Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We will be trying a new Italian restaurant tonight on the island with some Italian friends (who definitely know good Italian food).  It's called Alloro Bistro and is a sister to the Alloro Restaurant in Sicily.  We talked to one person who said it was just OK, and to a couple who said it was outstanding.  The menu looks great and is supposed to be all made from scratch.  We'll see if the food lives up to the hype.

Our favorite restaurant for 30 years was a Italian restaurant owner/chef was Sicilian on both sides I was at his house many times at holiday parties and never heard her speak English. Problem was it was too upscale for the neighborhood, most people were happy with Olive Garden prices. I do get his cooking at most of our monthly poker games , we are the alternate host. My grandmother came to nyc in 1890 when she was 20 from Sicily.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My brother, I, and our friends were constantly in the water during the summer. I'm not sure we knew anyone who couldn't swim.

When I was 9 years old my parents and I were vacationing in a hotel that had a pool.A group of kids picked me up and threw me in the water not realizing that I did not swim.I had a water phobia afterward and have only been in a pool once since.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Italy has 60 million people

The USA has roughly 17 million residents of Italian descent. 

Natural that there are different ways of cooking

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I mentioned it as the person who didn't appreciate the local Italian restaurant may have been use to the style of a different region of Italy..... Duh😏

Absolutely agree, I just think it's funny whenever anyone mentions an Italian restaurant you know she will come back with "Yuck, they have horrible food", and she doesn't dissapoint.  We have tried to say maybe you are used to a different type and get no I know what real Italian food tastes like.  Many of us have given up talking about restaurants, of any kind actually, around her.

• Like 4

@dani negreanu Finally got around to reading your Beyond review over on the Celebrity boards.  The thread is now locked and only 4 pages long. I remember it being longer a few days ago. I'm assuming things got a bit nasty & many posts needed to be deleted? 

Anyway,  sorry the long awaited cruise was such a disappointment. As was the  "meeting" with Captain Kate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

As was the  "meeting" with Captain Kate

Thank you for the heads up. I'm quite surprised it was locked, even though, indeed, some replies were nasty, but the vast majority were very heart warming.

@Ocean Boy  BTW, no reply to my email to corporate.

Yes, the no "meeting" was disappointing, more so since she's continuing to show that people brought her the Trader's Joe snacks she asked for, and I KNOW that I had such a big part in this. 

I've asked cruisers in all the Beyond roll calls for May, June and July, as well as those in the other social site. I've answered their questions, kept track of who managed to buy them, wrote to "her" about them.

There is a huge difference between asking for them in tik-tok, and me "targeting" the very people who in a short time will board your "boat"....

• Like 13

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was 9 years old my parents and I were vacationing in a hotel that had a pool.A group of kids picked me up and threw me in the water not realizing that I did not swim.I had a water phobia afterward and have only been in a pool once since.

Paulines older sister(6 years older)threw Pauline into the deep end of the pool when she was a child and the lifeguard had to rescue Pauline and told her horrible sister off.

Pauline has never been in a pool since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Easiest way to learn to swim

3 hours ago, George C said:

Our favorite restaurant for 30 years was a Italian restaurant owner/chef was Sicilian on both sides I was at his house many times at holiday parties and never heard her speak English. Problem was it was too upscale for the neighborhood, most people were happy with Olive Garden prices. I do get his cooking at most of our monthly poker games , we are the alternate host. My grandmother came to nyc in 1890 when she was 20 from Sicily.

Blech on Olive Garden.  IMHO fake Italian food. Best restaurants are like the one you used to frequent.  Doesn't have to be upscale with expensive prices.  Not a chain but family owned and operated taking pride on what comes out of their kitchen.

• Like 5

Question for you guys.  After our Adventure cruise in September, Jim and I will only need 7 points more to become Diamond.  Yay!  We'll be doing our first B2B in March, the second being our Bella Cruise.  After the first leg, we will have completed the needed points.  I had "assumed" we would be good for the Bella Cruise, but I have read in the past that it takes a week or two for the points to be added.

So, here comes my question.  If we were to book a 4 night cruise in a Jr. Suite, would we get 8 points for the 4 nights??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Question for you guys.  After our Adventure cruise in September, Jim and I will only need 7 points more to become Diamond.  Yay!  We'll be doing our first B2B in March, the second being our Bella Cruise.  After the first leg, we will have completed the needed points.  I had "assumed" we would be good for the Bella Cruise, but I have read in the past that it takes a week or two for the points to be added.

So, here comes my question.  If we were to book a 4 night cruise in a Jr. Suite, would we get 8 points for the 4 nights??

You can talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the first cruise about reaching Diamond after that cruise and they can update your card for the second cruise so you get diamond benefits.

If you decide to do a 4 night in a JS, yes, you would get 8 points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1