Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the first cruise about reaching Diamond after that cruise and they can update your card for the second cruise so you get diamond benefits.

If you decide to do a 4 night in a JS, yes, you would get 8 points.

Thank you so much!!!  Big plus, since I wouldn't have to buy the drink package for the first of the B2B!🥰

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning from wet & soggy Sydney.  Spent yesterday raking all the leaves and doing loads and loads of washing to dry in the sun as we have another week of rain ahead of us.

Was looking forward to a family catch up at Dads this morning but woke up to a RATS photo from DS.  He has tested positive so decided to be cautious and not be around Dad myself.  Now we have a delicious red velvet cake for just the three of us to consume.

C499D7A5-50A5-4045-903B-08A0C533050A.jpeg

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much!!!  Big plus, since I wouldn't have to buy the drink package for the first of the B2B!🥰

There are a few decent benefits that add up.  You will each get a free 24 hour period of Voom, 1 free picture of your choosing each, buy one get one on drink to name a few.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There are a few decent benefits that add up.  You will each get a free 24 hour period of Voom, 1 free picture of your choosing each, buy one get one on drink to name a few.

Thank you again!🌹

• Like 1

I used to love swimming.  I was in the swim squad as an after school activity and my favourite activity from high school sport from getting the Bronze Medallion from the Surf Life Saving Association.  We would have sessions at the local rock pool.  One of the things we had to do to pass the test was put on several layers of heavy clothing, jump in the deep end and swim.  Loved it.

I don’t swim as much at pools these days.  A few years ago, we were staying in the Hunter Valley for the weekend and I was lucky enough to have the resort pool to myself. I spent ages swimming from one end of the pool to the other,  deep underwater.  Once I got back home I developed the worst ear infection that took repeated antibiotics to clear.  Our lovely local pool has signs up everywhere - no spitting allowed. That really puts you off in time of Covid.  And lastly, I have found ship pools to be unclean.  Always dead bugs or hair.  Ugh.

Love to swim in the ocean though.

• Like 5

Just now, Luckynana said:

Thank you again!🌹

You're welcome. 🙂  Booking another cruise to get the benefits isn't a bad idea when moving up to diamond, especially if you can find a cheap cruise.  There are definitely some decent prices out there right now.  We are looking but haven't booked anything yet.

• Thanks 1

Add me to the list of people that can't swim. I can float, I'm a real good floater. Lake, pool, ocean, doesn't matter. There have been times when I float on my back and the water is calm enough, I start dozing off only to be awakened by the life guard whistle if I drift to far away.

But when I start to swim, one of two things happen: I start to sink or I stay abouve water but no forward momentum. Just a lot of thrashing and splashing.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Particularly beautiful at our local reservoir in Northern New Jersey this evening... yes, I made my husband divert for a picture again. 

If he's like me, he probably rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath "There will be another sunset tomorrow". 😊😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No swimming pools for gym class while I was in school. I'm sure that was interesting.😜😁

My elementary school had swimming lessons as part of gym class.   They had different groupings.  Everyone started out as a tadpole and had to use kick boards, this was before kids had floaties for their arms.   I forget all the different names for the stages but you weren't allowed into the deep end until you were a shark.   By 5th grade I was shark.

In Jr High we used to play pool volleyball and do other lessons to learn backstroke, sidestoke, etc. and had swim meats with roped lanes and occasional water aerobics.  That pool had a large platform diving board we could use during free swim time.

Then high school we had various water sports and swim meats as part of gym class.   That pool had 3 different levels of platform diving boards.  The high board could only be used by strong swimmers and No goofing around was allowed.    I loved diving off the high board.  I learned how to do flips and different types of dives.   

The worst part was the girls never had enough time to shower and do hair and makeup.  You know teenage girl stuff.  😁   I remember a lot of times having wet hair that would freeze when I went outside.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7

Just now, HBE4 said:

If he's like me, he probably rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath "There will be another sunset tomorrow". 😊😉

He definitely rolled his eyes and groaned. 😉 But still turned down the road so I could get the shot. Ha.

• Like 4

With all of this talk about swimming,  I just wanted to add that our granddaughter Ava is a Lifeguard at one of the Jersey Shore Beaches, and she made a "save" on her first day on the job.  Two kids were caught in an undertow, and Ava and another lifeguard were able to get them safely back onshore.😊

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Add me to the list of people that can't swim. I can float, I'm a real good floater. Lake, pool, ocean, doesn't matter. There have been times when I float on my back and the water is calm enough, I start dozing off only to be awakened by the life guard whistle if I drift to far away.

But when I start to swim, one of two things happen: I start to sink or I stay about water but no forward momentum. Just a lot of thrashing and splashing.

My Dad taught my son to float on his back before he was 3 years old.  He had him float like a marshmallow and look at the clouds float by.  The two of them could float forever in the condo pool.  He also taught him to swim too though and he went on to be a lifeguard at the local YMCA all through high school and worked as a lifeguard at a boy scout camp during the summer.  Now as an adult when he goes out with his buddies wake boarding, he is still the designated lifeguard.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Once in Vegas I bought a dozen at the Excalibur, they made them fresh there.  Walking back to our hotel, it was so hot, and a guy selling water swapped me a bottle for a donut!!!

There were two Krispy Kreme locations just outside Boston about ten years ago.  Both closed because they couldn't compete with all the Dunkin Donuts around here.  Closest Krispy Kreme to me is at Mohegan Sun.😱

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

A neighbor of mine once cautioned me NOT to try an Italian restaurant not far from us.  She went on and on about how awful the baked ziti was.  That was the same dish my friend and I had for lunch and we both thought it was delicious.  

Hope you enjoy!

I had to add to the donut chat.  Look at these "Hurts" donuts.  The one next to "Cookie Monster" is amazing.

Image result for hurts donuts

Christmas donuts

Hurts Donut – Branson Christmas Info

They are beautiful.  I have never seen decorated donuts like these.   So fun😃

• Like 2

I grew up the street from the Tompkinsville Pool on Staten Island, which had 3 pools.    A huge baby pool, where the moms could sit and watch the little ones play;  a humongous 3 foot pool, and a 15 foot diving pool.  It was free in the mornings, and free swimming lessons were given at that time.  The pools were then closed at lunchtime.  We would all walk home for lunch, and return in the afternoon where it costs ten cents to go in. 

• Like 3