and filled a half a dumpster with "stuff you never know if you could use"

Tomorrow attacking the inside, basement and two closets.

At times, hard to let go of memories.

And

At other times glad to kiss the junk goodby.

Enjoy your day.

And an Early wish for All dads, fathers for their day.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Cleaned out one garage and filled a half a dumpster with "stuff you never know if you could use"

And

Enjoy your day.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

Sorry to hear about your DD.  It's such a pain getting everything changed over to a new credit card number.  The good news is that the credit card companies are good at handing this and it won't cost your daughter anything.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would of loved to see him. I’m a huge Wakeman fan!

I thought this was one of Rick Wakeman’s more eclectic albums.  

8B22C9B2-D92B-432A-BE1D-6CAEF8333A01.thumb.jpeg.8d9c959cae77622627c80700704a6bef.jpeg

In fact, back in my early days of making videos, I used the lead in to the track “Arthur” to mix the audio to overlay the titles on a VCR tape.  (Think VCR cameras circa 1982)

I built a mixer to link my stereo components to the VCR camera.  I can’t believe I still have that original “black box” laying around. 

B4E595FD-715E-4E7B-8A51-2BDB60941707.thumb.jpeg.a0514bd3be1f331e253d23c5202f6ce6.jpeg

It was a movie I shot with me and my son when he was about a month old. I even incorporated a little movie magic, making us disappear and reappear from a rocking chair.  I remember my grandmother was amazed by the video, and couldn’t figure how we did it. 

I must admit that cell phones and iMovie have made things much simpler. 

• Like 3

So Jade seems to have finally made the transition to her new home. She has transformed from a skiddish, hissing, hiding kitten into a playful, purring, talkative little girl who is constantly head butting my hand to get me to pet her. I guess she knows that she is safe. She also seems to have learned that it is much more comfortable on the bed than under it. Her eyes continue to make the transition from kitten blue to adult green. That is good or I would have to change her name!

20220618_140614.thumb.jpg.37ff32d5e965834ba1e19589155af3d3.jpg

1666350013_20220618_140614(1).thumb.jpg.ef9753f156329b05c85589155ab87f27.jpg

20220618_140517.thumb.jpg.a59f3620c44ea71af3e8e86853795a2a.jpg

• Like 30

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

8B22C9B2-D92B-432A-BE1D-6CAEF8333A01.thumb.jpeg.8d9c959cae77622627c80700704a6bef.jpeg

In fact, back in my early days of making videos, I used the lead in to the track “Arthur” to mix the audio to overlay the titles on a VCR tape.  (Think VCR cameras circa 1982)

I built a mixer to link my stereo components to the VCR camera.  I can’t believe I still have that original “black box” laying around. 

B4E595FD-715E-4E7B-8A51-2BDB60941707.thumb.jpeg.a0514bd3be1f331e253d23c5202f6ce6.jpeg

It was a movie I shot with me and my son when he was about a month old. I even incorporated a little movie magic, making us disappear and reappear from a rocking chair.  I remember my grandmother was amazed by the video, and couldn’t figure how we did it. 

I believe that's the album I had.  I enjoyed his time with yes and also enjoyed the Rick Wakeman music.   I always loved keyboards.   Him and Rundgren probably were the ones that influenced me to get a synthesizer. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So Jade seems to have finally made the transition to her new home. She has transformed from a skiddish, hissing, hiding kitten into a playful, purring, talkative little girl who is constantly head butting my hand to get me to pet her. I guess she knows that she is safe. She also seems to have learned that it is much more comfortable on the bed than under it. Her eyes continue to make the transition from kitten blue to adult green. That is good or I would have to change her name!

Happy to hear she is settling in nicely. Her face is so tiny. Can't wait to see her Jade green eyes.

9 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Happy to hear she is settling in nicely. Her face is so tiny. Can't wait to see her Jade green eyes.

I have been told it can take up to a year for the full transition in color but we will see. I have attached here a picture of her mother. This should be close to the finished product. Her father's eyes look the same.

FB_IMG_1648252513897.thumb.jpg.223648c0cee81a68ac5c4043fb16056f.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

And

Enjoy your day.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

I have two crates of stuff that I often say I am going to go through them and get rid of some things but I never do.I once had my grandkids take out my 300 VHS tapes but only got rid of 2.

54 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have that one. It’s great. I was also partial of 6 wives of Henry the 8th. When I saw him with Yes, I thought he was incredible. I loved him wearing that cape. Keith Emerson was my all time favorite.

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I believe that's the album I had.  I enjoyed his time with yes and also enjoyed the Rick Wakeman music.   I always loved keyboards.   Him and Rundgren probably were the ones that influenced me to get a synthesizer. 

Beautiful!!! What breed is that?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

She looks very soft. I’m glad she has warmed up to you. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This baby is adorable! And I just LOVE her name!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, we loved Queen of the South.   The last season is very intense.  Happy to say they tie up all the loose pieces and don't leave you wondering at the end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Fathers Day tomorrow to all those on here who are Dads and all those who have Dads.

My father passed away in 1981.I really miss him .

Thanks for the wishes Lenny. I’d like to think the fathers that we have lost are sitting together tomorrow enjoying the day with each other. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Happy to hear she is now loving her new forever home😻    she is a classic beauty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ball game update.

Owen’s team won 15-2 over 6 innings, but it was a slow start. We used 1 pitcher the entire game. So they are now 2/0 and have to win the game at 6pm against the other team that is 2/0 in their division. Top in each division move on (3 teams) and the team with the best record (wild card team) move on to play Sunday. 

I think I forgot to mention where we are playing, Brantford Ontario. The birth-town of…

498B520F-0DB1-433B-A709-5B704E11B785.thumb.jpeg.169c9d0f23c20ed8379986a283183d5a.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

So glad she is settling in and happy now.  Her eyes are beautiful now and looking at her mom they will be beautiful when she gets older.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1